Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Juicing in College Football.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c0insnap

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Juicing in College Football. Reply with quote

Now, before I start this off, let me say that I have no proof (other than physical). I was looking at some pictures of Florida's incoming freshmen, and it kind of reminded me of those Brian Cushing pictures from his freshman through senior season. For those that haven't seen them:

Cushing was already caught 'roiding by the NFL, FWIW.

To be perfectly honest, I believe steroids and many other banned substances are very prevalent in college football right now. I know certain kinds of creatine have been banned, but that doesn't necessarily mean that players aren't cheating. Personally, I believe at least 50% of NFL players are 'roiding so it's not that big of a deal. However, if it's happening on the college level then I believe it's wrong. Anyway, here are some before and after pictures of safety Matt Elam and wide receiver Chris Dunkley... keep in mind that both players have only been at Florida for a few months.

Elam's obviously a big guy, but he went from looking like a well-built safety to an NFL inside linebacker in a matter of months. Very questionable...

I believe Dunkley's pictures speak for themselves.

At the end of the day it's pure speculation, I would just like to know everyone's thoughts on the matter.

Beast
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Percy Harvin was widely suspected of juicing as well.

A few kids from all the big schools definitely do it, I think training tables can explain it as well though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensWin520 wrote:
Percy Harvin was widely suspected of juicing as well.
A few kids from all the big schools definitely do it, I think training tables can explain it as well though.
In the end everyone was forced to realize he was just a monster in the weight room.

I think it's safe to say that at least has to hold some kind of weight. Maybe Florida is just that good at weight training.

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

Okay.

Sacramento is a finals team now folks. Laughing

yeah so? Would anyone here disagree?
Mason98

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa Dunkley got swole as hell.................Does that mean he is on roids no but damn. Same with Elam, i mean i hate people who see people get swole and than so oh well he got big so hes roiding, but its Florida so who knows Twisted Evil

^^GreenNGold85 on the sig
beavsandpatsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida must have one heck of a weight room.....
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there are athletes juicing at every major university. It's one of those things where for alot of kids the rewards out do the risks. I don't wanna single out any of these kids without knowing their habits, but I'm sure there's definitely a decent percentage of kids out there doing it.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
MultiSync

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew guys at my D3 college that did roids. I would say its safe to say that kids at D1 programs do them as well.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheaties and peanut butter milkshakes IMO.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:

That sounds delicious.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Men's bodies are almost as suscpetible to change from 18-22 as they are from 14-18. You go in to a major University and work out like they tell work out and eat like they tell you to eat and you are gonna blow up. Personally, I gained 80 pounds in HS and never took anything but a multi vitamin. I just worked my you know what off and did what I was asked to. When these kids get to college, tehy enter a whole new weight training regimen that shocks the body into change. The also start eating way better and working out harder. It doesnt take steriods to get that big and since they are probably in the top 10-15% of physical specimens already, its probably pretty easy to put on 10-15 pounds in a year as long as they work hard.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi wrote:
Men's bodies are almost as suscpetible to change from 18-22 as they are from 14-18. You go in to a major University and work out like they tell work out and eat like they tell you to eat and you are gonna blow up. Personally, I gained 80 pounds in HS and never took anything but a multi vitamin. I just worked my you know what off and did what I was asked to. When these kids get to college, tehy enter a whole new weight training regimen that shocks the body into change. The also start eating way better and working out harder. It doesnt take steriods to get that big and since they are probably in the top 10-15% of physical specimens already, its probably pretty easy to put on 10-15 pounds in a year as long as they work hard.

while all of that may be true....so much of america remains blissfully naive when it comes to steroids in NCAA.

I knew players at William and Mary that juiced ... William and friggen Mary...i am also great friends with a guy that played fullback for Michigan State and not only did he use them he said more than half the team did. that was an eye opener to me.

in the end IDC as long as there is football on saturdays.

Texasmade wrote: Your reading comprehension skills would embarrass a potatoe.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Texasmade wrote:

That sounds delicious.

Yup. Breakfast of champions.
DenverismyTeam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, steriods are everywhere, not just D-1. How do you think these kids get there in the first place?

I'd venture more than 50% of D-1 players do it for sure (or something very similar) and I wouldn't be far off.

In high school, amongst serious players trying to go D-1, I'd say its 75-80%. Most of these kids are HUGE, and you can just see the unnatrual muscles and bumps they have. And its sad.

QuinneyluvsNFL on this sweet thing Very Happy.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenverismyTeam wrote:
Guys, steriods are everywhere, not just D-1. How do you think these kids get there in the first place?

I'd venture more than 50% of D-1 players do it for sure (or something very similar) and I wouldn't be far off.

In high school, amongst serious players trying to go D-1, I'd say its 75-80%. Most of these kids are HUGE, and you can just see the unnatrual muscles and bumps they have. And its sad.

Whats sad is that guys who dont lift or lift and dont get the same results assume that these kids are doing steriods. Im was never a great thlete and I never had the talent som eof these kids do but I busted my butt in HS and it paid off. Not to toot my own horn, but I probably had the 2nd most muscualr body on a team that had 5-6 seniors get d-1 offers. And I never took more than a multi vitamin. People have different bodies and genetics, mine is one where I can easily add muscle if I work out. Just like most of the kids at these schools I assume. Just beacuse some people dont understand the benefits of working out hard almost every day for 5 to 6 to 8 years doesnt mean all these guys are on steriods.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenverismyTeam wrote:

So if a kid is a D1 caliber athlete he must be juicing? Am I reading that right? If I am that is one of the dumbest and most short sited statements I've heard on here in quite some time. The state of Texas alone produces 300-400 D1 athletes every year, a good portion of which are poverty stricken inner city kids. I suppose kids who can barely afford to eat can afford are out spending$ 100-$200 on a cycle? Think about that for a second. Surely you see how outlandish your statement is.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but just because you know of a few bad apples doesn't mean that the entire bushel is bad. In fact Id be willing to bet the mortgage that there's a higher% of kids who are just genetically gifted than there are users.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: