Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for Insights
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

Sig courtesy of mack.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
    To be honest don't know much about him, besides his name is Todd Haley and that he's offensive-minded and helped a Cardinals pass attack get to the Super Bowl. Specialty is Receivers and has helped a lot reach pro bowl potential. He seems hard-nosed with conditioning being a focal point in the offseason and oh yeah he's the only current HC to have never actually played football before professionally or otherwise.
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
    His name is Charlie Weis and has been a solid offensive guy for years helping his teams reach the top 5 in offense. From what I've heard he runs the Erhardt-Perkins offense and likes to attack defenses with everything.
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
    His name is Romeo Crennel, he runs the 3-4 usually but isn't kept to just that. From what I've heard he's a player's coach and they play for him
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
    3-4, don't know coverage. It's currently still transitioning and has a lot of 4-3 guys trying to learn new positions.
    Very important, at least for me, but I'm pretty sure our GM feels the same.
    Pretty active, but our GM is new so its up in the air at this point.
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
    UP and Comers - Flowers,Hali,Cassel,Charles,Bowe,Dorsey,Jackson,Succoup,Albert.
    Starting but shouldn't - Brown,Mays,Edwards,Niswanger,Smith
    Tradeable - Everyone basically, DJ would be one who should garner some interest he's worth a 2nd at least.

• During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
    Last year picked up Cassel and Vrable, before that in the old regime we went with the youth movement so you tell me
    The "Youth Movement" stated above, a lot of bad draft picks, and an FO really only focused on money.
    NTNTNTNTNT,ILB,OLB,C,RG,SS,Slot Receiver,and TE. Not necessarily in that order although NT is chief among them.
    Large Cap space, and an up-and-coming program with some of the best OC and DC's around.
    Revamp of the Offense and Defense, its filled with old regime guys and backups that shouldn't be starters. Find a great NT and ILB, and a passing threat either another pass rusher or a ball-hawk/run stuffing SS. Next a new C and RG, plus a(future) number 2 and 3/slot WR. A very good compliment to Charles(a guy who could take over without the offense missing a beat) and we might just make it to a championship. But as you can see we're kind of far off(at least today)

Tried to answer the questions as much as I could, and if I can ask why are you doing this? I'm curious since I've seen it everywhere else.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

To be honest don't know much about him, besides his name is Todd Haley and that he's offensive-minded and helped a Cardinals pass attack get to the Super Bowl. Specialty is Receivers and has helped a lot reach pro bowl potential. He seems hard-nosed with conditioning being a focal point in the offseason and oh yeah he's the only current HC to have never actually played football before professionally or otherwise. He is also a Parcells desciple, and was very highly regarded by the Tuna. His tendancy is to do whatever he thinks is best, with absolutely no regard for what anyone thinks. Not fans, not players, not his staff, and even not his GM. He is absolutely committed to living or dying with his way. Agree or disagree, you've got to admire that.
    His name is Charlie Weis and has been a solid offensive guy for years helping his teams reach the top 5 in offense. From what I've heard he runs the Erhardt-Perkins offense and likes to attack defenses with everything. He is widely regarded as being the man who got Tom Brady to being an elite QB, true or not. He is regarded as one of the greatest offensive minds of the past decade or more, and known for his game planning to exploit defenses. Another guy on our staff that didn't play pro or college ball.
    His name is Romeo Crennel, he runs the 3-4 usually but isn't kept to just that. From what I've heard he's a player's coach and they play for him His background is with defensive lineman, and that is not only his specialty, but his defense begins and ends there. He has always been religated to second fiddle to either Parcells or Belichick, and as such is not regarded nearly as high as he probably should. Many of his ex-players have atested to his ability to game plan, and debunk the theory that he was just riding coat tails.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as well as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
    3-4, don't know coverage. It's currently still transitioning and has a lot of 4-3 guys trying to learn new positions. We played a 3-4 as a base for the first time last year, with a DC that is no longer here. What we will be doing will only be an assumption based off of what Crennel has done in the past. I believe that we will still run more of a hybrid 3-4, especially if we don't aquire a dominant NT, and thus running a lot of 2-4-5 defenses. As far as coverage, we ran quite a bit of cover 2 still last year, but in general I expect we will be playing a lot of zone coverage givent he talents of our DB's.
    Very important, at least for me, but I'm pretty sure our GM feels the same. This year more then potentially others in the future should we establish a high character team, but for now, it is of the utmost importance. However, when I think character for a football player, I'm not thinking that its someone that doesn't drink or go to strip clubs, but rather someone that has is very disciplined, will do what he is asked on the field and is smart enough to not be a problem off of it, and will work as hard as anyone else. Not an Alter Boy, but someone that will follow the rules and go above and beyond when it comes to football.
    Pretty active, but our GM is new so its up in the air at this point. While with the Pats, Pioli was very active in the later rounds during the draft, and active in the first couple of rounds prior to the draft. He will undoubtedly build this team through the draft, and thus covet more picks over higher picks until he feels the talent level of our team is where it needs to be.
    UP and Comers - Flowers,Hali,Cassel,Charles,Bowe,Dorsey,Jackson,Succoup,Albert.
    Starting but shouldn't - Brown,Mays,Edwards,Niswanger,Smith, Pope, Castille, and as a PR Bobby Wade.
    Tradeable - Everyone basically, DJ would be one who should garner some interest he's worth a 2nd at least.
    As far as tradeable, yes everyone can be had for a price, but I would think the ones that are listed as up and comers would take a lopsided trade in oru favor to move, thus unlikely. Lifer's, well we are Foxboro West now, so no one except potentially Cassel will be a lifer, unless they value Championships over money.
    Last year picked up Cassel and Vrable, before that in the old regime we went with the youth movement so you tell meWe traded for a potential franchise QB when we didn't have one on the roster, to me that is the exception not the rule. Again, this team will be built through the draft, and trades will only take place for guys that are undervalued by their current team ala Moss and Welker when the Pats got them.
    The "Youth Movement" stated above, a lot of bad draft picks, and an FO really only focused on money. You can get a lot of different things in here including everything from talent, drafting, play calling, coaching, locker room cancers, depth chart decisions, etc. I personally think its because we tried once too many times to tweek the roster, patch things together and make a run, and then when we finally decided to rebuild, we only gave it a year, and then totally blew the whole organization up and started over again. Hopefully we give this a little more time to work itself out.
    NTNTNTNTNT,ILB,OLB,C,RG,SS,Slot Receiver,and TE. Not necessarily in that order although NT is chief among them. Agreed, but I would add Nickel CB and Punt Returner. PR may not be the highest valued position, but it is probably the only position on the roster that we can't find anyone to do even an average job of.
    Large Cap space, and an up-and-coming program with some of the best OC and DC's around. We also do have a few potentially great young players. We may have one of the best DL's in the elague if we can upgrade NT, we have a potential shut down CB in Flowers, and we have a RB that averaged more yards per carry then Chris Johnson, and did a better job of yards after contact then Michael Turner and MJD.
    Revamp of the Offense and Defense, its filled with old regime guys and backups that shouldn't be starters. Find a great NT and ILB, and a passing threat either another pass rusher or a ball-hawk/run stuffing SS. Next a new C and RG, plus a(future) number 2 and 3/slot WR. A very good compliment to Charles(a guy who could take over without the offense missing a beat) and we might just make it to a championship. But as you can see we're kind of far off(at least today) Talent and time. We need a lot of the former, and at least 3 years of the later.

Tried to answer the questions as much as I could, and if I can ask why are you doing this? I'm curious since I've seen it everywhere else.

See my comments in red. Hope this helps.

^ryknowssd on the sig
valkrei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

he likes WR sets, huge on his players and is a hot head to those who are not. He recently surrounded himself with outher great minds to help him develope a team and provide blance to his ego.

He tends to wear his emotions on his sleave and be overconfident in his team when he shouldn't. A few rookie coach mistakes that hopefully he doesnt continue to make. What we don't know yet is if he should be a head coach or a position coach or o coordinator.

The offensive coordinator is known as a genious and QB Guru. The good news we have a need for both. What we don't know is what he can do with a talent depleted team such as ours.

Our offensive sceam is quick passes and runs to the outside we struggled with protection and had to limit our playbook. The emergence of JC helped a ton.

The D coord, is also known as a great mind, he gets the most out of his players and developes talent. The good news is we have talent thats not performing to the standards we want them to, If he can turn some of those guys into every down threats then he is the MAN. In addition he has head coaching experience which will be valuable to serve as a mentor to Haley.

We are a 3-4 D and somtimes a cover 4-3, we made the switch last year we still need talent for the system and it s hould be addressed this year. The coverage issues we had were due more to a lack of talent then anything.

Character is very important, for example if you have a very talented player on the team but he is also a drama queen aka LJ then your better off without him.

we have had a few trades mostly players for picks rather then trading up or down. I can't say a lot because this is pioli's 2nd year with us, we hope he can work some magic this year.

Tamba is once again an up and comer and prob a lifer, Flowers is as close to the top without being the top you can get, I believe romeo will help him out, demorio could stay with the team till he retires, colquit and succup are not going anywhere. Cassel could be great, depends if weiss can get some development out of him.

The chiefs like to wheel and deal and sometimes Im not a fan of the dealing but pioli likes his extra draft picks.

Poor secondary play, linebacker play, bad hands from the WR and protection issues, no pressure on the D.

Biggest wholes would be NT, OLB, ILB, FS, CB, WR O-line. There is no order to how i listed it.

Coaching, draft picks, finished last season strong.

To win next year would be a miracle, we have a lot of holes to fill and we need our draft picks to start and not suck. We have great coaches now, so we can cross our fingers. Realistically if things worked out really really good I could see us battle for a wild card spot. Not necessarily get it but compete for it.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
jimmydee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I could add without trying to just give you more fodder is this. The Chiefs have a committed to excellence owner, a FO and coaching staff that now understands being on the same page with the owner, and a tremendous fan base rich with tradition.

Those are intangibles not germane to your question, but are variables that is takes to be succesful year after year, IMO
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to stop by to clarify something. Let me preface this with saying I watched every single snap the Chiefs made at least five times and usually around 9 or 10 times each. I DVR the games, then go back and watch them a second time and rewind each play over and over until I can evaluate how each and every player performed.

With that said, NT, RG and TE are all pretty close to being tied for our biggest need. Everything else is considered a secondary "want" more than a need.

Arrow None of our TEs could block paraplegic and only one of them is relatively consistent as a receiving threat (Cottam)...and he has a cracked cervical vertebrae late last season. So, we don't even know if he'll recover. Either way, given how much Haley/Weis use WR bubble screens & the such, it's extremely important that our TEs can block very well. Right now, we have noone who fits that description.
Arrow Ron Edwards played well at times last season for us at NT, but was far too inconsistent for us to feel comfortable hanging our hat on his abilities. He's aging and it's starting to show...and we don't have any depth behind him. Personally, I think Dan Williams is much more than likely to be the 5th overall pick, but I'll let you be the judge.
Arrow RG has been a revolving door ever since Will Shields retired. Let me put it this way, Mike Goff and Wade Smith were our starters at RG this season. IMO, it's probably our biggest position of need, just as it has been for about 3-4 years now.

Our secondary needs include (in order):
1. ILB
2. C
3. OLB
4. Slot WR
5. FB
6. Nickel CB
7. PR/KR (hopefully addressed with the same player who fills our need for a CB or WR)

Hope that helps.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Kcity58

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Just wanted to stop by to clarify something. Let me preface this with saying I watched every single snap the Chiefs made at least five times and usually around 9 or 10 times each. I DVR the games, then go back and watch them a second time and rewind each play over and over until I can evaluate how each and every player performed.

With that said, NT, RG and TE are all pretty close to being tied for our biggest need. Everything else is considered a secondary "want" more than a need.

Arrow None of our TEs could block paraplegic and only one of them is relatively consistent as a receiving threat (Cottam)...and he has a cracked cervical vertebrae late last season. So, we don't even know if he'll recover. Either way, given how much Haley/Weis use WR bubble screens & the such, it's extremely important that our TEs can block very well. Right now, we have noone who fits that description.
Arrow Ron Edwards played well at times last season for us at NT, but was far too inconsistent for us to feel comfortable hanging our hat on his abilities. He's aging and it's starting to show...and we don't have any depth behind him. Personally, I think Dan Williams is much more than likely to be the 5th overall pick, but I'll let you be the judge.
Arrow RG has been a revolving door ever since Will Shields retired. Let me put it this way, Mike Goff and Wade Smith were our starters at RG this season. IMO, it's probably our biggest position of need, just as it has been for about 3-4 years now.

Our secondary needs include (in order):
1. ILB
2. C
3. OLB
4. Slot WR
5. FB
6. Nickel CB
7. PR/KR (hopefully addressed with the same player who fills our need for a CB or WR)

Hope that helps.

Wow...to say that a team that won 4 games has 3 positional "needs" and everything else being deemed a "want" is hilarious, and I dont care how many times you watched the games. We have straight up needs at several positions to become a winning franchise. Maybe your basing you opinion on us just being at least considered an NFL franchise then?

Master of his Craft....Loto on the sig.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcity58 wrote:
Wow...to say that a team that won 4 games has 3 positional "needs" and everything else being deemed a "want" is hilarious, and I dont care how many times you watched the games. We have straight up needs at several positions to become a winning franchise. Maybe your basing you opinion on us just being at least considered an NFL franchise then?

First, don't patronize me. Second, the only other position that could possibly be considered as an absolute dire need is at ILB next to DJ and Haley and Pioli have both been quoted saying Demo, Mays and Belcher have all far exceeded their expectations and well on their way to being part of "the right 53". I can tell you right now, though, that if we can get an above average starter at RG, TE and NT, I will personally guarantee you that we will make it very close to being in the playoffs in 2010. We're a hell of a lot closer to being a good team than everyone is giving us credit for...and yes, that includes you. The fact that you can't see that is...well...one could say "hilarious". If you don't agree that we at least have a serviceable starter at every other position outside NT, TE & RG, give me an example. The only argument you have is SS and CB. Morgan deserves his chance to start, so SS is null & void...and Carr played very well this year in comparison to last year. The last time I checked, that means he is continuing to improve. Why would we want to replace an ascending player? I don't really expect a reply from you because you probably don't want me proving you wrong. I'd love to have the chance, though.

Again, don't patronize me. I don't take kindly to it.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
jimmydee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta believe Ryk is on the right path here. I too, watched all the games, and many of them several times, so I guess Ryk and I are both Hilarious, and you can patronize me all day cause it really makes me feel good temporarily. Cool

I'm gonna restate the obvious here, then my twist. We need the "right" ILB, RG, C, TE, SS, back up RB, all of which will be accomplished buring the FA or draft.

The twist: IMO, the last half of the season showed most intelligent observes that we are way closer to a playoff team than the record shows. Our O line finally began to jell after working together for the first half of the season, but we still need help. The WR corps (phonetically pronounced CORE, for those of you in DC who should know better), finished with only one WR who was there day one, and he missed four games in the middle of the season. Our franchise RB wasn't called on till mid season and he was down with it quick. Soooooooo, with a good OTA and camps and pre-season, and with the coaching staff upgrade, and with seveal key upgrades (ILB, C, RG, TE, NT) boys, grab your back side and hang on cause it's time to Rock n' Roll.
Kcity58

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ryknowssd"]
Kcity58 wrote:

I just had this whole schpleel written out that went position by position of which positions I deemd needs...a lot were on D, but then I came to a realization. It all depends on who we are able to pick up in FA or the draft. If we were somehow to get a starting caliber NT, then maybe players like Mays, Carr, Page, Brown, DJ play better. Same could be said if we picked up a soldi pass rusher to compliment Tamba.

From a black and white perspective here are our team needs according to me:
OT: RT needs an upgrade, at least. I am not a fan of ROC, and feel he would be better suited to play a utility role back up. Ill leave the B.Albert debate out of this one.
RG: We agree on this: there is no quality starter on this team here.
C: Agreed.
OLB: Vrable looked like he was playing in slow-mo last year, dont know if thats due to age or lack of desire, but we need better.
ILB: DJ issue aside (I think he has no business in a 3-4, and is forcing a round peg in a square hole so to speak), sure maybe the 3 you named are progressing and a part of the right 53, but there are 22 starters, and none have any business as of now starting.
SS: Obvious need. I dont believe in this "deserve" bs..you either earn a starting spot or you dont...I dont care when you were drafted or by what team.
CB: Carr is decent, and sure hes progressing, but he gets caught out of position a lot, and I would be much more comfortable with him playing nickel. If he keeps progressingl, there is nothing wrong with having an excess of talent...it makes for more draft picks that we all love to argue about Very Happy
WR: Chambers is stop gap, and Dwayne Bowe is about as inconsistent as it gets..say we need a slot, sure, but we could just plain use a consistent recieving option.
RB: Charles is a beast, but we need someone to spell him with.
NT: We all know this one. Glaring need.

Now again, this is a pure black and white list. Improvements of certian positions directly effect those of another...so this is what it is. From a broad scheme of things, I would say our needs are improvements in pass protection, pass rush, stopping the run, form tackling and passing offense.

Also, how is it that you are going to prove me wrong buddy?? With more opinion?? Or stats, that if you havent figured out yet, are most times quite circumstantial. At the end of the day we are all just a bunch of dudes behind some computers that like the same team for whatever reasons. We all have opinions, and for the most part, that is all thats voiced here. So get off the ledge, and stop taking this all so serious. For a guy who seems to not be afraid to dish it, you sure cant take it Very Happy

And Jimmy, the hilarious comment was his saying we have 3 needs and thats it. I do the same thing with the games (to the dismay of all my boys, who are all fans of the "godly" Rolling Eyes Patriots) And if there was indeed any hint of patronizing, it was that he felt the need to put that in his post as some sore of credential....its all in good fun here fellas.

Master of his Craft....Loto on the sig.

Last edited by Kcity58 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
valkrei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Kcity58 wrote:

First, don't patronize me. Second, the only other position that could possibly be considered as an absolute dire need is at ILB next to DJ and Haley and Pioli have both been quoted saying Demo, Mays and Belcher have all far exceeded their expectations and well on their way to being part of "the right 53". I can tell you right now, though, that if we can get an above average starter at RG, TE and NT, I will personally guarantee you that we will make it very close to being in the playoffs in 2010. We're a hell of a lot closer to being a good team than everyone is giving us credit for...and yes, that includes you. The fact that you can't see that is...well...one could say "hilarious". If you don't agree that we at least have a serviceable starter at every other position outside NT, TE & RG, give me an example. The only argument you have is SS and CB. Morgan deserves his chance to start, so SS is null & void...and Carr played very well this year in comparison to last year. The last time I checked, that means he is continuing to improve. Why would we want to replace an ascending player? I don't really expect a reply from you because you probably don't want me proving you wrong. I'd love to have the chance, though.

Again, don't patronize me. I don't take kindly to it.

I think you just came off a little bit like, my word is gold everyone else doesn't know. Granted I can say this ryk, u know a lot about the game and it makes sense now on the why part.

I would have to agree maybe TE is a bigger need then I previously realised.

Outside of that I would have thought RT was a bigger need then RG.
Also im curious do you think if we drafted center rudy could be a better then servicable RG? I think he would be a great guard but you watch more tape then I do.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
jimmydee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah 58, I down with that. Wink IF, and if, Weis and Haley are going to run more bubble screens and the like, the TE just became on of my top 4 needs. I think they probably will since we don't seem to have three quality starters and anyone who can strech the field.

Have a good week end guys. Goin crappie fishin..
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
I think you just came off a little bit like, my word is gold everyone else doesn't know. Granted I can say this ryk, u know a lot about the game and it makes sense now on the why part.

I would have to agree maybe TE is a bigger need then I previously realised.

Outside of that I would have thought RT was a bigger need then RG.
Also im curious do you think if we drafted center rudy could be a better then servicable RG? I think he would be a great guard but you watch more tape then I do.

Sorry about the retaliation. That's just what kind of person I am. If there's something I've done the work on to ensure myself that I know as much as possible about it and someone questions my findings/opinions and calls it "hilarious" and insulting me, I'm going to react.

I'm really glad that everyone is starting to realize that TE is a huge need for us. I've been saying that since week two.

ROC really improved ten fold over the last 4-5 games, once Charles took over as our starting RB. In fact, in the last two games of the year, I couldn't find one single play where he didn't block his man successfully. Wade Smith is serviceable, but not as anything more than a quality depth guy who can play all 5 OL positions. He usually finds himself on the ground at least 2 or 3 times a game and I remember one game where I counted 7 times...and that usually happens when he's trying to block on the move. His agility sucks. He also gets overpowered pretty easily and his footwork/hand placement is inconsistent (although that's understandable, considering he played 3 different positions this year).

I also think Rudy would make a much better RG than he would a C. But, I would definitely feel more than comfortable if he were still our starting center in 2010. He showed me something I didn't know he had at the end of last year. He was dominant in some cases, but consistent the rest of the time. Pouncey is really the only guy I'd like over Niswanger at this point, TBH.

Kcity58 wrote:
Also, how is it that you are going to prove me wrong buddy?? With more opinion?? Or stats, that if you havent figured out yet, are most times quite circumstantial. At the end of the day we are all just a bunch of dudes behind some computers that like the same team for whatever reasons. We all have opinions, and for the most part, that is all thats voiced here. So get off the ledge, and stop taking this all so serious. For a guy who seems to not be afraid to dish it, you sure cant take it Very Happy

And Jimmy, the hilarious comment was his saying we have 3 needs and thats it. I do the same thing with the games (to the dismay of all my boys, who are all fans of the "godly" Rolling Eyes Patriots) And if there was indeed any hint of patronizing, it was that he felt the need to put that in his post as some sore of credential....its all in good fun here fellas.

You basically admitted that I was right in your first paragraph of this post, so there's no longer a need to prove you wrong. You're right about the fact that all of us have our own opinions. It's when you refer to someone else' opinions as "hilarious" is when I have problems with it. I'm only "on a ledge" because you put me there. Football is my one and only obsession in life, so no...I refuse to stop taking it so serious. It's my passion and I won't ever give it up. For the record, I only "dish it" when I don't deserve to "take it". I stated my opinion and you ridiculed it. So yeah, you're gonna get a reaction out of me. Next time, try being at least a little bit respectful. I also like to think I have good credentials and a good reputation on this site because I always do extensive research on everything before I go blurting things out, unlike some people. So yes, I'm proud of that...and when someone questions the validity of my findings, I find it ridiculous and there's absolutely no reason for it. If you want to disagree with me, fine. No big deal. Don't ever patronize me again, though. It's insulting.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff guys - keep it coming Very Happy

Sig courtesy of mack.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to get in the middle of this and make this about me Very Happy , but because I respect both of ya'll, and don't want to see someone disappear for a while because of something like this, I feel I need to mediate here a little. I just want to start with saying that both of ya'll have been a little condescending, and that never helps. I'm not going to tell either of ya'll how to respond to someone as its not my place, and its a free country, but I always try to be soft in my criticisms of other peoples opinions, because as you both agreed to, no one here is an expert, and we all are just putting our opinions out there, and are at the least overlooking some of the finer points that a professional football guy wouldn't. If you truly care about changing peoples opinions on something, you have zero chance of doing that if you use language that is insulting or condescending.

I have had back and forths with both of ya'll and know that both of ya'll are very passioniate about your opinions, and we have agreed to disagree several times, but I always knew that ya'll were just trying to have a civil discussion for the benefit of both parties, and we did. As such, I know that ya'll aren't just trollers on here trying to tick people off. Can't we all just get along Very Happy .

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: