Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Grades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TITANS-A-

1st Round- Vince Young
We all knew that it was either Vince or Matt and I think that Vince was the right decision. I think that he will reach his potential because Norm Chow will spend a lot of time on him and polish him to be Steve McNair's successor.

2nd Round-LenDale White
While RB was not a big need at all for the Titans, when can picking a big, strong back ever hurt? He should make a very good impact on the Titans.
He is also reunited with old USC OC Norm Chow, and I'm sure that they are both happy about this situation.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
K-4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers get an -A/B+

Everyone they have drafted this year has potential to be a starter on day one and the only hole left unfilled is SS, and with the 7th pick in the first I'm sure Ko Simpson or Darnell Bing Will be the pick.

We've got some players for the future.

Quote:
I'm mowed some grass today. I'll admit, I did it for the media attention.
hollywood14

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give the Pats around a B+, getting Maroney and Jackson in one draft is nuts, and then throw in Tom Brady and Deion Branch.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
nyg21nyg72

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants Grade - D

I dont even know what to say about their first round. Trading down when they could have got either Holmes or Jackson in the first round. I really think they didnt even get enough for that trade the Steelers 3 and 4 was pretty much a 4 and 5 anyways. Then at pick 32 to pass on Jackson again along with others like Winston Justice or Jimmy Williams, two guys i think they really could have used, to get a DE Kiwanuka. I cant believe it.
Getting Sinorice at least salvaged a little bit of the draft for the Gmen.
Not very impressed with their 3rd rounder either, i really think they should have went DT there. Overall I felt it was a really bad day for the Gmen.
Eagle_scout94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles A+. We got our top pick at DT in Bunkley, AND we got the second best OT in Justice. Two days ago people were talking about us having to trade up in the 1st to get either one of these players, and now we have BOTH!

"No player in Boston sports history has sent home this many people with electrifying moments of greatness." - Dan Shaunghnessy on David Ortiz
Mr. X

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think only three teams deserve an A

Houston taking 2 amazing defenders in williams and ryans, and helping that o-line with Spencer (one of my personal favorite) and Wintson

Tennessee taking two of the most dominant offensive weapons Young and White

and The Ravens, Yes the Ravens- first the got Ngata in the first and he was the best at DT and our biggest need. Then in round two we traded down to later in the round to get a third round pick and took Chris Chester who can play any o-line possition, and then with that 3rd round pick, we filled our other biggest need, CB, with David Pittman who is an amazing coverage CB.
bpinsky33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs

Hali-B- Could be a great pick, could have traded down and still gotten him. Pass rush was a major need and Hali will help that.

Pollard-C- We need a S, but I don't think he was the best on the board. Although I have faith that Herm knows how to evaluate DB's

Croyle-A- We need a QB for the Future. Croyle has the tools to be a great NFL QB hopefully he can learn behind Trent for 2-3 year, then he can become a star.

Overall-B
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. X wrote:
I think only three teams deserve an A

Houston taking 2 amazing defenders in williams and ryans, and helping that o-line with Spencer (one of my personal favorite) and Wintson

Tennessee taking two of the most dominant offensive weapons Young and White

and The Ravens, Yes the Ravens- first the got Ngata in the first and he was the best at DT and our biggest need. Then in round two we traded down to later in the round to get a third round pick and took Chris Chester who can play any o-line possition, and then with that 3rd round pick, we filled our other biggest need, CB, with David Pittman who is an amazing coverage CB.
CB as the Ravens biggest need (Rolle and McAlister). Yes they need depth but atleast they have starters, unlike S

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles - A

Broderick Bunkley - Steal at 14

Winston Justice - Steal of the draft at 39

Chris Gocong - Only questionable pick, but after doing some research he sounds like a great player. He's a legend in NCAA 1-AA football.

The Eagles top 3 list for the 14th pick was

1. Broderick Bunkley
2. Haloti Ngata
3. Winston Justice

We came away with 2 of our top 3, and all we had to do was give up a 4th round pick. Amazing job by the Eagles FO.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
AFD1717

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texans are doing things right. A+

Mario Williams - the question that had to be answered was "Is Reggie Bush such a phenomenal talent that you should take him regardless of the needs of your team. Conventional wisdom said yes. Kubiak said no. We'll see who's right.

DeMeco Ryans - I was pissed when they didn't take Winston. Ryans helps the team most by being versatile. He'll play OLB while Wong recovers and will eventually be our MLB after he gains some weight.

Charles Spencer - I was pissed when they didn't take Winston. The only reason this guy wasn't a first rounder was because he hasn't played much o-line. He was a DT his first two years, then a G, then a T. He is very raw, but he's smart and a hardworker. I love this guy.

Eric Winston - I'm not pissed anymore. He is the perfect LT for our system. He is extremely athletic, tenacious and smart. Not to mention a native Texan. I can't wait to see how good Carr is now that he has quality recievers and will be vertical for more than 2 seconds.
[Shiver]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best draft;

Houston Texans A+
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles -- A+

14. Brodrick Bunkley - We got the best DT in the draft for our system, and we didn't have to move up. He is off the charts in both measurables and immeasurables. A sick athletic talent with a high motor and a mean streak.
39. Winston Justice - I would have been happy with him at 14. A crazy talent at OT, I have no idea how he fell this far.
71. Chris Gocong - Seems starnge at first, but it makes sense. He was dominant in Div II-A football, and has the athletic talent and size to be a force at SLB, a position of need.

I could not be any happier with our picks so far.
ILuvMyAints123

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
Eagles -- A+

14. Brodrick Bunkley - We got the best DT in the draft for our system, and we didn't have to move up. He is off the charts in both measurables and immeasurables. A sick athletic talent with a high motor and a mean streak.
39. Winston Justice - I would have been happy with him at 14. A crazy talent at OT, I have no idea how he fell this far.
71. Chris Gocong - Seems starnge at first, but it makes sense. He was dominant in Div II-A football, and has the athletic talent and size to be a force at SLB, a position of need.

I could not be any happier with our picks so far.

The Eagles have strung some good darfts together in a row I look for them to back to there old self TO less if a true #1 emerges during this year.

Shock #26 Awe #25
Pick-The-Winner Contest Total: 620
The Gnat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings: B

Greenway: A
Griffin: B
Cook: C/C+
Jackson: B

note: To see my full thoughts go to the Vikings Draft thread in the forum stickied at the top of the page.

RavensWin520

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot give the Texans an A because they passed on Bush and Justice. B= though because Mario is great, Ryans is a leader, and they got two good offensive line prospects.

I hate the Eagles, but they had an amazing draft. I would have taken Bunkley and Justice with the #13 pick. Then they got Chris Gocong who is very good, I know the Ravens loved him and were very interested.

Also, the Titans had a great draft. Young and White. I honestly cannot believe so many people passed on White, it was a joke. He did NOT fail his drug test, and he drops due to an injury? Look at his game tape, he is the 2nd best RB in the class and will have a great career. Young will be great, I love how many haters he has though.

Packers also had a great draft. Very young, very good (if the rookies translate) LB core. They got Jennings who is very underated, he is going to be good.

Everyone knows the Cardinals had a great one. Leinart is perfect for them, and it will benefit him in the longrun (both production wise and financially)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: