Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Steeler Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: My Steeler Draft Reply with quote

I am not sure about trade values and what round alot of players are going to go in. If I have people going way later than they will correct me and give me replacements that you like. This is more of my wish list than what I think will happen.

Trade 1st rounder and Mike Logan to Philly for two 2nd rounders.(Not sure if this is possible)

2(a). Daryl Blackstock OLB-UVA
2(b).Matt Jones WR-Arkansas
2(c).Chris Canty DE-UVA
3.Marion Barber III RB-Minnesota
4. Ron Bartell Jr. CB/FS-Howard
5.Larry Brackins WR-Pearle River
6(a). Anthony Alabi OT-TCU
6(b). (Todd Fordham trade) Cedrick Johnson OG-Clemson
7. Joel Dreessen TE-Colorado St.

I like Brackins but if we get Matt Jones there is no point in drafting him. Tell me what you think and I know some of these are a stretch.

I am not just picking Blackstock because Big7BenROY likes him. We need depth at LB and Harrison will move inside. I do not like the Foote signing because I think Harrison is just as good for sheaper and it would allow us to go after a guy like Blackstock.

I also like Derek Wake OLB from Penn St. as a late round pick up for depth.

Last edited by MoMoney717 on Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way that trade with the Philadelphia Eagles works is if the Steelers send over either their 2nd round pick this year or say a 3rd & 5th next year. That's probably the only way it happens.

But I like the idea of who the Steelers pick with their three 2nd Round picks. However, with their 3rd Round pick, I would love for them to go after Brandon Jacobs (CB - Southern Illinois). Joel Dreesen will not fall that far either. He's going to be a late-3rd to late-4th Round pick.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouuldnt mind sending a 3rd from next year since we will probably recieve pretty good compensation for Plax and Kendrell Bell.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, I do like your thinking on that one.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. But I also have been thinking instead of Trading for 2 2nd rounders why not try to get some picks for next year and persue a guy like Ahmad Brooks? How high do you think he will be going and would this be possible? Maybe a package with Foote or Haggans to a weak defensive team.(Dallas, Detroit...?)
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be possible. Perhaps trade #30 this year to say, Arizona for #44 and a 1st Round draft pick next year. Arizona will be good, maybe finish around 15 or so, and Ahmad Brooks should be right there for the picking. I say he's a Top 20 pick right now, but it depends upon injuries and performance this upcoming collegiate season. You don't want to package any ILBs from our team this year, unless it's on Draft Day next year (2006), that way you don't diminish your defense that much. Not a bad idea though man, I like it.
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would that trade be reasonable? or would we have to include another player. I like it and I think Brooks will be an amazing player especially in a Steeler uniform. If we have 2 2nd rounders this year I would go Canty and Matt Jones, and save the early lb pick for him next year.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a trade to the Oakland Raiders, such as... #30 for #38 & 1st Round pick next season. Then we can still get Blackstock. Imagine Blackstock & Brooks, now that's amazing. I'm hoping for a Blackstock & Matt Jones first couple picks this year.

as11osu wrote:
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackstock, Brooks, Canty at DE, and Farrior gives us alot of UVA guys. Then you add porter and harrison as a backup...I would feel bad for any offense lining up against us.
Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoMoney717 wrote:
Blackstock, Brooks, Canty at DE, and Farrior gives us alot of UVA guys. Then you add porter and harrison as a backup...I would feel bad for any offense lining up against us.

what happens if they come out with 4-5 WRs and toss the ball around like the Raiders or Pats a couple of years ago. I remember the Bengals as being the first to show us our inability to defend the pass and the Raiders and Pats took full advantage of it.

We were better last year but then Brady went nuts in the AFC Title game. He threw deep at will.

W.Williams, Colclough, Taylor and Townsend at CB....I'd rather more depth...Especially with Taylor and Colclough being unproven.
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that our secondary needs help. The lb talk is just dreaming at this point but I honestly dont think drafting a CB early will help us. We are set at the starters with Coke and Townsend and if we draft anyone they will be 3rd or 4th string with little chance of starting through next season. I think a good FS will help our secondary alot. I like Bartell Jr. in the 3rd or 4th. If we switch this guy over to FS he will add speed, and coverage to our secondary. Another guy i like is OJ Atogwe out of Stanford. The guy is a beast and a playmaker...He just needs to start being more aggresive on the field.
Canada

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with an aging W.Williams and Townsend not getting any younger I think the time is now to get another CB. Coke and Taylor MIGHT be fine....MIGHT.

Teams come out in 3-4-5 Receiver sets alot so having capable CB's is a must.
sali44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love to pick blackstock! he's an absolute stud backer....the only thing is, he wouldnt fall to our second round pick so we'd have to use it in the first for him...that could be a mistake cus we have more pressing needs at o-line and cb......all i know is, our second pick has got to be used for matt jones!!!! period....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: