You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would the lions take in this sitution

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mel_Kiper_JR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Who would the lions take in this sitution Reply with quote

Who would you guys, lion fans want drafted in this situation

1.Texans Reggie Bush
2. Saints Dbrick Ferg
3. Titans Matt Leinart
4. Jets Mario Williams
5. Packers A.J Hawk
6. 49ers Vernon Davis
7. Raiders Mike Huff
8. Bills Brodrick Bunkly
9. Eagles Winston Justice (traded of the lions for 1st rounder 2 and 4th)
10 Cards Ernie Sims
11 Rams Vince Young
12 Browns Haloti Ngata
13 Cowboys Jay Cutler (vikings were getting him)
14 Lions?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure what I would want us to do. I'd probably try to trade back one more time and try to land a guy like Cromartie, Tye Hill, or Jimmy williams. Possibly Chad Greenway because he fits into our scheme. Maybe we would target an offensive linemen to try to improve our run game that lacked production because of a weak line.
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Jimmy Williams as the BPA.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
I'm not really sure what I would want us to do. I'd probably try to trade back one more time and try to land a guy like Cromartie, Tye Hill, or Jimmy williams. Possibly Chad Greenway because he fits into our scheme. Maybe we would target an offensive linemen to try to improve our run game that lacked production because of a weak line.

I'd agree.

Trading down to the early 20's (if another team is interested) could land us another first day pick. We could go for picks along the line (offense and defense) or secondary (corner/safety). By my trade totals we'd have 1 first, 2 second, 2 3rd (?), and two 4th. With this deep a draft, we could land some solid players with starter potential. Maybe not impact players, but who knows? Sometimes you get lucky. I say the more picks in this draft, the better.
qball8001

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simms. He is going to be really good in this league.
FoolishGil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean ernie sims, who was picked by the cardinals
mattmc20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diezjabronie wrote:

We WONT be taking Jimmy Williams, I can gurantee you that. I know you may have him as BPA, but Ron has already said he WILL take the best person avaliable. He is under the philosophy that you want to get the guys who have good talent, but have the best attitude and are willing to work the hardest. After all, look how drafted the most talented player has worked up thus far for us. I like this approach. Need more evidence, look at Scotty Vines. I think if given the chance he could be a solid number 2 guy in this league. He was an undrafted FA, and yet his work ethic got him a shot with the team. I would love more guys like him. Forget Jimmy Williams and his cocky, self-centered attitude.
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmc20 wrote:
diezjabronie wrote:

We WONT be taking Jimmy Williams, I can gurantee you that. I know you may have him as BPA, but Ron has already said he WILL take the best person avaliable. He is under the philosophy that you want to get the guys who have good talent, but have the best attitude and are willing to work the hardest. After all, look how drafted the most talented player has worked up thus far for us. I like this approach. Need more evidence, look at Scotty Vines. I think if given the chance he could be a solid number 2 guy in this league. He was an undrafted FA, and yet his work ethic got him a shot with the team. I would love more guys like him. Forget Jimmy Williams and his cocky, self-centered attitude.

You cannot guarantee anything sir. This is the Lions we are talking about and unless your last name is Ford you can only speculate. Sorry if this comes across as rough but none of us can guarantee these sort of things. Thats what makes it so fun to talk about, the possibilities!
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmc20 wrote:
diezjabronie wrote:

I don't ever recall saying that we would be taking Jimmy Williams. I just said I have him as the BPA at that pick. Please don't ever put words into my mouth.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Who would the lions take in this sitution Reply with quote

Mel_Kiper_JR wrote:

1.Texans Reggie Bush
2. Saints Dbrick Ferg
3. Titans Matt Leinart
4. Jets Mario Williams
5. Packers A.J Hawk
6. 49ers Vernon Davis
7. Raiders Mike Huff
8. Bills Brodrick Bunkly
10 Cards Ernie Sims
11 Rams Vince Young
12 Browns Haloti Ngata
14 Lions?

I would think it would be between Greenway ,Williams and Hill.My choice would be Greenway if we kept the pick.
osiris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Jimmy Williams. I can't think of a player in the NFL besides Terrell Owens that being cocky has been a major issue. I'm more concerned about how a guy plays. I haven't heard of any character issues with him, other than that he's cocky. So is Fred Smoot, Shawn Alexander, Deion Sanders, and others, and there haven't been issues with them. He's good. Take him.
nb5005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Who would the lions take in this sitution Reply with quote

Ice wrote:
Mel_Kiper_JR wrote:

1.Texans Reggie Bush
2. Saints Dbrick Ferg
3. Titans Matt Leinart
4. Jets Mario Williams
5. Packers A.J Hawk
6. 49ers Vernon Davis
7. Raiders Mike Huff
8. Bills Brodrick Bunkly
10 Cards Ernie Sims
11 Rams Vince Young
12 Browns Haloti Ngata
14 Lions?

I would think it would be between Greenway ,Williams and Hill.My choice would be Greenway if we kept the pick.

I would to look at Ngata and Justice as the first two choices. I would definetly look at Greenway but the guy who has been souring up the draft chart is Cromartie who is a great player just was injury plagued.
DetroitLionsGM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really think being cocky and having minor off field issues is a big deal. i think most of the best players in the NFL are cocky guys. We even got our share on the Lions, the likes of Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, and even our top corner, Dre' Bly are very cocky guys, but they produce more then others. I dont see a reason why i would question Jimmy Williams work ethic or passion for the game. Kevin Jones is one of, if not the cockiest player on the Lions, and he works hard, if not the hardest in-game and in practice. so you gotta go with Jimmy there and put him at FS baby.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: