Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leader of the DJ fanclub
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duh bears!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#31=600
#35=550
#77=205
________

#3=1800
________

By the "value chart" we would need a second next year.
Philly would be a good trading partner because they have 2 thirds and 2 seconds and not too many holes to fill. They could get a stud runing back or reciever w/ #4.
duh bears!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i meant #4 = 1800 pts.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trade with Philly would be terrible for us, and that's why we haven't been winning for the last decade. We always make the safer cheaper moves, and we get good players, but no great ones. We are in a great position now with a lot of young talent and a high draft pick. Let's pick a great one to put us right in the hunt for the playoffs and beyond.
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but not w/DJ. I know, and I agree he would be a nice player to get, but we have bigger needs that we could get w/the #4 pick. DJ would be AWESOME if we absolutuly NEEDED an OLB, but we dont need a OLB that early. We need another WR 1st to compliment Moose, a RB also to back T. Jones up, and get a fresh set of legs in there every once in a while, and we need a starting OLB. I say #4 pick-WR, trade the 2nd rounder away for additionall picks and pick up an OLB w/the next pick, and a K with the pick after that, and a RB after that. Because this draft is so deep @ RB, we can afford to take one in the later rounds.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
duh bears!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where'sRaymont? wrote:
That trade with Philly would be terrible for us, and that's why we haven't been winning for the last decade. We always make the safer cheaper moves, and we get good players, but no great ones. We are in a great position now with a lot of young talent and a high draft pick. Let's pick a great one to put us right in the hunt for the playoffs and beyond.

Sooooo.......that's how New England did it huh? With high draft picks drafting great players........ooooooook!

That's why Cincy and Clev are so great taking all of those great players at the top. I think I understand now.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New England is an anomaly in our league right now. They have had such good continuity in their front office, and in their coaching. Plus, they have gotten very lucky as far as having a team of guys that will totally buy into their system. The fact is this is a league full of individuals, and most will not buy into that total team concept unfortunately. We have had no continuity with this team and we are on the brink of something good. Take the best player DJ IMO, and wreak some havok in the NFC. I'm sick of losing. IF we trade down, then we would be building more for the future, and Angelo will probably get fired if the season is like last years. Then, we would be back where we started as a new GM would want to come in and bring his own players. Trading down would be a huge mistake unless we can either get Dallas' or SD's first rounders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: