Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Ravens Talk: All off topic conversation goes here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeyBaltimore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearsFanForever wrote:
MikeyBaltimore wrote:
BearsFanForever wrote:
Well it only got up to 40 inches of snow where i am at here in Pasadena, MD, but we are still waiting for snow plows to get rid of this snow, but for the most part, the town survived, but luckily I got a snow day today, and loving it.

Superbowl was a blast, had a few friends over, who had their 4-wheel drive vehicles. So all was good.

Where about in Pasadena are you from? I live in Linthicum myself but I was snowed in up that way for a few days.

Off of Catherine Avenue and DuVall

Haha yeah that's right about where I was. Meadow right off of Duvall

I think, really, the Jolly Roger is the appropriate course of action.

Baltimore Orioles Win Tracker: 2
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i posted in the other thread:
Does anyone here have any knowledge of the University of Maryland?

My potential English university offers a 1 year exchange program and how good Maryland is would sway my decision to pick the English university somewhat.

I'm studying History (with a few modules in economic history), is Maryland nationally respected as a good university?

Thanks.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:

My potential English university offers a 1 year exchange program and how good Maryland is would sway my decision to pick the English university somewhat.

I'm studying History (with a few modules in economic history), is Maryland nationally respected as a good university?

Thanks.

Maryland is a very good school depending for most any program and has great internship opportunities being so close to both the DC and Baltimore markets. It's actually considered a Public Ivy school, 1 of only 27 colleges/universities in the United States to hold that distinction. For more information on Public Ivy's and Marlyand's rankings you can check the below links and quote.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Ivy

Quote:
Rankings

University rankings (overall)
ARWU World 37
ARWU North & Latin America 30
Times Higher Education 122
USNWR National University 53
WM National University 52

The University is ranked 53rd in the latest 2009 U.S. News and World Report rankings of "National Universities" across the United States, and it is ranked 18th nationally among public universities. 29 undergraduate and graduate programs are ranked in the top 10 and 90 programs are in the top 25.[33]

The Academic Ranking of World Universities compiled by the Shanghai Jiao Tong University ranked Maryland as 37th in the world as well as 8th among public flagship universities in the United States.[34] Newsweek ranked the University of Maryland as 45th in their ranking "global universities." Webometrics, a leading web collegiate ranking site, ranked Maryland 18th on its "Top 6000 Universities" list.[35] Times Higher Education ranked the University of Maryland 79th on its top 100 universities in the world in 2007.[36]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Maryland,_College_Park
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dude, that sounds great.

I'll definatly take the opportunity I think, because It is an ambition of mine to live in the USA one day and this is a perfect taster.

Another bonus is that i only pay my UK tuition fee (about $3,200 per year) opposed to the $22,000 tuition fee if it wasn't supported by Liverpool.

What are the living costs in the Maryland area like guys? I know that it is a huge area, but my knowledge is strictly confined to "The Wire" (which admittedly is a little worrying Razz Wink ).

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
spush

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An old friend of yours up to his old tricks. Stay classy

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1899&t=5438560

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, so that's where skay went...
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow he must have gotten more bitter as time went on, I don't remember him being THAT bad here.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:

I'll definatly take the opportunity I think, because It is an ambition of mine to live in the USA one day and this is a perfect taster.

Another bonus is that i only pay my UK tuition fee (about $3,200 per year) opposed to the $22,000 tuition fee if it wasn't supported by Liverpool.

What are the living costs in the Maryland area like guys? I know that it is a huge area, but my knowledge is strictly confined to "The Wire" (which admittedly is a little worrying Razz Wink ).

The Wire isn't the area you'd be in. You'd be in college park which is a party town (like most college towns) but light years away from The Wire or another of my favorites from David Simon, The Corner.

Not exactly sure about cost of apartments in that area, I can't help since I've never lived in that area specifically. Plus I also don't know the dollar-euro comparison at this point (especially with Greece and Spain having economic troubles). But this link below allows you to compare Maryland with other states for price of living. Once you do that it shows you how much certain things cost on average, like pizza, houses, burgers, energy, etc.

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/savings/moving-cost-of-living-calculator.aspx
BaltimoreRavens

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:

Thanks.

I go to Maryland right now. I think Maryland is a great school. Top 50 in the country. Both of the roommates I had were English Majors and they ended up graduating and doing very well. Beautiful campus, very diverse, filled with opportunities being next to Washington DC. Just a metro ride away.
BaltimoreRavens

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:

ROFL thats just awesome. I believe he got banned talking smack to you too. Good times.
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
91jmay wrote:

The Wire isn't the area you'd be in. You'd be in college park which is a party town (like most college towns) but light years away from The Wire or another of my favorites from David Simon, The Corner.

Not exactly sure about cost of apartments in that area, I can't help since I've never lived in that area specifically. Plus I also don't know the dollar-euro comparison at this point (especially with Greece and Spain having economic troubles). But this link below allows you to compare Maryland with other states for price of living. Once you do that it shows you how much certain things cost on average, like pizza, houses, burgers, energy, etc.

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/savings/moving-cost-of-living-calculator.aspx

Ah thanks thats a real help.

But in Britain we still use £ (pounds) Wink

A principle to live by..
DanFS#7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreRavens wrote:
spush wrote:

ROFL thats just awesome. I believe he got banned talking smack to you too. Good times.

Nahh, it was a moderator, but I think we are not allowed to talk about that.
BaltimoreRavens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanFS#7 wrote:
BaltimoreRavens wrote:
spush wrote:

Nahh, it was a moderator, but I think we are not allowed to talk about that.

Ya you're probably right. Better let that one go.
DaMenace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:

Lol he sure is spreading his wisdom to others

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Wow he must have gotten more bitter as time went on, I don't remember him being THAT bad here.

I'm sure he always was, the rules are just a little stricter around here probably.

I think, really, the Jolly Roger is the appropriate course of action.

Baltimore Orioles Win Tracker: 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: