Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Jones in the second

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Matt Jones in the second Reply with quote

Regardless of our first round pick, how about Matt Jones in the second? The guy is off the charts as far as measureables. We could try him out at wide receiver or even tight end. He will be a killer in the red zone either way. I know it's a risky pick, but by playing it safe the last couple of years we ended up with Colombo and Haynes. Lets go for it. High risk, high reward.
IlliniBears

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Matt Jones, I don't know about taking him in the second round though. I realize that if we didn't take him there than we won't get him b/c he will be picked up by our fourth rounder. If we do decide to trade down and get some extra picks than I am all for it. He is a great athelete and has the physical abilities to be a great NFL player. I don't know how strong the guy is, so TE could be scary for the guy. He would probably be a better WR given his speed.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has great hands, and we could split him out instead of keeping him in. I think he would be awsome at tight end as he could keep the safeties in the middle of the field, and we could get Berrian one on one on the outside.
DABEARS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but come on he was a qb last year do u think he has the size to block a 300 pound linemen or even a linebacker? sure hes fast but he has to be able to get off the line and make a block when we run it, as we will a lot this year.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones already ways 242, and could easily bulk up 15 pounds and be about the same weight as most of the tight ends in the league. Tight end would only be a last resort, as a wide receiver he would be awsome, and no one could match up with him on the outside. Or, put him in the slot and watch him eat linebackers and safeties for lunch. He proved he has the leaping ability (as a basketball player), and he's got the soft hands for it. Anyone that picks him up will easily get 6 or 7 touchdowns in his rookie year.
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a very scary pick but with his speed and all, but I still say no and Im not a GM being called an idiot a year later for taking him that early, with that being said there is no way Angelo takes him in the 2nd.

Teams like the Skins take players like him and spent wildly in FA and
never seem to reap any reward, we are really close to having a championship team here, we cant afford gambles.
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya put the man in the slot. He is faster than Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards he deserves a shot at WR.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think we should take a shot at him. Especially, if we trade down in the second and get another second or pick up an extra pick in the third or fourth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: