Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading down...I need some help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delakev

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Trading down...I need some help Reply with quote

I was just reading the Lovie Smith post and the topic inspired this thought:
If the Bears were to trade their second round pick, say down 10 spots or so... What would they pick up? Will the 10 spots merit a 3rd round pick? A 4th?

Here was the thought that I just had... If the Bears take a WR in the first, trade down a little bit in the second and pick up Nugent before the Vikings have a chance, and then a falling Fason, Shelton, or JJ Arrington with (my assumed) third round pick.

Thanks so much Scar!!
Mountain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I like it.
O-Gun93

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

St. Louis would be ideal if we do. We would drop 11 spots, but we might be able to get their own third rounder. I guess it would depend on how bad they want to move up.
purdueman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="O-Gun93"]St. Louis would be ideal if we do. We would drop 11 spots, but we might be able to get their own third rounder. I guess it would depend on how bad they want to move up.[/quote]
Unless Brown of Auburn is still on the board, I DESPERATELY want to see the Bears trade down to pick up another pick and hopefully draft Williamson in the middle of the first round.

Aside from Brown, there are NO consensus picks at #4 (sorry to say for you that have fallen in love with tall but slow Mike Williams or another Michigan guy in Edwards).
Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Williamson from? I'd like to read his scouting report. Or if anyone has a FREE link that can get me there, it would be greatly appreciated. Somewhere I can get his college stats too, because as we all know, 40 times, and combine drills dont tell the WHOLE story.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=134901

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6530&start=0
delakev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links Bo.

It appears that Williamson did all of his damage in the first couple of games of this year, did he get hurt because his production severely dropped off...

Thanks so much Scar!!
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also seems like Williamson is kind of a 'question mark', he does have the height and 40 times, and if i remember right he did do well in the combine, which propelled him in the middle of the 1st round, but I dont think the bears should take him, seems like he's all "combine", if you know what I mean. Id rather take a guy with "game speed" that has the stats about him rather than a "combine speed" guy any day.

But seriously though, stop right now and think of a 10th of a second (difference between Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards) one 10th of a second, that REALLY is not that much to drop a guy so far, yeah he can outrun someone in a race, but when he's running down the sidelines trying to get open, that CB isnt going to be thinking "oh [inappropriate/removed] he runs a 4.5, and I run a 4.6, that means i cant cover him", no that CB will chuck him, or hold him or do somethin to slow him down (and i know the nfl has been strict on the calls, but they dont make all of them) so that 10th of a second shouldnt matter as much as scouts think it does. GO BEARS!!!

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
purdueman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Williamson Reply with quote

It's not the tenth of a second difference between WIlliams and Edwards or anyone else that's the concern per se'. The concern is that even average cornerbacks (as David Terrell has found out), can stick like glue to guys who run 4.6 in the 40 or less.

I remember everyone saying the same things about Willie Gault that are being said know about Williamson. Just so long as Williamson has the hands and speed, the rest can be taught.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: