Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Little Something About Your Fellow Posters, Volume II
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: A Little Something About Your Fellow Posters, Volume II Reply with quote

Hey guys - with the draft coming up and the floods of new members that start patroling these parts around this time of year, GRR and I thought that restarting this thread might get people to look at it again. It's a nice way to get a little bit more personal with the other members of the forum. Nobody should feel obligated to contribute to the thread, but if you'd like to let your co-posters a little bit about yourself this thread is a good outlet for that. Feel free to write as much or as little as you'd like.

I'll start - my real name's Joe. I'm 27 and I've lived in the west suburbs most of my life with a 7-year stint in AZ in the middle centered around my college years at ASU. I've been a Bears fan my whole life and am also a HUGE Blackhawks and White Sox fan (not a Cubs hater - just prefer the Sox). Ironically, Steve Young, Mario Lemieux and Tony Gwynn are my favorite all-time football/hockey/baseball players and none of them ever played for my teams. I've been married over 4 years now and we have a son who is 10 months old and already runs the house lol. In the little free time I get these days I like to play softball, Xbox (getting a ps3 soon too), poker and, of course, come on FF!

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My real name is Tim and I will be 18 in June. I have lived in Darien my whole life and next year I plan on attending the University of Iowa pursuing a degree in journalism in hopes of one day becoming a sports writer for Chicago (maybe one day you guys will get the chance to scrutinize every word in my articles and/or blogs). I currently work as a Jimmy Johns employee and have been there for almost two years, it is easy work. I am a die hard fan of the Bears (obviously), Blackhawks, and Cubs. Much like AZ, I only hate the Sox for two weekends in June. I would love to say I'm a die hard Bulls fan, but it is just hard to really get into the NBA nowadays.

I don't know what else to say so I will just wrap it up at that.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Cali/ky/bears

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Byron. I'm From Sacramento, California I moved to Louisville, Kentucky to play baseball in college and i'm still here. I work as a registered nurse at the hospital. I'm 32 yrs old I've been a bears fan since 84. I like to watch old bears game like yesterday green bay and chicago 85. I don't remember alot of those games and as a matter of fact I only remember our losses in the playoffs to washington ( I think 87) and 49ers 88 nfc championship game. Alot of my memories of the bears are bad offenses and tough D. I liked players like head hunting Mark Carrier, Neal Anderson, Jim Harbaugh, Tom Waddle and Wilber Marshall. I don't know why I choose the bears as my team, I hate their colors, their philosophy towards offense Rashaan Salam, Anthoney Thomas and their choices in coaching. Growing up in Cali I seen alot of 49er games and raider games but for some reason the local channels showed alot of bears games. My favorite teams are the oakland A's, Sacramento Kings and of coarse the bears. I also love to gamble on 2k10 baseball if anybody is interested I'm not good yet but I plan on getting that million dollars for the perfect game.
mattsforte22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My real name is Matt (stupid play on words for my SN, oh well) I am 24 and currently reside in Streator, IL. I spent the last few years in Dekalb,IL studying @ NIU and after receiving my bachelors in English I had to move back home and enjoy the struggle to find a career.

I've loved the Bears for as long as I remember, my Dad sort of instilled my love for the Bears at a young age and I've been hooked ever since. I consider myself a Chicago sports nut. I love the Bulls and watched them when they were absolutely terrible. The Blackhawks and hockey are becoming a new favorite of mine, and disappointingly I love the Chicago Cubs as much as I do the Bears and it's heartbreak over and over again, but I love them.

In my spare time I enjoy reading sports novels, playing Xbox 360, and basically reading any and everything about sports online, and I absolutely LOVE the NFL draft.
BearHawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Mark and I live in Austin, Tx. Grew up in small town Iowa, went to the University of Iowa and ended up in Texas because of work. Been married 21 years. Am a die hard Bears, Twins and Celtics fan. I know, teams all over the place. Glad to be a part of the discussion.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali/ky/bears wrote:
My name is Byron. I'm From Sacramento, California I moved to Louisville, Kentucky to play baseball in college and i'm still here. I work as a registered nurse at the hospital. I'm 32 yrs old I've been a bears fan since 84. I like to watch old bears game like yesterday green bay and chicago 85. I don't remember alot of those games and as a matter of fact I only remember our losses in the playoffs to washington ( I think 87) and 49ers 88 nfc championship game. Alot of my memories of the bears are bad offenses and tough D. I liked players like head hunting Mark Carrier, Neal Anderson, Jim Harbaugh, Tom Waddle and Wilber Marshall. I don't know why I choose the bears as my team, I hate their colors, their philosophy towards offense Rashaan Salam, Anthoney Thomas and their choices in coaching. Growing up in Cali I seen alot of 49er games and raider games but for some reason the local channels showed alot of bears games. My favorite teams are the oakland A's, Sacramento Kings and of coarse the bears. I also love to gamble on 2k10 baseball if anybody is interested I'm not good yet but I plan on getting that million dollars for the perfect game.

Growing up in Northern CA in the 80's and you're NOT a 49ers fan? Wow. Nevertheless, Bears nation is glad to have you!

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Mike, am 22 from just outside Glasgow in Scotland and have lived here all my life, been a Bears fan since 2002 when I was watching TV late one night and seen a then young Brian Urlacher smashing through an OG and stuffing a RB for a loss, I was just amazed at the size and speed of the guy, then learned about the history and tradition of the Bears and stuck with them as my team, have been trying to get into other American sports, I have always liked basketball and am a Bulls fan, starting to understand ice hockey and I like the Blackhawks...hate Baseball lol. Iím a human resource manager for my uncles IT firm...must admit I actually enjoy my job unlike most lol. In my spare time I play rugby and just chilli out with my girl.
4DaBERS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, if you can figure out how to type with an accent, please do so. While I have no Scottish blood in me, I Love the Scottish dialect, but I also love the bagpipes, so there ya have it.

My real name is Jeff. I've been a Bear fan since the late 1960's (Butkus era). I grew up in a small town in Central Illinois, Served 10 years in the US Army and NG as a Helicopter Crew Chief, spent 17 years living in Springfield, before my wife and I bought some timber near the small town of Shelbyville. I've spent the better part of the last two years selectively clearing timber and performing "part" of the construction of our house, so I haven't been on here much in the last 2 years until recently (we finally finished). My wife and I run our own business out of our house after working most of our lives for others. I'm 46 with 2 GREAT teenage kids (boy and Girl). My wife of 20 years and I both went to U of I, although mine was at the Springfield campus.

I also post on another board that will remain nameless, but I am recently growing more fond of this one. Not as flashy, but better discussions.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Josh, 30 yo, from the Quad Cities originally, but have spent most of my life in Des Moines, IA. Just lost my job of 7 years thanks to the economy. I was born and bred a Cubs and Bears fan (for those who don't know the triple A Cubs team plays here in Des Moines) and of course as a kid I became a gigantic bulls fan and always rooted for the Hawks against the Wings. I'm also a converted Hawkeye fan (no affiliation to the school). I have an 11 yo daughter and my gf has twin 22 mo boys.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4DaBERS wrote:
Mike, if you can figure out how to type with an accent, please do so. While I have no Scottish blood in me, I Love the Scottish dialect, but I also love the bagpipes, so there ya have it.

My real name is Jeff. I've been a Bear fan since the late 1960's (Butkus era). I grew up in a small town in Central Illinois, Served 10 years in the US Army and NG as a Helicopter Crew Chief, spent 17 years living in Springfield, before my wife and I bought some timber near the small town of Shelbyville. I've spent the better part of the last two years selectively clearing timber and performing "part" of the construction of our house, so I haven't been on here much in the last 2 years until recently (we finally finished). My wife and I run our own business out of our house after working most of our lives for others. I'm 46 with 2 GREAT teenage kids (boy and Girl). My wife of 20 years and I both went to U of I, although mine was at the Springfield campus.

I also post on another board that will remain nameless, but I am recently growing more fond of this one. Not as flashy, but better discussions.

Leave the flashy stuff to those mesmerized by the twinkling lights on some of those other sites. Content is what we're all about around here!*

*This message was brought to you by footballsfuture.com, the best source for all things football

GRRLacher wrote:
BEARS24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, My name is Kevin, I'm 18 and I live in London but I am Irish...

I started watching football about 3 years ago because my friend brought a ball into school and it was really fun to play. I used to play for a team a couple of years ago (London Blitz) and I was a Running Back in a two back system, My mate provided the speed, I provided the power Very Happy

I decided to stop because I really want to coach instead of play, and this is why I began posting on these here forums (I used to have another sign in but it was deleted). You guys have provided me with the knowledge to understand the game of football on the field and off and that is why I want to thank you Smile My dream is to coach somewhere in the USA, but the reality is that I can coach a team here in the UK as a hobby...

I started Supporting the Bears because they had a swagger to them and I want them to get it back. I think with Jay Cutler, Dr Peppers and a Ballhawk at the back *cough*Atogwe*cough* we can...

Nice to hear from all of you guys though!!! Very Happy
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the old introduction thread, if anyone wants to look back at it.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18687

Just a reminder to all to not post personal info like your last name, address, anything like that...forum rules ya know. Wink

My name is Mike...I found FF 5 years ago and haven't seen a better site yet to talk football on. I have been married for 23yrs to my wonderful and understanding wife that I have actually turned into a Bears fan over the years and who now understands why I can't leave the TV on Sundays in the Fall. We have two boys, 22 and 19.

Joined the Air Force out of HS and after spending some time in Texas, Japan and then Maryland I got out. Decided to stay here in MD and raise our family. Got a job with a company that deals with satellite communications and have been in that field in one manner or another ever since.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Connor, I live in a small town called Richmond, which is very close to a town called Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, if any of you are familiar with it. I'm 17, and will be 18 in late July, and I'm a Senior in High School. I'm going to end up going to NIU next season, and right now I'm planning on having a double-major in Criminal Justice and Finance, but I've changed my mind on that so many times, I will probably have a different idea by the time I actually get there. Other than football, my biggest hobby would be to play video games, and I love games like Mass Effect, Fallout, and Fable. I joined in 2007, I believe, just before the Bears lost in the Superbowl.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
My name is Connor, I live in a small town called Richmond, which is very close to a town called Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, if any of you are familiar with it. I'm 17, and will be 18 in late July, and I'm a Senior in High School. I'm going to end up going to NIU next season, and right now I'm planning on having a double-major in Criminal Justice and Finance, but I've changed my mind on that so many times, I will probably have a different idea by the time I actually get there. Other than football, my biggest hobby would be to play video games, and I love games like Mass Effect, Fallout, and Fable. I joined in 2007, I believe, just before the Bears lost in the Superbowl.

Enjoy yourself at NIU tank. I'm a recent alum

Name is Aaron, 26 years old, live in Downers Grove, grew up in Plainfield, went to NIU, then went to The John Marshall Law School. I'm currently a public defender.

I'm all kinds of nerd. I love the Bears (football in general), video games, and books Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where'sRaymont? wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:

Enjoy yourself at NIU tank. I'm a recent alum

Name is Aaron, 26 years old, live in Downers Grove, grew up in Plainfield, went to NIU, then went to The John Marshall Law School. I'm currently a public defender.

I'm all kinds of nerd. I love the Bears (football in general), video games, and books Shocked

Hey neighbor!

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: