Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

StarCraft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 35441
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: StarCraft Reply with quote

So the StarCraft 2 beta has just been released and the game looks like SC on steriods. Awesome graphics and new charaters. In anticipation of SC2 coming out soon Ive started playing the old one. Any of you guys play broodwar, hit me up (same sn).

Anyways.. anyone looking forward to the new SC?


http://pc.ign.com/articles/106/1069987p1.html
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 26783
Location: Courtroom
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: StarCraft Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
So the StarCraft 2 beta has just been released and the game looks like SC on steriods. Awesome graphics and new charaters. In anticipation of SC2 coming out soon Ive started playing the old one. Any of you guys play broodwar, hit me up (same sn).

Anyways.. anyone looking forward to the new SC?


http://pc.ign.com/articles/106/1069987p1.html


YES, I was going to make a thread but I hear the beta will be a few months . If anyone wants ot know good livestreams or good youtube channels PM me

I seiroulsy cant wait, Im hoping to pick up first game from my cousin to go straight through the campaign

BTW Matts, were you a hardcore gamer? Like knowing builds, ICCUP, apm stuff? or just a regular Bnet player?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 35441
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: StarCraft Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
So the StarCraft 2 beta has just been released and the game looks like SC on steriods. Awesome graphics and new charaters. In anticipation of SC2 coming out soon Ive started playing the old one. Any of you guys play broodwar, hit me up (same sn).

Anyways.. anyone looking forward to the new SC?


http://pc.ign.com/articles/106/1069987p1.html


YES, I was going to make a thread but I hear the beta will be a few months . If anyone wants ot know good livestreams or good youtube channels PM me

I seiroulsy cant wait, Im hoping to pick up first game from my cousin to go straight through the campaign

BTW Matts, were you a hardcore gamer? Like knowing builds, ICCUP, apm stuff? or just a regular Bnet player?



regular BNet. 12 years ago I was a highschooler and a jock, so I didnt play much video games, but I LOVED Star Craft. It was one of my few game addictions.

Honestly, now that im playing again, Im probably better than I was then. I actually care about stategy now. With that said, I only win about 60%.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 26783
Location: Courtroom
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: StarCraft Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
So the StarCraft 2 beta has just been released and the game looks like SC on steriods. Awesome graphics and new charaters. In anticipation of SC2 coming out soon Ive started playing the old one. Any of you guys play broodwar, hit me up (same sn).

Anyways.. anyone looking forward to the new SC?


http://pc.ign.com/articles/106/1069987p1.html


YES, I was going to make a thread but I hear the beta will be a few months . If anyone wants ot know good livestreams or good youtube channels PM me

I seiroulsy cant wait, Im hoping to pick up first game from my cousin to go straight through the campaign

BTW Matts, were you a hardcore gamer? Like knowing builds, ICCUP, apm stuff? or just a regular Bnet player?



regular BNet. 12 years ago I was a highschooler and a jock, so I didnt play much video games, but I LOVED Star Craft. It was one of my few game addictions.

Honestly, now that im playing again, Im probably better than I was then. I actually care about stategy now. With that said, I only win about 60%.


Ahh okay, I know what you mean, Yea I never played hardcore and was pretty bad lol, but Ive started watching the Pro scene in SC and gotten alot better

Do you play UMS?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VYoung10


Joined: 02 Oct 2008
Posts: 8790
Location: Billings-406
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just like Command and Conquer?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 26783
Location: Courtroom
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
This is just like Command and Conquer?


If you asking if its a game where you build a base and stuff then yea, but thats sorta where the comparison ends. If you ever played Warcraft its much closer to that.

here is a video of a single game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrxgu4FZPE&feature=response_watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1VjRJvRr5Y&feature=response_watch

Also I recommend watching this guy's channel for SC2 beta videos.

This video is the Korean Pro Scene. Of course SC has much more to it as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VikingsFan51


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 14374
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SC was legit.

I played when I was in middle school, and I was almost exclusively a UMS player.

So stoked for SC2
_________________

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VYoung10


Joined: 02 Oct 2008
Posts: 8790
Location: Billings-406
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
VYoung10 wrote:
This is just like Command and Conquer?


If you asking if its a game where you build a base and stuff then yea, but thats sorta where the comparison ends. If you ever played Warcraft its much closer to that.

here is a video of a single game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrxgu4FZPE&feature=response_watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1VjRJvRr5Y&feature=response_watch

Also I recommend watching this guy's channel for SC2 beta videos.

This video is the Korean Pro Scene. Of course SC has much more to it as well.


Alright cool, I will watch them when I get home.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 26783
Location: Courtroom
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bump Smile

So how about a discussion

First off for SC1
1. Favorite Race?
2a. Favorite Zerg Unit?
2b. Favorite Terran Unit?
2c. Favorite Protoss Unit?
3. How did you get started?
4. What do you you usually play?
5. How long have you been playing
6. Favorite Story Hero

1. For me its hard, I like both Terran and Zerg, but if Id have to pick PROBABLY terran but its VERY slim
2a. Probably Hydralisk (I also love zerglings and mutalisks)
2b. Ghost, LOVE ghost Im SOOO glad they look to be more useful in SC2
2c. I guess DT, I dont really like too many of them (go zeratul!)
3. Brother's game, I started to play, got addicted lol
4. I play USE MAP SETTINGS, Ill play melee now though, but not a big fan
5. since 98' baby lol
6. Kerrigan, Just like her character and units.

Haha I feel so geeky Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VikingsFan51


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 14374
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
Little bump Smile

So how about a discussion

First off for SC1
1. Favorite Race?
2a. Favorite Zerg Unit?
2b. Favorite Terran Unit?
2c. Favorite Protoss Unit?
3. How did you get started?
4. What do you you usually play?
5. How long have you been playing
6. Favorite Story Hero

1. For me its hard, I like both Terran and Zerg, but if Id have to pick PROBABLY terran but its VERY slim
2a. Probably Hydralisk (I also love zerglings and mutalisks)
2b. Ghost, LOVE ghost Im SOOO glad they look to be more useful in SC2
2c. I guess DT, I dont really like too many of them (go zeratul!)
3. Brother's game, I started to play, got addicted lol
4. I play USE MAP SETTINGS, Ill play melee now though, but not a big fan
5. since 98' baby lol
6. Kerrigan, Just like her character and units.

Haha I feel so geeky Razz

1. Protoss
2a. Hydralisk
2b. Battlecruiser
2c. Carrier or Dark Archon
3. I bought it. Best buy of my life.
4. UMS
5. Total of 3-4 years. I played 2-3 straight, then took a break and played Xbox/WCIII. Now I just reinstalled it on my computer. Once I get a USB mouse, it's game on!
6. Zeratul -- Why is he such a beast? Fenix and Raynor are close behind.

Yeah, so I just reinstalled it...

BOO YAH!
_________________

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 35441
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off for SC1
1. Favorite Race? Toss
2a. Favorite Zerg Unit? Lurkers
2b. Favorite Terran Unit? Tanks
2c. Favorite Protoss Unit? Dark Temps
3. How did you get started? Bought the game when it first game out..
4. What do you you usually play? Toss
5. How long have you been playing - I guess 12 years, although there was a 10 year break in the middle
6. Favorite Story Hero - Havent played the story in forever. so, NA
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 26783
Location: Courtroom
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way I dont actually have it lol, I mostly meant I cant watch it basically 24/7 because another forum I visit always has some livestreaming it lol

Matts do you play Usemapsettings? Or just melee games?

Shame both of you are toss lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25026
Location: South Jeezy fo sheezy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Brood War competitively when I was in Middle school and probably up until my freshmen year of HS. I was pretty good... for an American. But damn those Koreans can play. I probably won't have a CPU good enough to run SC2 which is a bummer but could be for the best with the amount of time I put into BW.
_________________
johndeere1707 wrote:

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 26783
Location: Courtroom
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
I played Brood War competitively when I was in Middle school and probably up until my freshmen year of HS. I was pretty good... for an American. But damn those Koreans can play. I probably won't have a CPU good enough to run SC2 which is a bummer but could be for the best with the amount of time I put into BW.


Its amazing what koreans can do lol, One of the current best players making a bunch of money is I believe only 17 or something....

From what I remember SC2 wont require too much, I heard its not as bad as some newer games now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 35441
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
By the way I dont actually have it lol, I mostly meant I cant watch it basically 24/7 because another forum I visit always has some livestreaming it lol

Matts do you play Usemapsettings? Or just melee games?

Shame both of you are toss lol


Im pretty decent with Zerg also. The only reason I said Toss is because I die the least with them.

I have not played UMS... yet...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group