Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anyone ever watch Cops?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius21Jones wrote:
HiFi wrote:
Julius21Jones wrote:
personally i hate it.the show is getting off on peoples misfortune....

I love how you call it "people's misfortune," as though committing a crime is is an "unfortunate" event for a person. Last I checked, a criminal makes the decision to be a criminal. No misfortune involved.

why do we need to see people getting arrested ? to me thats sick,its like people are entertained by it.and whats unfortunate are these peoples lifestyles.lets make a video of all your mistakes and/or your friends and families mistakes (everyone has disfunction in their family) and let the world see

I don't care for the show much, but if people are interested in seeing what it's like to be a police officer, and the types of situations they face, I see no problem with it. Also, if people see how pitiful the criminals look on the show, maybe it they'll realize that there are better things to do with your time than break the law.

The people have to sign a waiver as someone mentioned before, so if they choose not to "let the world see," they can do so. Another reason I see no problem with it.
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESE PEOPLE HAVE TO SIGN WAIVERS!!! Have to get permission from the person arrested to use the footage. These people want others, like children to see the mistakes they made, and try and convince the viewer that it is wrong what they did.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dingo18287 wrote:
THESE PEOPLE HAVE TO SIGN WAIVERS!!! Have to get permission from the person arrested to use the footage. These people want others, like children to see the mistakes they made, and try and convince the viewer that it is wrong what they did.

exactly.

i still don't see how it can't be funny watching toothless crackheads run from cops

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:

exactly.

i still don't see how it can't be funny watching toothless crackheads run from cops

ok ..... but i just dont see humor in that

phinsforlife on the sig
BornToFly

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dingo18287 wrote:

i'm not convinced of that.....not the signing of waiver type, but some of those ppl have been arrested more than once, and the cops know them by name.....maybe they just want their 15 min of fame... Confused
Julius21Jones

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone watch dog ?its this show about a bounty hunter,it comes on a&e.i do like this show but its not the same as cops.

phinsforlife on the sig
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BornToFly wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:

i'm not convinced of that.....not the signing of waiver type, but some of those ppl have been arrested more than once, and the cops know them by name.....maybe they just want their 15 min of fame... Confused

Well, yeah of course some of them do it just to be on TV! But a lot of them what people to know what kinds of mistakes they did, and hopefully learn from them.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius21Jones wrote:
anyone watch dog ?its this show about a bounty hunter,it comes on a&e.i do like this show but its not the same as cops.

nope, but i love alot of a & e shows! Smile

maybe i will ck it out sometimes....when is it normally on?
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius21Jones wrote:

That show is GREAT! I think its on Tues?

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius21Jones wrote:

The show is entertaining, but it's funny because Dog is a bounty hunter in Hawaii. I'd like to see him deal with some of the criminals in Los Angeles and other problem neighborhoods across the 48.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: