Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Angelo's selection of Lovie Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well potentia_ceteri, I think the only thing I agreed with was that Grr outsmarts Purdueman on every point. After thatÖ

WR = catch + block? This is the worst job description of a WR Iíve ever heard. What about running clean routes, creating separation, running after the catch? Youíve made it sound pretty easy to be a WR.

Iím not sure how the talent at WR is deeper than RB. Both positions are pretty deep.

Smith over Miller as the top TE? You seem to be disagreeing with every ranking Iíve seen this year. Thatís cool, though, ďtheyĒ arenít always right.

Purdueman: How many times are you going to compare this years RB prospects or Thomas Jones to Payton? Stop it. Please.
purdueman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bringbackditka"]Well potentia_ceteri, I think the only thing I agreed with was that Grr outsmarts Purdueman on every point. After thatÖ

WR = catch + block? This is the worst job description of a WR Iíve ever heard. What about running clean routes, creating separation, running after the catch? Youíve made it sound pretty easy to be a WR.

Iím not sure how the talent at WR is deeper than RB. Both positions are pretty deep.

Smith over Miller as the top TE? You seem to be disagreeing with every ranking Iíve seen this year. Thatís cool, though, ďtheyĒ arenít always right.

Purdueman: How many times are you going to compare this years RB prospects or Thomas Jones to Payton? Stop it. Please.[/quote]
If you think that ANYONE on this board outsmarts me, it's only because their opinions more closely alligned with yours, which would make you a loser for making such a post in the first place.

Rather than take sides and pick the one that placates your ego (and opinions), and makes you feel good, why not jump into the fray and post an original thought or two?

And I've NEVER compared Jones to Payton; Jones is just a slightly above average guy. If you bothered to actually read what I've posted, all that I've stated is that Benson and/or Brown have the potential to be all time great backs, whereas I don't see the same potential for greatness in either Williams or Edwards at wide receiver.

IMHO, Williams is the next David Terrell but without the bravado, self serving attitude. Out!
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's pretty arrogant. I guess you're the smartest poster around.

I'm glad to see you're above things like name calling. If you can't have someone disagree with you maybe you should type more carefully.

I've read way too many of your posts, including comments on how these rookies will make people forget about Payton. I'll find it if you make me.
Bear_Down_CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remeber how good the Chargers were with the best back in the league and no passing game? Do we want a 1300 yard guy and a top 5 draft pick again next year?
purdueman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bringbackditka"]Wow that's pretty arrogant. I guess you're the smartest poster around.

I'm glad to see you're above things like name calling. If you can't have someone disagree with you maybe you should type more carefully.

I've read way too many of your posts, including comments on how these rookies will make people forget about Payton. I'll find it if you make me.[/quote]
Not trying to be arrogant, bringbackditka; I just think that it's total bullshi& when someone bandwaggons on and in essence puts me down by saying someone else has "won an argument" simply because they happen to agree with someone other than me.

Truth is, is we were all so damn smart at picking draft choices, we'd all be very successful NFL GM's, right? Wink

All I've said with respect to Payton and Sanders is that as long as there has been, and will be, an NFL, there will be great backs that emerge coming out of college. Any disagreement with that?

My only point is that IF (and I'm not an NFL scout), we passed on all three of the projected top 10 pick running backs to "settle" for either williams or edwards and our pick didn't pan out while one or more of these three went on to become all time greats, we'd all be crying in our beer.

Hopefully Angelo though will stay true to his word and pick the best offensive skill player on the board as rated by Bear scouts and pick a winner, regardless of position!
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, man, I simply could not agree with your points on this thread. Because I wasn't the first person to post my disagreement doesn't make a bandwagon. If I could be the first person to share an opinion every time, I guess I would never bandwagon. What I did was agree with an idea, and disagree with another. I simply wasn't first. There may be no way to avoid that in the future. If you think that makes me a loser or that what I think is [inappropriate/removed], then I think the problem lies with you.

The idea of winning an argument lies with the rationale behind opinions. Don't take this personally, but your comments about eight men in the box defy the conventional wisdom of football. There were plenty of folks quick to disagree (before me). That's why I said he won the argument.

In response to your question, yes, there will be great backs that emerge from college. Go look at the Cedric Benson thread for your comments about Payton. I think it's terrible to think that any Bear fan would forget Payton. Furthermore, I think we could all do without all the overstatements of how good these rookies will be. I know som erookies will be good, but none will make anyone forget Payton, no matter how good.

I'm not here to show that I could be a GM. I don't want that job. I come here to learn about Bears news and other NFL commentary.

I think your point is true for any pick in any draft. Look at the pick of Sam Bowie (is that who it was?) before Jordan in the NBA. Look how happy the Colts are with Manning and how unhappy the Bolts were with Leaf. Any team that misses badly in a draft cries in their beer about it. In 98 we took Enis (please stop calling him Penis - not that funny) instead of Fred Taylor (and many other stars). So we still do this a lot. I also agree with this statement.

Dude, I really don't want to continue arguing with you about this. But I will not just agree forever or ignore things when I don't agree. So if any poster writes something that I think earns a response, whether it's positive or negative, I just might type it. Everyone is allowed to agree or disagree, and everyone that types or reads is just going to have to put up with it. I'm just typing what I have to type, just like you do. So don't hate, man. I don't either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: