You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Skins TE need

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Skins TE need Reply with quote

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/te/alexholmes.html

Assuming that we don't take Miller in the first round, doesn't this guy sound like exactly what the Skins need in a TE? It seems to me that we could get him with a late second day pick.
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he sounds like a real nice fit. And if it doesn't work out getting him, we could look at this guy:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/te/davekashetta.html
riggensghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E- I like your guy b/c he can long snap too. We overpay for Ethan Albright who is starting to decline. It's always good to have a reliable back up.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree, for one I wouldn't take Miller where we are at right now, if we move down like 10 spots and then take him.. that makes sense but he shouldn't be a top 10 pick.

Also, I think if we can get this Alex in the 3rd or 4th round it would be a great pick up or there is another tight end from Colorado State as well. I know Holmes made a couple of gret catches in the Orange Bowl. He's one heck of a talent, if he can just stay healthy then we could get a starter our of it.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not a TE in the 9th spot, please. MW or DJ, otherwise, trade down for Dan Cody or David Pollack. I want to see a player who could produce some highlights on Sportscenter.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you love DJ, he makes no sense for us...

We have 2 of the best OLB in the League in Washington and Arrington why do we need DJ

That's the last postion we should take, we also have C Clemons and unless he moves to MLB Lemar Marshall at OLB...

and i'm sick of highlights from Taylor and Arringotn, I want them to make solid tackles and big plays and I want us to start winning....Highlights don't win ball games, being smart and following your assignments wins ball games.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Sean Taylor misses some tackles because he overplays the hit, BUT he made a huge impact for the Redskins. Sean Taylor is so much more than just a player that makes highlight reel hits. Aside from Cornelius Griffin, Antonio Pierce and Marcus Washington, I saw no one more valuable on their defense, last year. Besides... it was his first year. He'll only get better.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but see if dj is still there at 9 and mike is not there braylon or antrel i think we trade down with like the cowboys get the 11 and like a 2nd
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueRedskin05 wrote:
but see if dj is still there at 9 and mike is not there braylon or antrel i think we trade down with like the cowboys get the 11 and like a 2nd

I know it's just an example, but I doubt we'd trade with a division rival (especially the Cowboys), and let them take what might be the best player in the draft. Besides, wouldn't it be more fun to trade with someone else to let them take DJ and screw the Cowboys at the same time?
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we would trade down in the 20 range with some1 who do you think we would take cuz if we got a second we could get alex smith TE form stanfrod and maybe fabian washington with the first or a Wide receiver like Mark clayton or roddy white

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: