You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How would you guys feel about Ngata or bunk?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazkal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: How would you guys feel about Ngata or bunk? Reply with quote

I know DT isen't really a need but one of these guys paired with shaun rodgers would be second best DT tandem after the jags :O if all goes well
c-rog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate that. We have 2 good tackles now and a pretty good backup in cody that has alot of potential.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that both of these guys are said to be the best DT's in the draft, but if we take either one of them in the first round i'd be pretty disapointed. I dont feel that we need a DT. It sure would be nice to take one of them to pair them up with rogers, but we took cody last year, and he has played well. We have a lot of holes to fill. We cant address our holes if we look to take a defensive linmen when you could argue that that is our strongest position.
Ice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have a huge problem with it IF the other impact defensive guys (Hawk,Huff ,Mario) are gone. I think Bunkley is a better fit for cover 2 even if #9 is a little high imo to draft him. Ngata would help with run defense and collapsing the pocket.
Idi Amin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love for us to take Ngata, but have little interest in Bunkley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Ngata may have more talent, he is definetly a 3-4 DT, he is a nose tackle, not one for a cover 2 4-3. If we were to take one i would rather have Bunkley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if both Hawk and Huff are gone and we can not trade down Then most likely it will be Bunkley if we do trade down then I think the target is Ernie Sims. Bunkley is a better fit for our style of defence then Ngata. As for who is more talented that is hard to say, I would not be able to say that Bunkley is better or worse then Ngata, they are both very good.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: