Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for Insights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • When drafting, how important is character?
  • During the draft, how active in the past have you been in trades?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?
  • What has been the downfall of your team recently?
  • Where are your largest holes this offseason?
  • What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
  • What will it take for you to win a championship?

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

Sig courtesy of mack.
midniterc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Working on a project, and could use some help from you guys. I'm going to include a questionaire below, if as many as possible could fill it out and share as much detail as possible, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Tell me about your Head Coach, his philosophies, and his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • Tell me bout your Offensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What are his tendencies? What do most people not know about him?
  • What offensive scheme do you follow in the run, pass and blocking game? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Tell me about your Defensive Coordinator, his philosophies, his style. What do most people not know about him? What are his tendencies? etc.
  • What Defensive Scheme do you follow in the front 7 as wel as in coverage? What is unique about it? What do most people not know about it?
  • Looking at your current roster, who are the up and comers? Who are future starters? Who is starting but shouldn't? Who is tradeable and their value? Who is a lifer?
  • During the offseason, how active in the past have you been at trading for veterans?

I appreciate each and every reply that I receive and promise that this information will be put to very good use in the very near future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and try to reply ASAP.

We have a new coach and a new staff. I don't know their tendencies in Washington yet because this is their first offseason together. I'll answer a few:

[*]What has been the downfall of your team recently?
Poor coaching under Coach Zorn and Poor drafting under President Joe Gibbs.
[*]Where are your largest holes this offseason?
1) RT
2) RG
3) SLB
4) FS
5) reserve LT
6) a legit #1 receiver
7) DT
[*]What are your biggest strengths this offseason?
[*]What will it take for you to win a championship?
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

midniterc wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

We have a new coach and a new staff. I don't know their tendencies in Washington yet because this is their first offseason together. I'll answer a few:

[*]What has been the downfall of your team recently?
Poor coaching under Coach Zorn and Poor drafting under President Joe Gibbs.
[*]Where are your largest holes this offseason?
1) RT
2) RG
3) SLB
4) FS
5) reserve LT
6) a legit #1 receiver
7) DT

add a lockdown CB to that list mid.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Samuels at in his recovery? Any word on his retirement?

Sig courtesy of mack.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

No official word, but it isn't looking good for #60.

- mike23md on the sig!
midniterc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

That would be great, but I'm 50/50 on that right now. A lockdown might be tough to find. Haden is the only one I see in the draft, and it might be tough to get him. The free agents will probably be franchised. My hope is that with a new defense and a new system, the ones we have will be good enough. Under Blache, I thought it was terrible that when the opposing team was lined up on offense, you could not see a Washington CB on the TV screen. They were playing way too far back. I think that system alone hurt Rogers. Rogers said in an interview that he would be much more comfortable playing close to the WR. While I agree that we don't have a lockdown WR, I am hoping that the ones we have will be much more effective this year.
midniterc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

From what I have read, things are looking positive. There are two reasons to retire, either you want to retire, or you have to retire. In October, Samuels was told by one set of doctors that he should retire. And being that Washington had a bad situation with the team and how it was being coached, it was so easy to walk away from that bad situation.

A few weeks after his first exam, he went to a different set of doctors that told him that it was not that bad and that he should get some rest and re-evaluate at a later time. Apparently that time is supposed to be sometime in February. Nothing more has been said as to what the exact date is. Free agency starts on March 5. That might be the time when an official announcement is made.

Right now, Samuels is a Redskin. If that changes, i.e. "retirement", then I'm sure he would want to tell the world and start collecting his accolades. Now that Shanahan and Allen are in charge, many Redskins players are starting to see positive change. Samuels has said publicly that he wants to return. And the most positive thing of all that I've seen is that he is working out at Redskins Park. Just by human nature, most people don't retire from a company, then go back there and work for free. A retired Samuels would probably be back in Alabama with family, taking it easy and doing the fun things that retired people like to do.

There is no definite answer one way or another. Samuels is putting his future into the hands of a medical staff. As for Samuels' desire, he wants to come back, and that's half the battle.
midniterc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

Sorry. I forgot to answer these.

Quote:

The new coach and general manager. I don't know if they will make the right personnel changes. Time will tell. But they are bringing about a better spirit of knowledge, respect and discipline. Also, the fact that we have an owner that does not mind spending and that we are in an uncapped year. That will allow more changes without cap ramifications.

Quote:

Patience!
big44dog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

midniterc wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

That would be great, but I'm 50/50 on that right now. A lockdown might be tough to find. Haden is the only one I see in the draft, and it might be tough to get him. The free agents will probably be franchised. My hope is that with a new defense and a new system, the ones we have will be good enough. Under Blache, I thought it was terrible that when the opposing team was lined up on offense, you could not see a Washington CB on the TV screen. They were playing way too far back. I think that system alone hurt Rogers. Rogers said in an interview that he would be much more comfortable playing close to the WR. While I agree that we don't have a lockdown WR, I am hoping that the ones we have will be much more effective this year.

My fiance` actually asked once "Babe, where are the guys that are supposed to cover the receivers?" I answered "Youll see them as soon as the receiver runs his 10 yard (a 10 yard hook later) hook @#$!-ing route." I still shake my head at what the thinking was behind that. As far as need for a lockdown corner. Look at the CB's of the 2 super bowl teams. Above average at best. The Giants won a super bowl with corners who were exposed as the scrubs they are when thier pass rush faltered this year. It is defiantely possible to win big without a big time corner. IMO we have the talent, established and young, at the position. As for Rogers, at the start of 2008 when he was in WR's faces he was being touted very highly, almost Revis-esque
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

That's true bigdog. All of our cbs do play best in press coverage. If we do keep Rogers or even if we don't I hope we go back to more press coverage. We all know Hall, Smoot, Rogers and Barnes playe best that way. Its hard to cover a wr when you give them 10 yds to work with right away. We need to get back to being aggressive on D like when GW was here. We do that and I guarentee we will win more games.

big44dog wrote:
midniterc wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

My fiance` actually asked once "Babe, where are the guys that are supposed to cover the receivers?" I answered "Youll see them as soon as the receiver runs his 10 yard (a 10 yard hook later) hook @#$!-ing route." I still shake my head at what the thinking was behind that. As far as need for a lockdown corner. Look at the CB's of the 2 super bowl teams. Above average at best. The Giants won a super bowl with corners who were exposed as the scrubs they are when thier pass rush faltered this year. It is defiantely possible to win big without a big time corner. IMO we have the talent, established and young, at the position. As for Rogers, at the start of 2008 when he was in WR's faces he was being touted very highly, almost Revis-esque

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
midniterc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kinda hard to say which players will be great and which players may need to be replaced. There will be a new defense and a new offense. Some players will adapt and some will fail. Some people want to trade away top ten picks like Rogers and Landry for basically nothing. I would rather wait and see if it is the players or the old system that is to blame. After the first year under Shanahan, things will be much more clear as to who needs to be replaced.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Insights Reply with quote

midniterc wrote:
Sorry. I forgot to answer these.

Quote:

The new coach and general manager. I don't know if they will make the right personnel changes. Time will tell. But they are bringing about a better spirit of knowledge, respect and discipline.

We hope. Accoutantability would be nice as well.

Quote:
Also, the fact that we have an owner that does not mind spending and that we are in an uncapped year. That will allow more changes without cap ramifications.

We can argue whether this a strength or weakness given the paucity of talent in the free agency market at this point. When teams start dumping players, it might get more interesting.

Quote:
Quote:

Patience!

Indeed.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it coming guys - great stuff

Sig courtesy of mack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: