Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why OLB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say trade down and get more 2nd and 3rd round picks. This way we could pickup Matt Jones, an OL like Kemoeatu, a RB like Jacobs in the 4th, and a good DE like Canty in the 2nd.
stillARE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah with a situation like that I'd have to say trade down. We could still get a guy we want, and gain some picks out of it. It's win/win.
Canada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
I heard a report on the radio this evening that the Steelers are interested in Darryl Blackstock, Matt Jones, and Heath Miller. From different scenarios supposedly, is if that Miller is gone and Blackstock is there in the 1st, they'll take Blackstock. If Blackstock is gone and Miller is there, they'll take Miller. However, surprisingly, if both Miller and Blackstock are gone, they will go after Matt Jones. They are hoping Jones will slip into the 2nd round to them, but wouldn't want to risk losing him if their top two guys are gone. At least the Steelers aren't looking at a CB in the 1st. That would be stupid.

I would think that the Steelers went to his Pro-Day Workout. I would be p'd if they didn't!!!

But who the Steelers take is really anyones guess. The FO is very tight lipped about such things.

Matt Jones in the first??? I don't see it. What position does he play....TE....WR??? That is the reason why he will not be a first round selection IMO. If I'm the Steelers I'm having a hard time taking him in the second rd.

Nothing wrong with getting a Quality CB in the First. I'd rather be taking a quality CB than a converted QB who really doesn't have a position right now with our first round pick.
BlackStarVII

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB, DB, RB, DL......any of those four areas would be good pickups for us. If there is a good corner sitting there by chance, why not take him? Townsend is not going to be here forever, and IMO, he's much better off as a nickelback than a corner anyhow. Colclough will still be a starter IMO, but if we get that one corner that could come aboard and contribute, everything willbe just fine.

We seriously need help at our LB positions, wheter it be ILB or OLB, it doesn't matter. I'm not confident or will be confident in Foote's abilities there, despite the contract offer. I like Blackstock in the 1st rd, but if they trade down to get him, that's even better.

Kimo (KVO) is moving up in age and is mostly likely on the down side of his career. He still plays his heart out, but hopefully, they're looking at a good replacement for him. If one like Shaun Cody is there, I don't see why they wouldn't make him a consideration. But I also like Canty later on in the 2nd rd.....

You suck. We'll crush you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: