Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harper not happy with contract...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Harper not happy with contract... Reply with quote

kffl.com

Quote:
Colts | N. Harper not happy with his contract; skips voluntary program
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 06:25:59 -0700

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts CB Nick Harper is dissatisfied with a contract that will pay him $1 million in 2006 and wants nothing to do with the team until the situation is rectified. He skipped the start of the team's voluntary offseason workouts Monday, April 3. "Something's got to give, 'cause I'm not happy,'' said Harper, who has started 42 of a possible 48 regular season games the past three seasons. "They know they've got a starting corner dirt cheap. If they can't give me the money I deserve, release me and somebody else will.'' Harper has expressed his displeasure with team president Bill Polian and head coach Tony Dungy. Harper isn't certain where his impasse will lead. He's adamant he won't participate in the mandatory minicamp in May even though that will result in a fine. The next decisions are whether to participate in summer school, which is voluntary, and report for training camp in July, which is mandatory.

Props to Kempes on the sig.
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yet another reason why cornerback should be addressed in the first 3 rounds

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The players dont hold the cards in this game. We can keep him and make him suffer if hes going to be an idiot about making 1 million dollars, while my family works twice as hard and can barely live. Not to mention he is one of the most disfunctiuonal players on this team, and his life away from football is a liability (getting stabbed in the leg by his wife!!!)
I say trade the pain in the a$$, i would start Jackson and Davids and trade him away to another team for a draft pick or a decent player.

Hank Hill wrote:
Is there anything beer can't do?

Don't Click Here!
Colts21steal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, for his production the Colt's have Harper for a pretty good deal, but if it wasn't for the Colt's and their organization giving him a shot he wouldn't be in the NFL right now...he's a selfish player but I think he will still play next year.

:Colts: on the sig!!!
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts21steal wrote:
Yeah, for his production the Colt's have Harper for a pretty good deal, but if it wasn't for the Colt's and their organization giving him a shot he wouldn't be in the NFL right now...he's a selfish player but I think he will still play next year.

yes but will he play for us? We need money for draft picks and i personally think he is expendable.... Trade the Whiny pain.

Hank Hill wrote:
Is there anything beer can't do?

Don't Click Here!
zook_05

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to just man up and play the game, put in the work, then when his contract is up he will be rewarded, but not until then

Sig compliments of IndyColt#88.....hit him up for your needs

J.Zook
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: