Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Crazy trades like last year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knights Templar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Crazy trades like last year? Reply with quote

Anyone predict the Bengals will trade down for more picks like last year? What else besides the 32nd pick can the Pats offer you for the 18th overall? How about a 5th and 6th from this year and next year's 3rd?[/img][/code]
Cincinnati Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take that move but if I were the Bengals, I would look for something more like last year where we got better than a 5th rounder.
Bengals trade 17th overall to Pats for 32nd overall and a 3rd or 4th and a 5th in 2006. Who do you want at 17 so badly?

"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." -ERIC CANTONA
Cincinnati Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take that move but if I were the Bengals, I would look for something more like last year where we got better than a 5th rounder. This draft is pretty much guess work after the 10th pick so this is the year to move down to 32. How about this: Bengals trade 17th overall to Pats for 32nd overall and a 3rd or 4th AND a 5th in 2006. Who do you want at 17 so badly?

"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." -ERIC CANTONA
Knights Templar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping the Pats traded up to get Pollack or Crowder. He'll be gone by 32 and I thought you guys might be a willing team to trade with. What was your trade like last year?
Cincinnati Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We moved our first pick down twice last year because of the draft's depth. First from 17 to 24 with Denver. That deal was as follows:

Bengals 17th overall to Denver for 24th overall, 4th(pick 117) and Deltha O'Neal. (the broncos just wanted to unload O'Neal)

The second deal was with the Rams moving from 24 to 26:

Bengals 24th for Rams 26 and an additional 4th rounder (pick 123)

The picks were Stacey Andrews (more potential than anyone can imagine but only played 77 downs in college) and Robert Geathers who is a solid DE.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvin work something draft day or earlier. Pretty exciting to think about.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have Channing Crowder than an extra 4th round pick. 3rd maybe, but I wouldn't trade back more than 7-8 picks in the first. If Derrick Johnson is somehow still there at 10 I think we should pull the trigger to move up.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say trade peter warrick to move up and get S Thomas Davis or an impact player? (im saying this because peter warrick has already said he dosnt want to be third string or else he said he aint playing or wants to be traded)
skopi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, there is about a 50% chance Thomas Davis will be there at 17.

Kiper and Scouts Inc have him going at 24. Ourlads has him at 18. A couple of CBS Sportsline writers have him out of the first as does Fox Sports/Sporting News.

Of course, mock drafts are never completely accurate and everything, but it at least indicates that the opinion of him is not as clear as it was earlier.

The switch to the 3-4 for some teams will likely cause him to drop, actually. A bunch of teams want to pick a big DE or pass rushers that be moved to OLB. This likely means a run on those kind of players as teams make some reaches. Should allow some quality to drop to us at 17.

sko
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO BENGALS!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: