You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do u think the Saints will get in the offseason?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarlicMeatballs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest Need is CB, so break the bank for Samuel or Clement, I think it is more likely that Samuel will be at least franchised by NE, so I predict signing Clement.

Then look to resign Grant, if he is too $$$$ then look elsewhere, but I predict he will be resigned and remain a big part of the Saints success and at his size he is able to slide from DE to DT on passing situations.

Terdell Sands - DT from OAK, signed to become a run stuffer, massive DT and younger than Young or Thomas.

Thomas - signed to a one or two year deal - he is old but still effective and should want to be in NO after the team stuck with him during his suspension and gave him a starting spot....

Stinchcomb resigned
Holland resigned (depth)
Clark resigned (depth and could push Simmeneau for time)
Cooper resigned
Miller resigned depth and experience at TE

Shanle - gone, Stoutmire - gone, Bellamy (retire), Horn (cut), Thomas (cut, retire), Beerman is gone/retire, all the TEs other gone/cut/retire

DRAFT -
Round 1 - LB: Willis, Timmons, Poz, Alexnader, Moss (de/lb) - I think the best available will be Timmons Willis, Poz and Moss gone when Saints pick)

Round 2 - If either of the top 2 TEs are available then grab Miller or Olsen if not then go for a young CB: Bennett, SC; Houston, ARK; McCauley, Fresno; Jackson, Syr; Ross, TX

Round 3 (two picks back to back) Can never have too much OL depth so may see a lineman drafted and then possibly a sleeper WR maybe Smith, USC, Mcknight, ND; Davis, LSU; Hill WSU
or a TE prospect like Speath from Minn.
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOSaints wrote:
Well according to my morning newspaper Hollis Thomas wants to come back and try to win a Super Bowl. Charles Grant said he is looking out for his kids and the future. He also said you sit down with your agent and the organization and hope everything works out. Stinchcomb said he started his career in NO and is happy there. Horn doesn't want to take a pay cut and said he can possibly see himself and the team going in different directions. Finally, Payton believes the winning season has put the team in a better position to attract free agents. So from what I've read I think about some of the bigger names:

Charles Grant resigned
Stinchcomb resigned
Hollis Thomas 1-2 year deal resigned if not look for our #1 pick to go DT unless stud CB or LB is there
Not sure about Horn
I want Asante Samuel on this team
I would rather address the CB in free agency I just feel like the rookie DTs and LBs are a little more NFL ready than the CBs my personal opinion
But I look for the Saints to get a CB and a LB in free agency

I definitely agree with you here, especially about CB's. The only difference is I would like to see us draft a CB. Since this is such a deep draft I beieve it is very concievable that we can get a good one in the later rounds. I for one tend to say stick with the SEC as they tend to have the better defenses. So a David Irons (Auburn), Chris Houston (Arkansas), Ryan Smith (Florida), Jonathan Wade (Tenessee), or Fred Bennett (South Carolina) could turn out to be steals in the later rounds. Plus if we still have two veteran CB's here they can be the rookies mentor.

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!
Smirk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to bet some cash that we don't get Samuel or Clements. I just don't see it happening.

Set your sights on:

Rodric Hood, CB, Philly.

Donnie Edwards, LB, SD.

Eric Johnson, TE, SF.

In the draft, I would look at Willis, Quinn Pitcock, Timmons, Robert Meachem, Dwayne Bowe, Zach Miller, HB Blades, Brandon Siler, Paul Soliai, Johnny Lee Higgins as all being possibilities at some point.

Tank Tyler is a terrible pick for us. He has serious character concerns. Marcus McCauley is dropping like a rock and needs a GREAT combine at this point to even be early 2nd round.

Shanle re-signed is a done deal according to his agent. We need to re-sign Hollis and Stinchcomb. I think Charles Grant is gone, and we're going to have to start looking to draft a DE.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: