Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FA possibilities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCCHIEFS_58

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: FA possibilities Reply with quote

Carlos Hall DE from Tenn

Keith Adams LB Phily. I would like to se them get him. Philly wont pay much to keep a Back up. This guy could step in this Defense and Start. For a rather cheap price.

Trade talks are back on for Patrick Surtain. If Surtain could just restructure his contract this will happen. I would absolutely love this trade.

I like this line up.

DE. Allen
DT saivii
DT Sims
DE Hicks
OLB Barber
MLB Bell
OLB Adams
CB Warfield
SS Woods
FS Knight
CB Surtain

This D has potential.

Rumor. Ed Hartwell has limited his optios down to 3 teams. Minn, ariz, and KC

I would like to See KC get him and move Bell out to tghe OLB, but i think we need a CB first and the money situation might not be right.

But i do remember that Hartwell's agent said that he had the best offer so far from the Chiefs and t hey should get the deal done. But he declined it to shop the market. Maybe he will come back and sign after all
DomDavis37

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only trouble you have is that KC made Hartwell that offer before signing Bell. You no longer have the cap room to get Hartwell.
kyanho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, Barber isn't going to be playing.

Secondly, concerning Hartwell it's between KC and Atlanta. And I'll put my money on Atlanta.
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think landing Surtain should become a priority, as there is no other sure thing corner left. I hate the possibility of only picking once on day one, but I hate the idea of our secondary getting torched more.

I think we'd need three more free agents to really be able to move on. I think if we signed Keith Adams, that would give us another linebacker to compete for a starting job with Mitchell. We'd have to wager that competition would bring out the best in both of them. Then we'd sign Carlos Hall to provide quality depth at DE, with Jay Williams on deck if the Titans were to match. Finally, sign Kevin Johnson to replace Morton as a starting WR. He would find success in our system. This Alex Bannister WR might be a good pick up in case Boerighter is not able to come back from the knee injury.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mentioned Carlos Hall in a prev post. we should get him !! now taking into consideratin the signing of knight and bell. i think we should sign hartwell and trade for surtain. of course most of us feel this Shocked hehe. if only we all could GM the Chiefs ! Very Happy n e way ... Surtain as has been said is the best CB avail without all the damn ???? of Law. a plus to Surtain is

a. is used to plyaing the right side (warfield plays left)
b. has a working relationship already with knight !

these two factors make this deal so good for us. if surtain and hartwell are brought in ....

.....that will mean only one day one pick ! i think here is where the chiefs need to sell out a lil bit ! they need to either

a. take the guy they want regardless of value @ 15 .. if it's too early for whomever .. who gives a damn .. he's what we want .. get him ! i never understand why a team . . whom covets a certain player. . wont take him based off 'draft grade' that says "naw . . it's too early .. we'll get him later"

or option

b. sell out and overpay to make the deal with philly - drop to 31 and get phillys second (their actual pick) for our #15 and a 4th and our 3rd next year. that should be a sweet enough deal to get philly to play. that would get us back to day one linebackers that might be late 2nd or 3rd picks. i would then take (hopefully if avail) mcfadden at the 31 pick and fast linebacker to compete outside for Barbers job.

if we were lucky enough to get a 3rd for compensation for tait .. i would get another corner there or a wr.

but i think thats all dreamz ! i'm just hoping for surtain at this point... and hartwell
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
viks_fan21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't tate a bear now?
sox2004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure what the debate is,surtain is a top corner,and he is a shut down corner,wich are few and far between,do you think your gonna find a player in this weak draft as dominant as surtain...you will be lucky if a first rounder turns out as good,and you would have to withstand the growing pains of the nfl,surtain you just plug in,miami coverage was probally the most demanding i n the nfl,so in kc system,he will probaly be better than ever,he is 28..whats the problem,id send the 2nd round pick in a second Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: