Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Running Back vs. Wide Receiver in NFL draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purdueman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Running Back vs. Wide Receiver in NFL draft Reply with quote

Funny, but I didn't think or realize that I was debating with anyone; let's just say that some of you have a difference of opinion with me and leave it at that. There's no right or wrong here; the proof is in the pudding and the pudding's not going to be able to be judged until a year or two down the line after this years draft (as far as who picks whom in the draft).

EXCELLENT point, however, about there being more potential true impact receivers later in the mid-first to end of the second round than running backs. Yes, one of those second round running backs could turn out to be an All Pro, however, the separation between receivers is much less than the separation between running backs.

Neither Williams nor Edwards excites many scouts as was the case with last years deep and talented wide receiver corps, but scouts are genuinely excited about Brown, Benson and Williams (all of whom project to go in the top 15, if not the top 10 in the draft).

There's no "lock" here on any of these guys (wide receiver or running back), becoming an impact guy though. I think that we're all still reeling from Curtis P.ENIS's terrible performance after having gone #5 overall in the draft (he sucked even before his career ending knee injury).

So I say go Brown if he's on the board, try to trade down if he's not, and if the Bears can't get equal value for the #4 pick in the draft trading down, draft Benson and let the chips fall where they may.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Funny, but I didn't think or realize that I was debating with anyone

I consider it debating... discussing, whatever you wanna call it - but that's why I'm here. I want to hear other people's opinions on the Bears... if I posted something and I got ten replies of "yes, you're right" then I would get pretty bored. Living in Maryland I don't have anyone to talk Bears football with - bunch of Redskin and Raven fans around here.... so being able to get reactions and/or responses from you all is refreshing. It's all good... it's about the Bears and we all want the same thing - WINS!
purdueman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GRRLacher"][quote]Funny, but I didn't think or realize that I was debating with anyone[/quote]

I consider it debating... discussing, whatever you wanna call it - but that's why I'm here. I want to hear other people's opinions on the Bears... if I posted something and I got ten replies of "yes, you're right" then I would get pretty bored. Living in Maryland I don't have anyone to talk Bears football with - bunch of Redskin and Raven fans around here.... so being able to get reactions and/or responses from you all is refreshing. It's all good... it's about the Bears and we all want the same thing - WINS![/quote]

Glad to have you on board! Yes, we are debating and discussing. My only point was that when someone posts that this person is "winning" the debate over that person, it's just merely a reflection of that individual passing judgement based on the allignment of the posts with their own personal biases and therefore is a bullshi& argument.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: