Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you get mad if we draft Benson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thurman won't last to our 3rd round pick. Morrison has upside, but I don't think he'll be as good McCune coming out. In a few years Morrison may be better so I can understand your argument there.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kassell will be the starter with Calmus providing depth.
Burton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calmus is better, but he's hurt all the time, Kassel is solid we can let him start without worrying, our secondary is what needs attention.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kassal starts a few games I'd have no problem with it, but I don't believe he's starter quality. Don't get me wrong, he's a solid player it's just that there are people we could get who are more qualified to do the job.

titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care if Gary Anderson played MLB for us. Our MLB is not an issue to tell you the truth. MLB dont have big impacts on our D.

bulluckthebeast who are u leanin toward for our first pick now?
i dont think it will be Mike Williams just because we already have our 2 starters and all we need is depth. Do u think it will be Rolle since in 2001 youve seen what happened when our secondary got hurt and Woolfolk and Beckham have sustained injuries in every year that they have played.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLB is not a huge issue for us, but we still need one whose more than a special teamer.

As far as the draft goes I still haven't decided. If we stay where we're at then Benson, Brown, Cadillac, Williams, or DJ. If we trade down, which is looking more and more likely, either Barron, Rolle, C. Rogers, T. Davis, or a DE.

M. Williams would be great to have, but I'm not sure a WR is worth a top ten pick unless they are going to have a hall of fame career, which Williams could have. He would also be a luxury because we basically have our #3 Wr with Troupe. We do need to pick a reciever in the first three rounds, but that reciever doesn't have to be great coming out. We have time to polish him up a bit.
DJ would make our LB corp unstoppable, but as you said will Reese want to pay that type of money to someone who may sit out a year or two?
Benson will be a great player, but he's not a real need unless our only goal is to beat the Colts or we're afraid of Brown's injury problems. Just like DJ and Williams, Benson is a luxury.

The most logical thing to do is trade out with Washington, San Diego, Minnesota , or Arizona. I prefer that we trade with Arizona or the Chargers because Arizona would give us a high 2 and the Chargers would give us a late 1. If we trade with the Cardinals then I think Barron is out of the question because he's a reach. That then leaves us with Rolle, Rogers, or a DE. I think Rolle is the logical choice here. On the other hand, If we trade with the Chargers to 12 then that's a perfect opporatunity to take Barron, as long as he hasn't already be snatched up. If Barron is already taken then that means we could take Davis or force the Texans to trade up to get Davis. Well now I'm just rambling, but you get my drift.
The player that would make the most sense for us to take in the 1st is Barron, but is he worth the 6th pick? In my opinion the answer is no, but maybe our scouts think differently.

Also I think our secondary will be a little better than people think. Yes, it will still be a problem, but Woolfolk and Beckham can probably hold their own against team #1's. That is as long as we play a lot of zone coverage. Waddel also impressed me last year. He did get burned a lot, but his athletic ability will keep him in games. I'm still not sure we need to take a CB in round 1. That's why I think if we draft Rolle we'll try him out at S, and if he doesn't do well at that then we've still got a stud CB.

p.s. Sorry for making you read through all this.

titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with what you said. I think we'll trade down, cuz i think there will be DJ, a RB and a WR still on the board. I either think Ronnie Brown will actually slide because there is a reason why Caddy started over him. I think the Vikes, Cards, Redskins, and San Diego are all possibilities. I think the Cards would be best to trade with since Rolle and Barron will be there(maybe if the bucs or chicago doesnt pick him).

Trade down i think its Roll or Barron.
If we stay its Mike Williams or Benson( if hes there)

I think Barron would be the safest choice since WR and CB are very deep this year. And LT is important for our future with Hopkins getting older(34).
And we have no healthy RT now.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing about Barron is he played both LT and RT for FSU because they base their line formations on strong side. If we draft him he could immediately start at RT and then when Hopkins retires, Barron could play LT and Bell could play RT. But i still think we should get Williams or Rolle.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont dont mind at all to get Mike Williams, Rolle, or Barron, ah what the hell even Braylon Edwards.... But i think the smart move will be Barron. It would be the safest pick. Any WR is a risk. So is CB. Look at Jammer, Trufant, Newman. I thought Jammer would be so freakin awsome hes just not reaching his potential.
Well i think we'll trade down for sure so. And if we do Barron looks alot better. And Barron could learn under Hopkins and Munchak.
titans will return

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLB makes no difference???? Would the Ravens be the same w/o Ray Lewis no... and there are much more good to great Defenses that one of the best players is a mlb
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do u think we let go Godfrey? Because it was goin to be expensive to keep him for just 1st down. Our MLB just plays first down. Sirmon and Bulluck play the rest, Sirmon calls the plays.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: