Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golf
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titansfan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanthersIn05 wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
This maybe should be in the "Other Sports" forum because Golf is a sport I suppose.... Wink .

To be honest I can't stend watching golf because it takes forever to take a shot and it isn't the most enthralling sport in the world. However, I do respect the people who are amazing at it because it really does take some skill. Some of the shots they play are simply amazing.

I went once with a few mates and the first swing I took with the club I missed the ball. I find it so hard. I then went to the driving range and I could barely break the 50 yard barrier.... Confused .

It is a hard sport to play.

Man, you live in England and you're not into golf. There are some of the finest courses in the history of man over there.

Yeah you're right... Some of the courses are just amazing. I have never personally been to any but just seeing them on the TV makes me want to go and visit one.... Don't get me wrong I don't mind playing it but I don't take it seriously when I play. I only go about once a year.... Also, I can't stand watching it as I like sports that are much more high-tempo...

I'm taken up too much with my soccer to have time for golf. Wink .

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
PanthersIn05

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
PanthersIn05 wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
This maybe should be in the "Other Sports" forum because Golf is a sport I suppose.... Wink .

To be honest I can't stend watching golf because it takes forever to take a shot and it isn't the most enthralling sport in the world. However, I do respect the people who are amazing at it because it really does take some skill. Some of the shots they play are simply amazing.

I went once with a few mates and the first swing I took with the club I missed the ball. I find it so hard. I then went to the driving range and I could barely break the 50 yard barrier.... Confused .

It is a hard sport to play.

Man, you live in England and you're not into golf. There are some of the finest courses in the history of man over there.

Yeah you're right... Some of the courses are just amazing. I have never personally been to any but just seeing them on the TV makes me want to go and visit one.... Don't get me wrong I don't mind playing it but I don't take it seriously when I play. I only go about once a year.... Also, I can't stand watching it as I like sports that are much more high-tempo...

I'm taken up too much with my soccer to have time for golf. Wink .

Yeah, I hear ya. Soccer is HUGE over by you.

DwareisDfuture with the sig
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Golf Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

So to any of you guys that have a slice, you can't hold it like a baseball bat. You must turn you bottom hand overtop of the club. This prevents the club head from opening up, preventing the dreaded slice, which about 97% of golfers have. Laughing

I had that same problem and my coach fixed it up.
I also have a problem with spreading my feet out too much, but I feel like I get more power, but my coach said it restricts the hips, so I try to lighten-up on.
I also find it very hard to chip like 10-20 feet away from the green- I always go short of the green or all the way on the other side of the green and into the rough.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Golf Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
packerfan466230 wrote:
Anyone here play golf?
I play on the school team and I've been playing for 2 years.

Anyone else?

i try packer i try

i have a natural swing but i need so much work its not even funny

I don't know if you're in high school, but if you're not, then try hiring a local golf pro. I think almost every golf course has one and the classes are usually over the summer for like around $200. I know it's a lot, but after the classes, just practice and it will work out.
Just a thought...

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Golf Reply with quote

packerfan466230 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
packerfan466230 wrote:
Anyone here play golf?
I play on the school team and I've been playing for 2 years.

Anyone else?

i try packer i try

i have a natural swing but i need so much work its not even funny

I don't know if you're in high school, but if you're not, then try hiring a local golf pro. I think almost every golf course has one and the classes are usually over the summer for like around $200. I know it's a lot, but after the classes, just practice and it will work out.
Just a thought...

i graduated high school in 1989 LOL

i have too much else to pay then that nice suggestion but i am gonna try to work out the kinks with friends who think they are pros hahaha
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to Other Sports. Very Happy
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is your guys' most/least favorite golfer?

I don't have a favorite, but I really hate Phil Mickelson. He gets me so ticked off for some reason.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
fgs5635

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfan466230 wrote:

I don't have a favorite, but I really hate Phil Mickelson. He gets me so ticked off for some reason.

Can't stand Vijay Singh, he's a miserable git. Barley smiles if he wins a tournament and I hate that daft grey cardigan he always wears.
As for the golf, I love it and have been playing for 20 years and have a handicap of 5. Use to be lower, but a bad back is setting me back a little.
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fgs5635 wrote:
packerfan466230 wrote:

Can't stand Vijay Singh, he's a miserable git. Barley smiles if he wins a tournament and I hate that daft grey cardigan he always wears.
As for the golf, I love it and have been playing for 20 years and have a handicap of 5. Use to be lower, but a bad back is setting me back a little.

Huh, I'm sort of a fan of Vijah Singh, becuase of the way he carries himself. He's very lose and just care-free.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Phil even though I dont like him at all he choked badly today..

Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
JIllg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winged Foot is an absolute beast. I really enjoy playing golf and sport anywhere from a 13 to a 20 handicap depending on how in synch my swing is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Phil, but he deserves to suffer for throwing this one away like he did. Using the driver and hitting it that horrible is all his fault. Unlike the Mavericks tonight, Phil can't blame a ref for his loss.

I just don't understand why he couldn't hit a long iron on #18. If he hit it terribly, it goes into the first cut of rough, not the tents. And he would still be able to get it near the green in two.

I thought Michelle Wie was the queen of choke. Phil one-upped her today. Monty too on 18. It shows that everyone, EVERYONE other than a Tiger, can come apart like a cheap suit when it's all on the line late.

It just sucks because I wanted to care about the British Open next month. Now I don't.

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predicted Ogilvy from the beginning to win, and he did. Kudos to him.

I wanted Oberholser to make a nice run after his -3 on Friday, but it didn't work out. Ogilvy was consistent and played great golf. He has one of the top 5 games on tour if he gets his act together.

Meanwhile, Phil looked terrible. Not just on the last hole, but all week. He holed some nice putts but couldn't drive the ball for his life. He also looks really out of shape, but hey, it's golf!

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
iavikefn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Phil Mickelson a lot, so I'm happy that he choked.

I would like to know how you felt Tiger was going to play this week. I thought that he would either win it (for his father) or struggle mightily (after taking 9 weeks off).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger Woods is, dare I say it, overrated. He has to prove to the Golfing world that he can come back from such a long layoff and has yet to do so. He hasn't won a major in a while, and did horribly this weekend. Parity is happening in the golf world, and Tiger, at this point, may not even be number 2 or 3 in golf for me. It goes Mickelson, Singh, Ogilvy then Woods right now. Ogilvy won the Match Play and this, so he moves up a lot.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: