Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Family Guy vs. South Park
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHat is the funnier show?
Family Guy
64%
 64%  [ 60 ]
South Park
35%
 35%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 93

MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the [EDITED BY MODERATOR] is wrong with being random anyways? Its still funny. Just like theres nothing wrong with offending a few uptight people (Southpark).

THEY ARE BOTH GREAT SHOWS

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Park has been around longer and it's true that Family Guy can't make a joke pertaining to the actual plot. Don't get me wrong, I think Family Guy is funny but Trey Parker and Matt Stone are geniouses whether you think it or not. They continue to make fresh material where Family Guy sort of relies on just complete randomness to get a cheap laugh. Family Guy is best watched stoned pretty much and that's just being honest. South Park has been making me laugh longer thus I gave them my vote. I still like them both though.

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Family Guy....so funny. I use to HATE SouthPark, but since College started, I have gotten use to it. SouthPark can be pretty stupid some......a lot of the time. Yeah, Family Guy can be too, but SP can be almost childish.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vigilante wrote:
South Park = NOT funny, just plain stupid

South Park isnt funny at all. Straight up, its a retarded show. THe humor is brutal - all it is is steretypical, racist, played out jokes. Most of the content is stupid and the jokes are predicatble. At least Famiyl Guy has witty jokes.

South Park accuratley illustrates American culture. Soon to be gone entirley

The last Family Guy I saw had a punchline of Moby - wanting raisin bran cereal at a breakfast table? Witty? South Park makes a half hour show based on a current event, making a hilarious show. The episode of chef perfectly critized the stupidity of Scientology for half an hour.

Your punch at America too is a glaring contradiction within itself. Here you are, in an NFL forum, talking about AMERICAN Football which you obviously enjoy, yet say our culture is declining? Sorry pal, there is a reason we are better than everyone. You must be British, so I am going to assume you are still bitter over the Revolutionary War. Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing We bent you guys over backwards\Very Happy/ Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rab32 wrote:
You must be British, so I am going to assume you are still bitter over the Revolutionary War. Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing We bent you guys over backwards\Very Happy/ Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing

England is one of our very few allies right now so making fun of them is sort of sophomoric.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadAtFalcons wrote:
what the [EDITED BY MODERATOR] is wrong with being random anyways? Its still funny. Just like theres nothing wrong with offending a few uptight people (Southpark).

THEY ARE BOTH GREAT SHOWS

I didn't say there is anything wrong with being random, definitely not. It just isn't funny to me because it doesn't mean anything. I like humor that's clever, witty, and relevant. Why should I care about what's being said if it isn't relevant to anything? What purpose does it serve then? It doesn't help us understand characters better, or in any way advance the plot. It just feels like a cheap trick inserted to try and be outrageous. It feels forced and overplayed, like the only reason it is funny is because it is wacky and random and outrageous, not because it is actually a good joke. It seems like they try and use shock value to make it funny, and that just isn't funny to me, period.

Random does not equal funny in my book. Clever, well-thought-out, topical jokes are. Just my opinion, not trying to say yours is wrong in any way. I'm simply saying how I feel about the topic.

Let's try and keep it friendly here and not offend anyone. I'm definitely not intending to, so don't take anything in here personally. Cool

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on your sense of humor. For me Family Guy is much funnier. Someone said that SP comes up with new material all the time. Well it isn't that hard b/c new stuff happens in the world all the time. Their way of spinning episodes into political commentary is incredible though, and for the most part funny, but their are more unfunny jokes in SP than in FG.

P.S. Drawn Together was pretty funny in the first season, but the second season is the worst load of crap I have ever seen.

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: