Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Film piracy costs Hollywood $6.1 billion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DC4LIFE

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Film piracy costs Hollywood $6.1 billion Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060504/film_nm/media_movies_dc;_ylt=Aq7.t7hx6idDdL2ZpXRa3xhxFb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

WOW thats sucks for them Shocked
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figures, my sister got me Star Wars Episode 3 like the actual DVD about 3 weeks after it had came out to the theatres, thus saving me 30 bucks.

I have no clue as to how it leaked or anything of that nature but I think that DVD piracy has a much larger impact on profits than CD piracy does. I could be wrong but that's what would seem logical.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is just an excuse for why all the movies nowadays suck. I mean come its all remakes and sequals. Im not saying that there arent some original movies once and a while but they have sucked in recent years.

serves em right Twisted Evil

FF Member #67
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
I think this is just an excuse for why all the movies nowadays suck. I mean come its all remakes and sequals. Im not saying that there arent some original movies once and a while but they have sucked in recent years.

serves em right Twisted Evil

touche'

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
serves em right

I think people need to stop looking to "stick it to the man" and realize that the real people hurt by this theft are the lower class workers who aren't making 7 figure salaries
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
qball8001

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Deets wrote:
serves em right

I think people need to stop looking to "stick it to the man" and realize that the real people hurt by this theft are the lower class workers who aren't making 7 figure salaries

Well said.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that number has got to be way high. i'm not someone who burns CD's or DVD's or anything like that, i'm very against it. but i have a few albums downloaded that i would never ever buy. if it wasn't available for free, i wouldn't consider spending money on it. and i'm sure a lot of you feel the same way about some of the albums and movies you have.
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could start saving money by not hiring people to figure out those kind of statistics.

Seriously though, I burn albums that I've bought to use in the car, or other places, but I don't distribute them to others. As a struggling musician myself, I know how it is. DVD's I've never burned.
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing that i have that's burnt is the epsiode 3 star wars which i'm still at a loss as to how my sister got it. most of my friends burn CD's off limewire still and it sorta ticks me off since i'm in the process of making an album myself even though i know that musicians make the majority of their money from touring. i probably won't break even when it's all said and done with my album but i could careless i'm not doing it for the money.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest. I hate spending money on a CD thinking its gonna be good and finding out it only has one good song. What a waste of money. I am a Huge Itunes guy though.
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
To be honest. I hate spending money on a CD thinking its gonna be good and finding out it only has one good song. What a waste of money. I am a Huge Itunes guy though.

Yeah, but what do you do if your computer crashes and you lose your entire library.

I'm huge on iTunes as well it's just that all of the songs on it come from CD's I buy.

I think we all hate that feeling though after we buy a CD that we think will be good and then it's not but I liked the artist enough in the first place to buy it so I don't have a problem with it because it's supporting music I enjoy even though that CD isn't that great.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I backup all my songs, cause you would be foolish not to.

But Cd prices are just getting out of control. They have been on the rise for a while. I really do not want to drop 15 bucks on a CD. I have to fill my tank with gas. Gas is not cheap.
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
Well, I backup all my songs, cause you would be foolish not to.

But Cd prices are just getting out of control. They have been on the rise for a while. I really do not want to drop 15 bucks on a CD. I have to fill my tank with gas. Gas is not cheap.

word, tell me about it. I drive a hemi Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a good point about hurting the lower class guys. You aren't sticking it to Tom Cruise or Steven Spielberg when you pirate movies, you stick it to the guy working minimum wage doing lighting who has to find a new job. Really, as if movies are so costly anyway. Rent it from Blockbuster or use Netflix if it's so expensive to see a movie in the theater.
Bigz

Location: Home of the Bulldogs(fresno state bulldogs that is)
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as the cd's are concerned, i think the record companies were just asking for trouble when they got rid of the singles and forced people to spend 20 bucks on an album that has 1 maybe 2 good songs on it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: