Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Grades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Dallas draft- C+

Bobby Carpenter- B+

Good pick. Only reason he isn't an A is that I think Lawson is better. Just a matter of preference.

Anthony Fasano- B

At first, I was like WTF?. The more I thought about this, the more I liked this pick. I've always liked Fasano, but I never thought he would go to us. We use a 2 TE set and he will be an instant starter. I like him a lot and he will help out Witten. However, I feel we passed on better players. Good pick.

Jason Hatcher- D-

I still hate this pick. I realize he has talent and potential, but we have 0 need for a DE. With Max Jean-Gilles and Ko Simpson on the board at the time (We got Watkins later, so I'm fine), we should have picked them. Passing on Jean-Gilles when OG is a huge need for someone that seems to be a 2nd day prospect (6th round) at a position of no need. Horrible pick.

Skyler Green- C+

I like Skyler Green, but we could have gotten him later IMO. He could be a very good future WR. He brings speed to our team and will at the very least be a good return man. Decent pick, but again, I'd rather had someone else.

Pat Watkins- A+

An amazing steal in the 5th round. This filled our free safety need with a guy I would have taken in the 2nd. He has great potential and I think he was our best pick.

Montavious Stanley- A

Excellent value in the sixth round. He's the guy I wanted here all along. I love this kid's potential to be a great NT. Excellent pick.

Pat McQuistan- B-

I don't know much about this guy, but thank goodness we finally addressed O-line. I would have rather had Fred Matua or Derek Morris.

E.J Whitley- D

Bad pick. Albeit, it was a 7th rounder, but we got an OT with our last pick. Hank Baskett and Martin Nance would have been better picks. Those two or a guard.

Overall: Carpenter pick is just what we need. At first, Fasano pick was strange, but I've warmed up to it. We might have been able to do better, but I like the pick. Major screwup with Hatcher in the 3rd IMO. I don't car how much potential he has. The second day picks were amazing. Watkins and Stanley were steals. Ok 7th round.
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
titan52490

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i know, is the rams had a KILLER! day 2...

we good a great DE, a KR, a underated MLB, and we still have 2 picks left...

wow...

Austin Davis on the victory over Seattle wrote:
“We wanted to finish the game in an offensive victory formation. We did that.”
Al Toon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets get a B+ overall

First and second rounds: A+. Got two players who were the best available at their positions, D'Brick and Mangold, and instant starters. Clemens could be ready to start in 2007.

The third round was a disaster. Both Schlegal and Eric Smith were big reaches. (However, Schlegal will be an effective run-stopping ILB).

Fourth round rebounds: Brad Smith could be a special receiver, and Leon Washington will be an excellent third-down back at worst.

Fifth through seventh: Depth at corner in Drew Coleman, a potential situational FB in TE James Pociask, and a steal in DT Titus Adams.

If not for the third round, this could have been an A+ draft. Let's see what street agents are brought in.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take the Dolphins draft- Allen, Hagan, Toledo, Evans, Wright, and Aromashodu sounds mighty good.

Allen and Hagan will definitely contribute this year, and Wright, Evans, and Aromashodu very well could.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philadelphia had the best draft overall. St. Louis and Arizona also did fantastic.
titan52490

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
Philadelphia had the best draft overall. St. Louis and Arizona also did fantastic.

i pretty much agree with this

mainly because they got better with both OL and DL-which is what wins games-i mean as ray lewis

nyjvilma51

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-dbrick-A+
1a-mangold-B+
2-Clemons-B-
3a-Shlegel-C-
3b-Eric Smith WTF??!!- F
4aBrad Smith-A
4b-Leon Washington-B
MyFavoriteMartin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the Jets draft overall. A few things:

Should've taken Leinart.

Croyle, Whitehurst, and Croyle are better than Clemens, all three were available and they didn't need to trade up to get him.(considering we didn't take Leinart)

We have Vilma we don't need Schlegel

Who's Eric Smith?

Thanks to fryetoedwards for the sig.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers Grades:

1. A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio St.- Great pick. Pack fans have been touting him for months and most of us got our wish. Should help solidify the defense and become a force for years to come. A

2a. Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise St.- Not what I was looking for. It fills a need in the o-line, but Colledge is a tackle, and we have Clifton and Tauscher already. Would've taken a top guard. B-

2b. Greg Jennings, WR, Western Michigan- Wide out is a need, but I wish we would have picked up Hagan or Stoval instead of Jennings. Still, he could end up being very productive. B+

3a. Abdul Hodge, MLB, Iowa- Nice pick. I was pretty pumped when I saw we got him. Adding him and Hawk together should become quite a force, not to mention Barnett will be starting as well. Great value in round 3. A-

3b. Jason Spitz, C, Louisville- I didn't like the pick off the bat, but it did end up growing on me after a while. Other than the fact that Spitz looks like an absolute retard, he is a good interior lineman and could start at center. B+

4a. Corey Rodgers, WR, TCU- Nice duel purpose pick in the fourth. Rodgers will help out the pass game, but he will also have a Mathis like effect on our kick returns, which have been pitiful in Green Bay for a while. A-

4b. Will Blackmon, CB, Boston College- Another great value. Blackmon will help out in the secondary, creating a solid group of corners in Woodson, Harris, Carrol, Hawkins, and Blackmon. He will also help with the punt return game. A-

5a. Ingle Martin, QB, Furman- I think Martin could be a decent QB, but I wish we would've waited on a third string option until later. He could develop and push Rodgers, but he most likely will be a career backup. C

5b. Tony Moll, OT, Nevada- NO! Horrible pick. Absolutly horrible. Pathetic. It's one thing to draft NO GUARDS and two tackles, but it's another to pass on Jon Scott to take a guy nobody has ever heard of. F

6a. Johnny Jolly, DT, Texas A&M- This pick was for depth. DT is a little thin with Pickett being the only proven guy. We then have Corey Williams, Colin Cole, and Kenderick Allen. Should battle for a roster spot, and maybe turn out like last year's 6 round d-lineman from Texas A&M. B-

6b. Tyrone Culver, S, Fresno St.- Actually, Culver would have gone a lot higher if it had not been for his forty. He ran a 4.63, and that dropped his stock a ways. Other than top end speed, he is a great athlete and could compete this year. B-

7. Dave Tollefson, DE, NW Missouri St.- Where is the vomit emoticon? Horrible pick. He is overaged and has no special athletic ability or stats. Training camp cut. F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETSTAKEBUSH wrote:
I liked the Jets draft overall. A few things:

Should've taken Leinart.

Croyle, Whitehurst, and Croyle are better than Clemens, all three were available and they didn't need to trade up to get him.(considering we didn't take Leinart)

We have Vilma we don't need Schlegel

Who's Eric Smith?

You are running a 3-4 now, bud. Two inside backers. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 (9) Ernie Sims LB Florida St.
2 (40) Daniel Bullocks S Nebraska
3 (74) Brian Calhoun RB Wisconsin
5 (141) Jonathan Scott T Texas
6 (179) Dee McCann DB West Virginia
7 (217) Fred Matua G USC
7 (247) Anthony Cannon LB Tulane

All of those picks are good picks either filling a need or giving us some depth that we have not had.

Matua, and Scott where both 2nd round talents that fell to the Leos Late. They will help shore up the worst O-Line in the league. And with a new Oline coach from

The first two picks are going to shore up an already decent defense that suffered from playing 2/3s the game.

Calhoun is a ? but he should do well in the Martz offense and offer a change of pace back from Jones.

OVerall I am very happy with this draft.
titan52490

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Tye Hill-could be similar to D. Hall, him and butler could be a Great Combo-B

2. Joe Klopen----whatever. Gives us a poor mans verson of Shockey, but seriously how man weapons do we need B+

3. Claude Wroten-amazing pick, fills big need with a Great Value. A

3b. Jon Alston-gives us a solid LB fast as hell too. B+

3c. Byrd-confusing pick at the time but we traded out TE so it works, good blocker and pass catcher should contribute right away-b

4. Victor Adeyanju-may even start, solid run stuffer and great value-A

5. Hagans-Gives us a return man, but another WR?-C+

7a. the Northwestern LB whose name escapes me-Huge Huge steal, this guy is the alltime leader of tackles-A

7b-Wetherstrom-Gives good depth-B-

7c. Palmer-steal, stud OG good depth B+

so an A- id say...

Harrington is da man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-9: Ernie Sims, LB, Florida St.

Overall, I'm very happy with this. Marinelli gets his type of guy who fits well into the system and we get that playmaking LB that will make a big impact on our defense. However we could've traded down a couple of spots and took him, especially with Leinart on the board - we could've even forced Arizona's hand and possible get an extra 2nd or 3rd. B+

2-40: Daniel Bullocks, S, Nebraska

Very good pick. Safety was one of our biggest needs and we got one with great value on where we drafted. He fits the system and everyone's happy. Should start from day one. B+

3-74: Brian Calhoun, RB, Wisconsin

Below average pick. I'm a little confused on the selection, however he adds great depth and he's a Martz type of guy. Should spell KJ on some downs while keeping Bryson fresh as well and if KJ goes down with another injury he can just go ahead and start. Its not a need but he's BPA - theres more pluses then negatives however we shoudl've waited until day 2 to draft a RB. C-

5-141: Jon Scott, OT, Texas

Excellent pick. This definately makes up for the selection of Calhoun, he is a tremendous steal and should be argued one of the best steals in the draft he also fills a need and adds depth to the line. Should make the roster. A+

6-179: Dee McCann, CB, West Virginia

I'm not livid or mad about the selection. He feels a need but it may be a bit of a reach with players such as Anwar Phillips and Dee Webb still on the board, should be a great special teams player however and will add depth. C+

7-217: Fred Matua, OG, USC

Excellent. He maynot make the roster but he's a steal in the 7th and will add great depth and could possible compete for a starting job at LG with Rex Tucker. A+

7-247: Anthony Cannon, LB, Tulsa

I'm not going to complain about the pick and I never heard of him so analyzing this wouldn't be fair.

Overall Grade: B+

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Grades Reply with quote

A: PHI, NYJ, AZ, HOU, NE, NYJ, STL, TEN
B: CAR, DEN, DET, GB, MIA, OAK, NO, SF
C: BUF, ATL, CHI, CIN, CLE, DAL, JAX, KC, NYG, PIT, SD, TB
D: BLT, IND, MIN, SEA
F: WAS

I thought the Eagles had the best draft. They received tremendous value across the board. I hope next year they will invest in a linebacker in the first round.

Buffalo turned their draft around with the selection of Youboty and Simpson after picking Whitner and McCargo way too high.
BrownsDynasty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was, on the whole, pleased with the Browns draft, but some picks were flat-out disgusting.

1. Kamerion Wimbley - B+ - He has alot of potential to become a sack machine with the Browns ever-improving front seven. Personally, I still think they should have gotten Ngata or Bunkley, but Savage fleeced a 6th rounder to take the same player he originally wanted to take.

2. D'Qwell Jackson - A - He can come in right away, team up with Andra Davis, and scare defenses around the NFL from day one. He is a flat-out physically impressive, fundamentally sound player. The only reason this isn't an A+ is because, well, they didn't, in my opinion, have to give up Jeff Faine (who I personally liked) to move up.

3. Travis Wilson - D- - The first flat-out disgusting pick. First of all, he wasn't even the most talented WR on the board. He also isn't too fast or too strong, and doesn't have too much potential to be much more than Joe J's mediocre years. They want him to pair with B Easy, but they will need to draft higher and better to get that type of player. Unfortunately, his career at its peak may never reach more than 1,000 yards or 5 TD's.

4. Leon Williams - D - I'd be lying if I said I knew much at all about this guy. After reading many scouting reports, however, it seemed more evident he was NOT 4th round talent. They say he doesn't have strong instincts, and didn't contribute much beyond special teams in college. With some of the players on the board in the 4th, I was baffled by this pick of a special teamer with the first 2nd-day pick.

5a. Jerome Harrison - A - I think the only reason he fell this far is because he's 5'9". I mean, this kid nearly led the league in yards last year, and had an astonishing YPC rating (6.2). The only thing they needed in their running game was a change-of-pace back, and he provides just that. He's an explosive talent who could even turn out to be an every-down back.

5b. DeMario Minter - C+ - The most shocking part about this pick was that they picked yet another corner. There is already a solid nucleus in Leigh Bodden, Gary Baxter, and Daylon McCutcheon. I suppose that Baxter and McCutcheon are getting older, and may get injured, but still, CB is not the most pressing need right now. DeMario, however, is a great playmaker who could contribute majorly if he solves his character issues.

6a. Lawrence Vickers - B+ - I would like this pick much more if Vickers could manage to improve his blocking in the time when he is backing up Terrelle Smith. Smith, as everyone knows, is getting old, and Vickers will be able to contribute immideately upon Smith's departure. Also, Vickers is a pound-it-out runner who will certainly bolster the dismal red-zone attack of the Browns last season. If he can put up anywhere near to his last year's total rushing TD's (9) as a RB/FB, this would be one of the best picks in the draft. He could dominate the league if he can improve his blocking.

6b. Batabunde Oshinowo - A+ - He was the biggest slipping NT, and Phil Savage recognized that and picked him up. Oshinowo is a guy who has great character, and only recognized weakness is his pass-rushing: which, as a NT, he shouldn't need to do, and Wimbley will be able to get enough sacks to compensate. Oshinowo is the biggest body second only to Ngata, who takes plays off. Besides, the Browns picked up Oshinowo 5 rounds later than the Ravens did Ngata, and the two are very similar players. If he can develop into the two-gap NT he promises to be, this could be the steal of the draft.

7. Justin Hamilton - C+ - This pick could have gotten a much higher ranking from me if the players who were on the board, well, weren't. We passed up Rodrique Wright, who could develop into a very special player in a spot where the Browns need him to, and many other players who are probably better than Hamilton. However, Hamilton might be one of the most versatile players in the draft. He can play safety, his listed position, the best, but also adequately can cover a linebacking spot, cornerback, and possibly even DE. If Hamilton proves to have any talent at his multiple slots, he could be the hands-down most productive defensive Browns in a couple of years.

Overall Browns draft - B

Props to Beef80 on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: