Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

United 93
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BornToFly

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
oaktownOG wrote:
I'd like to go see it. I don't see why people are saying it's 'too soon' when all day of 9/11/01 they repeatedly showed the planes crashing over and over.

i think ppl are saying it is too soon just bc ppl go to movies mainly for entertainment value, and this movie has nothing entertaining about it, even alot of sad movies are not true ( movie wise, it's just the plot ) I can see if I would of lost someone in 9/11, thinking it was too soon, or just being able to see it at all. That being said, the movie was beautifully done, and with the victims in mind.
I disagree with your entertainment assessment. No it wasn't funny but that doesn't make it any less entertaining. the dialogue was real good and the little bit of action hit at exactly the right points

F.Y.I. the families were consulted about the movie and agreed to allow the movie to get out there because they wanted everyone to see what their loved ones went through.

that's fine about not agreeing with me about the ET value, i just can't see a movie like that as being entertainment.

i knew they consulted the familes, but that doesn't mean they will watch the film. Like I said, it is a hard movie to watch, but I think it was beautifully done, and with the victims in mind. It put us on that plane, and made us see what the vicims saw, and felt ( to a degree )
GoVikings988

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw it earlier tonight, and i thought it was pretty good.i almost cried at the end, and i had goosebumps throughout the movie.
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it last week. Great movie, but I hated every minute of it. Still, it's important that we don't forget. Some people really should see the movie.
Deets

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say I was affected by 9/11 that much or any national tragedy for that matter. Ill prbly see it out of curiousity.

FF Member #67
bds16

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work at a movie theater so I've seen everything. I love this movie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: