You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predicted Depth Chart

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lacydog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Predicted Depth Chart Reply with quote

I've been thinking of our team this next year. So, I'm making a few predictions.
* = Rookie
^ = FA Acquisition

QB: Dilfer^, McCown, Harris - Nobody will be drafted this year, maybe next year. McCown is a better fit for the offense, so he'll be the backup

RB - C.Taylor^/Suggs, William Green - Taylor and Suggs will be a great team at RB. Green will be kept solely because he isn't expensive and he's a great 3rd RB

FB T. Smith, B. Miller - The best FB in the NFL. Miller beats out McIntyre because of size

TE Winslow Jr, Heiden, Shea - One of the best TE groups in the NFL

WR A.Davis, Bryant, Northcutt, F.Jackson, Alston - Davis and Bryant will be a good WR combo for Dilfer to throw to with Winslow. Northcutt can be a good deep reciever, and Frisman is a solid possesion guy with the abilty to come around and throw the option. Alston returns kicks.

OT Verba, Tucker, Terry*, Greg Randall^ - Terry and Randall will be very good as backups (Randall played for NE last year), and TnT will do a good job as the anchors

OG Coleman^, Andruzzi^, Phil Bogle^, Cook - Cook and DeMar did well filling in last year, enough to earn a backup spot. Bogle is a FA signing who will probably be used. Coleman and Andruzzi will hugely upgrade a position desperately needed

C Faine, Fowler - Faine keeps his job. Fowler isn't that good.

DEFENSE
NT - Fisk^, Bryant* - Good NTs here. Bryant may take over for Fisk, who is probably just a stopgap

DE - Roye, Douglas^, Lang, Ekuban - It's hard to say who stays and goes here. I'd like to keep McKinley, Word and CB but they aren't going to be needed. Roye and Douglas will do quite well, Lang and Ekuban will play loads off the bench.

OLB - Stewart^, Merriman*, B.Taylor, C.Thompson, Westmooreland - GREAT OLBs here. Good depth, too.

MLB - Andra Davis, Lance Mitchell*, Boyer, Unck - Boyer makes the jump to MLB, and splits time w/ Mitchell. Unck will be used little, but will make an impact on Spec. Teams (9 LBs in total

CB - Cutch, Baxter^, McFadden*, Bodden - Bodden won't play much. McFadden will play a lot, as NB and as the often used backup.

SS - Jones, James Boyd^ - Boyd was signed under the radar, much like Randall and Bogle. He'll be key if he's backing up the inexperienced S's we have

FS- Crocker, Little - Little is kept, but he's not going to stay long. Crocker may be the weak link in the D.

K: Dawson
P: Kyle Richardson^
LS: Pointbriand

Sounds pretty solid to me.
*BTW this doesn't include the 5th, 6th and 7th round picks. I have no idea who they may be or if they'll play. My best guess is a 6th WR, a S, CB and maybe a OL. They'd all be borderline on Practice Squad/Pinerider anyway.

*EDIT - Sorry, I meant Westmoreland, not Holdman.

Last edited by lacydog on Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont have Holdman anymore
MusingsFromBigPink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Lacy, help me out here Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd like to keep McKinley, Word and CB but they aren't going to be needed.

Lacy, your depth chart is interesting and well thought out, if a little optomistic, but please, please, please. . . stop referencing Mark Word in your Browns' posts. One more time: Mark Word is an Oakland Raider (barely). He last played for the Cleveland Browns in 2003. He is not on their team; he has not been on their team for quite some time now. Please -- enough with the Mark Word!

Sheez.

ps: Westmoreland also is an unrestricted free agent. Maybe you meant Chip Banks?
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
RB - C.Taylor^/Suggs, William Green - Taylor and Suggs will be a great team at RB. Green will be kept solely because he isn't expensive and he's a great 3rd RB

I guarantee that Taylor will not start over Suggs... probably Willy Green, but Def. not Suggs...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
lacydog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To MusingsFromBigPink: Sorry, I just noticed you saying that now. Trying to go through this entire forum of posts would be too much work, so i just scan. Sorry if I missed ya saying that. Didn't know.

DB41- Notice the slash on that one. Meaning, they'll probably split carries. I think Suggs will get the bulk, but with his past as an injury-prone back, I can't say that I'd run him 30 times a game. Taylor will see plenty of action. Though Suggs should still get over 1,000 which would be the first RB to do so in the new Browns era.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DB41- Notice the slash on that one

sorry bout that I didnt see that....

This is called TRUTH!

Bart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes in a game on Sunday, the RB's take hold of figuring a defense. One may where one doesn't. We now have three angles.

I like this chart. But don't love it.

You almost admitted WR is be (OK). Remember MJ got hurt early and learned. If, and still if at this time, K2 is everything his dad or Ozzie was, which we all are thinking, I still think in years ahead, what an addition it would be to through Mike Williams and K2 against them in the red zone.

The Browns have a true possibility to develop a true weapon right now for years to come.

Before you write about Edwards, I know he is awesome. But Williams is so much better and twice as much on Sundays.

Come the day after draft day. Teams are going to say, Hmmmmm. How are we going to stop K2 and Williams at the same time we stop Suggs, Green and Chester behind the best FB Smith.

This offense is hot.
MusingsFromBigPink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Mike Williams Reply with quote

Quote:
what an addition it would be to through Mike Williams and K2 against them in the red zone.

My thoughts exactly. There are many other holes to be filled, but I can't help but daydream about that pair of giant, athletic receivers. The rest of the group would slot in perfectly behind them: Andre Davis the sleek deep threat; Northcutt the quick, elusive slot man; Bryant a perfect counterpoint to Northcutt in 3 and 4 WR sets; Heiden a bigger, more physical TE in 2 TE sets. Throw in an improved O line with Suggs/Taylor at RB and T. Smith at FB, we might really have something there.
lacydog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know why anyone thinks Braylon is better than Williams. I know he's faster, but he has a bit of a reputation for not being physical and dropping some easy passes. He didn't exactly shine in the Rose Bowl (though Breaston did). I think he'll be a good WR, but not nearly as good as Williams.

Braylon may be faster on a track, but Mike Williams is plenty fast, and is more physical. If we don't trade, Williams should be the pick.
Candawg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lacydog wrote:
I really don't know why anyone thinks Braylon is better than Williams. I know he's faster, but he has a bit of a reputation for not being physical and dropping some easy passes. He didn't exactly shine in the Rose Bowl (though Breaston did).

Didn't shine in the Rose Bowl? Are you nuts?
I guess you didn't even watch the game.
Edwards' three scoring catches set a game record. Breaston caught 3 passes to Edwards 10.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Game Recap Click Here
lacydog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of fact I did (As a OSU fan, I love watching the Maze'n'Blue lose). I saw the first and fourth quarter, and he was ABSENT. He made a few drops. Breaston was actually better.
I suppose I'm just biased because I'm a Luckeye fan, but he didn't look that great to me.
Then again, I didn't see the whole thing.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Bucks

This is called TRUTH!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: