Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marurice Clarett late

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Marurice Clarett late Reply with quote

If this guy is available in the sixth or seventh round we have to take him. Now, before you blast me listen. Anyone who saw the Washington State game where he ran for about a million yards could see that this guy is special. And remember when Krenzel threw the pick in the Rose Bowl to I think Shawn Taylor or Antrel Rolle, and Clarett stripped it and got the ball right back for Ohio State (Clarett had two touchdowns in that game too). The player in those rounds probably won't last anyway so why not take a shot in the dark.
delakev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't necessarily have a problem on using a 6th-7th on him because his contract will make him expendable if he does not perform in year one. I think that the Bears will address their RB need before the 6th or 7th.

Thanks so much Scar!!
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me, I'll pass.
This guy has been nothing but a complete loser every step of his journy to the NFL, if he were to make it big like we want all of draft picks to do could you imagine the headache this guy could be, could you imagine come contract time how much he would want and how he would want to set the market like all other high profile cancers do?
Either way the Bears could lose if we draft him, we have a nice good group of guys that have morals, sometimes I think we could use a outspoken leader but not a big that sets a bad example for a whole team of quiet guys ( See Randy Moss ).

PS. I never hated the Viqueens till Moss got there, I disliked them but never hated, now I cant stand anyone on their team, even the players with good attitudes, do you want that for our Bears?
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But at the combine he was seemingly a changed man, and of course he was frustrated that he ran such a bad time in the forty after working so hard to get back. I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy I just think in the right environment he would be great. If he runs a better time at a private workout I say give him a shot.
delakev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemingly is the key word. I did not buy into any of the garbage that he was humbled, but I do believe if anything could humble the guy it would be going in the 7th round or undrafted. And as far as concerns go with respect to him trying to set the market like the rest of the cancers... when has a 7th round pick ever done so? I agree, I w/ Waltersfan in that I don't want him on my team, as far as value goes, he might be worth more than the 7th round pick we would use on him however.

Thanks so much Scar!!
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as pure talent yes he is worth far more then a 7th, maybe even a 3rd of his talent alone.
I just think if you factor everything else in he is one big problem waiting to happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: