Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

trade down?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lowe_51

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: trade down? Reply with quote

what about a trade down out of the 12 spot?
i'm thinking if the eagles see something they like at 12, it would be a nice swap to get their #31 at the end of the first round and they also have an early second rounder, #35 i think. there are a lot of guys who would fill holes nicely that are likely to fall into the 25-40 range. guys like pool, browner, f. washington, bullocks, barnes, terry, s. cody, e. brown, baas, burnett, blackstock, ware, tuck, m. clayton, r. white, c. henry...you get the idea. with these 2 in a trade and the 28 pick, you get 3 guys like this...not a bad start to your draft.
also, anyone hear how chris canty checked out physically? he's a guy i would love to see at DE opposite olshansky for the next 8-10 years. played 3-4 DE in college and made an amazingly high number of tackles there.
boltfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is your trade proposal? Our #12 for the eagles #31 and #35? If so I think there are better deals out there than that. The #12 could prove to be very valuable, if one the 3 RBs slip or one of the 2 QBs slip, then we are right there to make a deal. I think AJ will listen to everything!
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trading down would be a great idea. We could get with our 2 late first and seconds a quality o-lineman/de/roddy whitee/brodney pool/kirk morrison/jerome mathis or roscoe parrish. I think four of either of those guys would be great.
raiderhater619

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a great idea, If I were Aj I would try to stockpile as many draft picks as I could, if we could strengthin the depth on this team with good young players from the Late first round to the early second round, that would be great because depth is what will help us the most next year.
superchargers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Charger-Man. If we do the trade with Philly for #31 and #35 we could possibly come out with a draft that looks like this:

#28..Pool
#31..Blackstock
#35..Mathis
#61..Canty

I think that would be great. Depth is key.

I also wouldn't mind getting first round picks in 2006. Mark my words..that draft will put this one to shame.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: