Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7 Round Ravens Mock- clarett to baltimore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: 7 Round Ravens Mock- clarett to baltimore Reply with quote

this would be an ideal draft for us if it ends up like this. keep in mind some of these players might not be available where i have them going for us.

Round 1.
Brodney Poole, FS- he'll take over for the very average will demps and seal up what for now is the only weak point in the secondary
Round 2.
Chris Henry, WR- This guy has 1st round talent, and in a locker room like ours, i think ray lewis and company can fix this guys attitude to an extent. if he lets his play do the talking, he could wind up being a huge steal
Round 3
Adrian Mchperson, QB- if ozzie really does draft BPA, and he does, McPherson should be the pick here. i don't know if he'll be available but he could push boller and possibly take over for him if boller does turn out to be a bust
Round 4
Ray Willis, OT- he can be groomed as the replacement to the aging and ineffective Zeus
Round 5
Richie Incognito, C- he comes with some baggage and with that knee injury, but he was shooting up the draft boards before the injury and, given time to heal, if hes still available here, could become our center of the future, especially with some injury concerns with flynn.
Round 6
Dominique Foxworth, CB- a solid dime or nickel back who had a great career as a shutdown corner at Maryland. had a very impressive combine.
Round 7
Maurice Clarett, RB- laugh all you want at this pick, hes a very good gamble for the seventh round. he has a lot of talent and with a proper training staff to help him keep proper care of his body, and maybe an attitude adjustment, he would be a great pickup. An insurance back if musa goes down again. with jamal lewis's contract almost up, clarett could end up being a feature back for us if he can show everyone he is NFL worthy.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it overall, however i think we could trade down atleast to the end of the first round for Pool if not into the 2nd round all together. Not to sold on taking Henry, but i could deal with it. Dont mind the McPherson pick, but im not ready to start questioning Boller just yet. I like the late round lineman picks except with richie incognito running as well as he did he may be a little bit earlier then the 5th. I like the dominique foxworth pick however in thr baltimore sun it said that he didnt officially work out at marylands proday. still i like foxworth, should be a solid nickel or dime back. I dont mind taking Clarett in the 7th round at all.
ExtremRavens

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this is a fine mock draft but i doubt we will get Brodney pole in the first round. I dont think he's talented enough. I suspect we will see him go in the second round. We should drat a DE or DT in t he first, then trade for two second round picks and get Poole and Henry. Some compare Henry to Randy Moss talent wise, so thats a big up against his down attitude.
TSizzle55UMD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Drafting Strategy for the Ravens Reply with quote

First I believe that we are going to more then likely trade out of our first round pick for another second and an early round pick in 2006. So then the Ravens will draft as follows.

2a. Ernest Shazor (FS/SS)
2b. Adam Terry (OT)
3. either Roscoe Parrish (slot WR) or Andrew Walter (QB)
4. either Robert McCune (ILB) or Matt Jones (WR if Parrish isn't taken)
5. Kay-Jay Harris (RB) or Eric Shelton (RB)
6a. (from Browns) Scott Mruczkowski (C)
6b. Lorenzo Alexander (DT)
7. Dan Orlovsky (QB if we don't take Walter) or a project DE like Johnathan Goddard from Marshall

If we are going to keep our first round pick, i would either trade up to get Thomas Davis (FS) or take Elton Brown (OG).

thanks to TitanFan1990 for the sig.
mic79e

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp

I'm not too sure about your first two picks, but your picks in rounds 3-6 are all spot on (Adrian McPherson, Ray Willis, Richie Incognito, Dominique Foxworth). I don't know about Clarett, but you only put him down as a 7th round pick, so that's not too bad.

TSizzle55UMD

I don't think Ernest Shazor is a good fit for our secondary, same thing goes for Brodney Pool, I've said many times that the FS that is the best fit for us is James Butler from Georgia Tech, but I won't get in to that again.

Every other pick though looks good. I think Eric Shelton would be perfect, although he won't last that long. All the guys you picked after Shazor would play a role for us.

If your trade involving the 22nd pick was for a 2005 second round pick and a first round pick in 2006 then I would be very happy, I am a big advocate of us making a trade like that.
HillHawks02

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Just cause I'm a raging Brodney Pool fan. Still think hes gonna be the steal of the draft and depending on the team he lands on will be the DROY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: