You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Under the radar

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lacydog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Under the radar Reply with quote

I've been looking at ClevelandBrowns.com, and I noticed that besides Baxter, Coleman, Andruzzi, Dilfer, Richardson and Stewart, we've signed a few other guys who've gone unnoticed.

OG Phil Bogle (6'3 332, 2nd year, New Haven, 25 yrs old) - Started 13 out of 15 games in '03 for San Diego. Didn't play in 04 (Practice squad, then waved). Could be a solid backup

S James Boyd (5-11, 208, 2nd Year, Penn St., 27 yrs) - Hasn't played the last 2 years. Was a 3rd rounder by JAX. Could be key if he's backing up Crocker and Jones

OT Greg Randall (6-5. 322, 5th year, Mich St., 26 yrs) - Didn't play last year. In 03, was Houston's starting RT for all 16 games. 51 games, 39 starts career. Orig. Drafted by New England in the 4th

LB - Jamal Brooks (6-2, 225, 2nd Year, Hampton, 29 yrs) - Hasn't played in two years. Only has started one game. Likely to be cut before the reg. season.

None of these guys are superstars or starters, but they could be key backups. Especially Randall and Boyd.
bruceb723

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Under the Radar Reply with quote

Hey all you guys out there: Lacy evidently has way too much time on her hands but, as a result, comes up with a lot better insight into all of this than the rest of us combined!
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were all signed before Andruzzi, as soon as the waiver wires opened. Phil had them targeted for a while, apparently.

Didn't know anything about them, so thanks for the scouting report.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randall is a real nice pickup...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
Browns...Someday

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't notice. thanks for the info
lacydog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, guy not girl. Lacy was the name of my family dog. She's gone now. My name is Matt. Understandable though...
Secondly, thank you. Yes, I do have too much time.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm pumped for the Lacydog draft...

This is called TRUTH!

Bart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You named yourself after your dog? That's cool... so did Indiana. If you are 1/2 as cool, gotta love your way about it.

Thanks for the info and keep the hits coming.

Could you respond to your thoughts about the team if we picked M. Williams with the 3rd pick. If you defer, please give me anyone but Edwards even though he is good.

Thanks for the thoughts.

I think one of the players mentioned will be cut. But Savage is working from the bottom up. Do you agree?
lacydog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it before, if we're drafting BPA, Mike Williams would be that. The scouts were reportedly VERY impressed by him at the combine. He was a top 3 pick in last years draft, which was much more stacked than this years. The only real knock against him (he's physical, has great hands, and has good speed) is that he was out for a year. I think Mike is the best player in this draft, period.
So if we're drafting BPA, and that is the prefered formula of Mr. Savage, Williams is the guy.
The only thing I can really say against that is that we might be better off trading down and getting Merriman and another guy in the second. However, Merriman and just about everyone else in the draft would need development time. The guy who can make the most impact now, in my eyes, is Mike Williams. Down the line, Merriman and a CB or LB might be better, though.
Since I don't have any real pro scouting reports, I'll defer that choice to Savage and Crennel.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the years to come. Browns will win the SUPER BOWL AGAIN.

Bart, The Browns have never won a Super Bowl.... We won the Championship the year before the first super Bowl...

This is called TRUTH!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: