Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cerrato was at the UAB pro day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sootedpair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Cerrato was at the UAB pro day Reply with quote

Anyone think that they're considering Roddy White? Will he make it to the 3rd round?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#uab
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would be a really good fir they may trade down and get him but he will not be on the board in the 3rd rd sorry.
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddy White would be a good choice to pick up in the draft, but he's most likely a late late 1st or a solid 2nd rnd pick. I say we move back a couple of times to get 1 or maybe 2 second rounders. Dont know if this will work but trade our 1st rnd to the saints for their first and second rnd pk. Then trade again with seattle for their 1st and second by giving them our first from the saints and rod gardner and maybe a late rnd pick. that way we can pick up a CB in the first like justin miller, then in the second rnd pick up roddy white at WR and also Barrett Ruud at MLB (his stock is rising). That would fill our three major spots on the team assuming we sign brown.
e16bball

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all well and good to want to trade back, but for it to work, someone has to be willing to give up some pretty good stuff (2nd round pick, etc) in order to move up. I don't see a lot of teams wanting to move up in this draft. This draft is widely noted for being very deep, but also very thin at the top. Aside from the 2 QBs, the RBs, the 2 WRs, D. Johnson, and perhaps Rolle or Pac-Man, there are very few guys worth giving up more picks in order to get. I could see us trading down perhaps once, but I don't think we will be able to move down again.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
It's all well and good to want to trade back, but for it to work, someone has to be willing to give up some pretty good stuff (2nd round pick, etc) in order to move up. I don't see a lot of teams wanting to move up in this draft. This draft is widely noted for being very deep, but also very thin at the top. Aside from the 2 QBs, the RBs, the 2 WRs, D. Johnson, and perhaps Rolle or Pac-Man, there are very few guys worth giving up more picks in order to get. I could see us trading down perhaps once, but I don't think we will be able to move down again.

I think the Skins are in the perfect position for a trade down. One or two of those guys you mentioned will be there at 9 (I'd put Alex Barron in that group too), and somebody will probably want to come up and get them.
e16bball

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. I mean I think we could trade down from 9. But people are talking about trading down a couple times, which just won't happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: