Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ILB #1 draft need. Phifer cut, Bruschi out, Johnson aging.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which player would you take?
B.Ruud
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
O.Thurman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C.Crowder
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
R.McCune
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
L.Mitchell
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Other ILB
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Other Positional Need
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

rabbisson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Tuck-Blackstock-Ware-Boley in the 1st round, and Alfred Fincher in the 2nd, and Courtney roby or Darrent Williams in the 4th.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rblevens wrote:
7th round buddy. Add in the fact that he already knows the scheme and that is a logical pick for the LAST PICK IN THE DRAFT!

How many LSU games have you seen? Turner is a run stuffer. He is in the mold of TJ.

How about you read some of the other threads we have on this. Why reach for an ILB when you could draft an impact player? Ware-Tuck-Blackstock are all better than Ruud or any other ILB most ppl have us taking at 32(besides CC). Vrabel will be able to switch inside if that happens. Vrabel is definitely better than TJ. I believe we will sign Foreman or trade for J. Sharper. Any Q's? Until that happens I will have the Pats taking the BPA at 32.

ROLB - Vrabel/Colvin
RILB - Foreman-Sharper/TJ
LILB - Bruschi/Klecko
LOLB - Ware-Tuck-Blackstock/McGinest

I think that looks pretty good on paper. Your thoughts?

Iknow he was a great playmaker at LSU and so was T.Faulk where is he. Remember that TCU LB in last years draft that was great in colege that ran that slow and was undersized so he went undrafted. L.McDonald or something. He is just to slow he aint worth a 7th rounder and what if your OLBs are alreadt taken. Vrabel would be good at MLB so would the guys from the Texans but you haven't heard anything about them signing with the Pats except in these forums. Ruud is 2nd best ILB prospect to R.McCune, L.Mitchell ran 4.87s and C.Crowder is too raw and may even be gone by that pick, O.Thurman is another good pick.what if they don't move Vrabel or put Klecko at LB again, nor sign either Texan and Bruschi may not be able to return than what is your answer?
rblevens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...this is getting repetitive

Lionel Turner is not undersized. His football speed is a hell of a lot better than his "40 time" and he already knows the scheme. Last year we drafted Christian Morton and he was one of the first Pats cut. lol

Tuck will most likely be gone by 32. Blackstock is my current pick for the Steelers. Ware has a chance of being gone by that pick also.

Crowder is the best ILB prospect, followed by Ruud. Thurman will not be a Pat due to his off the field probs. Mitchell fits our scheme the best out of all the LB's you named.

As far as you saying Crowder is raw...his two years on the field were tremendous...I would say if he is "raw", than we should trade up because of his giant upside. He will be the next Ray Lewis.

IMO, we should trade down into the second round with GB. Then we can get Ruud or another LB along with another position of need.

I just doubt that BB will reach for a player that will still be there about 15 picks later.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rblevens wrote:
...this is getting repetitive

Lionel Turner is not undersized. His football speed is a hell of a lot better than his "40 time" and he already knows the scheme. Last year we drafted Christian Morton and he was one of the first Pats cut. lol

Tuck will most likely be gone by 32. Blackstock is my current pick for the Steelers. Ware has a chance of being gone by that pick also.

Crowder is the best ILB prospect, followed by Ruud. Thurman will not be a Pat due to his off the field probs. Mitchell fits our scheme the best out of all the LB's you named.

As far as you saying Crowder is raw...his two years on the field were tremendous...I would say if he is "raw", than we should trade up because of his giant upside. He will be the next Ray Lewis.

IMO, we should trade down into the second round with GB. Then we can get Ruud or another LB along with another position of need.

I just doubt that BB will reach for a player that will still be there about 15 picks later.
Now I agree with that. Point taken.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: