Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This is impressive!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrClean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: This is impressive!!! Reply with quote

NFL | Merriman Climbing the Charts - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:58:49 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports NFL Draft prospect DL Shawne Merriman (Maryland) is on the rise, as he showed what an incredible athlete he is at his school's pro day. Merriman (6-4 3/8, 274) had 4.57-4.65 times in the 40-yard dash, a 40-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-1 broad jump. Merriman could be moved to OLB in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, or simply stick as a defensive end in a 4-3 system.

Those are some great stats!!!!

I have a question and I know this is kind of a reach. Let's say Edwards, Williams, DJ, and Merriman are all gone at 7. Have you every heard of a team taking a CB and changing him to S his rookie year. I love this guy Rolle, and he's big enough, and hits hard enough to play saftey, and it's rumored that we want Chavous to restucture his contract. How far of a reach do you think that would be to draft him and put him at saftey? Think about it?
macksb13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: i agree Reply with quote

I love Chavous but if we can get Rolle to play safety it would be awsome. He has the playmaking skills of Ed Reed. I saw almost every Miami game last year and this guy can play. If all our top choices are gone at 7 i think we should take him over a running back.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I wanted us to get Rolle and put him at FS.........but then we got sharper.......... and I don't think Rolle can plas SS.
LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't disagree more. If all of our first tier options are gone, we need to go with Cedric Benson or Cadillac Williams, actually, I might consider going with them over anybody other than DJ or Merriman. Cedric Benson is the kind of back we need to anchor our soon to be run-oriented offensive philosophy. I can't keep saying it enough, DO NOT BE SURPRISED if the Vikes take one of the big three backs. It will probably happen.
ezra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we should trade down a try to get some more picks because anyone we take that high won't be worth it to the team so we trade for more picks and then take Ernest shazor with the 18th pick
LoverInTheCold

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor won't go in the first round. He is a heck of a player and I would love for him to be in purple next year, but he won't go in the first.
common cents

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if dj-merriman-williams-edwards are gone.

trade down and with our two first rounders draft from this lot...

marcus spears-troy williamson-thomas davis-kevin burnett-erasmus james-

somewhere around the 12 pick and a 2nd rounder would be adequate.
missingmoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with LoverintheCold. Benson is really a stud. I know everyone loves our backs, but Moore was hurt his senior year in college and again last year. Smith is a risk because he is one toke away from a suspension of a year. I like Moore and Smith, but I don't expect to see either in the Pro Bowl next year. I think Benson or Williams could be 1400 yard 12-15TD guys.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigRich3113 wrote:
yea I wanted us to get Rolle and put him at FS.........but then we got sharper.......... and I don't think Rolle can plas SS.

Move Sharper to SS. I can tell you that Sharper has been changing between FS and SS throughout his career, it just depends on who he is playing with. Antwain Edwards played FS while Sharper was at SS, then Roman and I think he stayed at SS. I could be wrong, but I think he has played SS the past few years.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merriman
dj
m williams
c benson
b edwards
r brown
a rolle

one of these guys is sure to be there at #7
so it looks good no matter what the pick , any one of these will better our team
Nykooo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate to get one of the back, no matter what we say, there is absolutely no need and with the market value of Edgerrin James and Stephen Alexander our backs have close to no value. Basically, they would not fetch much more than a 4th, 5th or even less.

So we would be stucked with them unless we let them go. We are already a very good football club with our running back, I don't think we could be much better. So basically, I'd have to say if Johnson, Merriman, Williams and Edwards are off the board, we will have too take a good long look at Rolle or another guy on defense. I sure don't see us picking one of the QB. I don't see us taking a back.

Who would be availible then?

Let's assume one of the QB's gone :

We would have : Mike Williams, Derrick Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Shane Merriman, Aaron Rodgers or Alex Smith gone with 1 pick left before us.

On this site the remaining top prospect include :

Ronnie Brown, RB
Antrel Rolle, CB
Carlos Rogers, CB
Cadillac Williams, RB
Jammal Brown, OT
Marcus Spears, DE
Alex Smith, QB or Aaron Rodgers, QB

of these prospect I'd skip the QB and the RB. I'd expect us to take some Rolle or Carlos Rogers since the team seem to love him and he's sky rocketing through the boards.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: