Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading Sharper and/or Foreman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Trading Sharper and/or Foreman Reply with quote

Should we trade one or both of these guys? While both are solid players, Sharper more than Foreman, with the addition of Greenwood and the improvement of Peek on the outside, I think that the Texans should make a move.

Sharper has the better value and should be able to get them a first day draft choice, most likely a 2nd or early 3rd rounder. Foreman will probably only provide a second day pick or a young prospect in return.

I think that they should trade Sharper now, before the draft. This will clear cap room and allows them to re-do their draft board (priorities and the extra pick). They should hold onto Foreman until training camp. This allows them to see how Wong's move to the inside goes, Peek's play on the outside goes, and how any draft pick may perform in camp. If things go well, and no one gets injured, you then trade Foreman or release him outright. Basically, he is kept around as an insurance policy against poor performance and injury.

Thoughts?
texansfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading Sharper is gonna be tough, because he provides such leadership and skill to our defense. But getting an early round pick and that extra caproom could really payoff. Foreman won't hurt that bad. I think Wong and Greenwood inside should be pretty good, the only question marks are the OLBs; it'll be interesting to see how Peek does, and how Babin grows i his second year. Might be worth snagging Merriman in the draft.
texan0305

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: lbs Reply with quote

the thought of two young prosperous linebackers is nice, i think babin is going progress the most from year one to year two, he'll know the defense better and know the shemes, merriman from all ive heard is the real deal the talk show hosts here all like the thought of merriman side by side with babin but i dont think dallas would pass him up just my gut instinct
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you think of this trade:

Pick 3
Earl Little (to replace McCree)

for

Pick 13
Round 2 or 3 pick
Jamie Sharper

That would put you in the Mike Williams lottery. Imagine Williams lining up opposite Johnson....

Do you think it's a good trade?
AFD1717

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casserly loves to stockpile draft picks and, having given away quite a few to get Babin last year, I don't think they would give up a day one pick. They don't need to move up to three to get Williams.
texansfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only move up we would make would be for a guy like Shawne Merriman and we don't need to move up to 3rd. That'd be a good trade for Cleveland, but not for Houston. As much as we'd like to have a guy like Mike Williams, Casserly has been talking about grabbing guys like Reggie Brown, Roscoe Parrish, Chris Henry.... basically guys we'll be able to get in the 2nd round or lower. Don't look for the texans to grab a WR in the first.
Bullred

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Texansfan. The only way we move up is to get one of the two elite LBs in the draft. Either Johnson or Merriman would be an immediate impact on our defense. If we stay put or move down I think it will become best availible player. With lack of activity in free agency I see the Texans building depth through the draft.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's a moot point, as you'll be surrendering your pick to the Rams for Orlando Pace.

Thanks for the input, though.
rblevens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was Pioli, I would trade pick 64 for Sharper and your 4th rounder.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be hard to trade Sharper, hes still very good and i dont think you have anyone that could replace what he brings.
AFD1717

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharper is going somewhere. At this point, if I could get a third round pick for him - I'll take it.
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people are scared of Sharper's $6m cap number but if he is traded, that team can sign him to a multiple year deal and greatly reduce that number. For some reason, that hasn't been talked about.

I have heard the Bengals are a possible team interested. They have questions at MLB and this would reunite him with Marvin Lewis, who was his D coordinator in Baltimore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: