Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 10 Worst NFL Postseason Quarterbacks...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Colsrob


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 1400
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-prime-time- wrote:
DWillyMVP wrote:
So because he isn't in the top ten of worst quarterbacks of all-time in the postseason, that means he isn't bad in the postseason?

Does that logic still work if I say, he isn't top ten when it comes down to the greatest quarterbacks of all time, so he isn't a good quarterback?

Just saying. I agree with you, kinda, but I fail to see how that proves anything other than he isn't one of the ten worst in postseason history.


because I have been reading TONS of "Romo is the biggest choker ever blah blah blah..."

gets old...and I am sure most of the idiots doing that praise half the QBs listed there...

Romo has only been playing a few years...give him time fellas, stop pretending he has choked up more games than Mcnabb has...


Man, you sure do get your panties in twist over meaningless comment.

Just about every day there is thread started by you defending someone/something about the Cowboys. We get it! You like the Cowboys and don't think anyone in the league is better than any of them at their prospective positions.

And we all know that bias has no bearing on your thought process either.

Besides all that, none of those guys on the list have less than 7 appearances in the playoffs. How about waiting until Romo has a decent enough sample size before declaring him to be a great PO QB? His name should not even be mentioned in the same sentence with most of those guys, as far as career accomplishments go. The least of which being Kelly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46599
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
WarnerHOF wrote:
Well considering Peyton Manning only has a 8-8 playoff record and won a ring mainly because of his defense and Rex Grossman...


Hes also the only qb to ever beat #1,2, &3 defense to win superbowl.

Holds the record for biggest comeback in championship history.

Hes #5 alltime in yards, and top 10 in TD's (Postseason history)

4th conference title game (Top 5 all time)

O yeah, did i mention he also holds the record for the best game by a qb. *Most Yards *Highest QB rating *2nd highest td in a playoff game

Cant really argue against a QB that holds pretty much every playoff record.


How many awful games did he have in the postseason?
Nothing you say can stand in the way of mozwanted's unbridled man-lust for Peyton Manning! NOTHING!
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Willink


Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 11486
Location: Albany, NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why they have to hate on Dave Krieg, I loved the guy.

Mad

I'd throw Jaws on there, he was 4-5, completed 46.5% of his passes, had 10 TD's and 10 INT for a QB rating of 63.4 and had four games with a QB rating of under 50, including one of the worst playoff performances by a QB in NFL history in his 9 of 29, 91 yard, 2 INT, 12.3 QB rating winning performance over Dallas.
_________________

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Piro


Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Posts: 15
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
WarnerHOF wrote:
Well considering Peyton Manning only has a 8-8 playoff record and won a ring mainly because of his defense and Rex Grossman...


Hes also the only qb to ever beat #1,2, &3 defense to win superbowl.

Holds the record for biggest comeback in championship history.

Hes #5 alltime in yards, and top 10 in TD's (Postseason history)

4th conference title game (Top 5 all time)

O yeah, did i mention he also holds the record for the best game by a qb. *Most Yards *Highest QB rating *2nd highest td in a playoff game

Cant really argue against a QB that holds pretty much every playoff record.


How many awful games did he have in the postseason?


Depends on how you define awful. For comparison's sake, let's take a QB that most people consider to be a great play-off QB--Tom Brady.

Throughout his post-season career, Brady has compiled the following:

62% cpct, 228 yds/game, 6.45 YPA, 28 TD, 15 INT, 85.47 QB rating

Peyton's line looks like this:

62% cpct, 297 yds/game, 7.33 YPA, 24 TD, 18 INT, 85.03 QB rating.

Without considering any intangible or qualitative aspects (I would venture to say that both would be similar anyway), you can hazard a guess that both performed strikingly similar in the playoffs. What makes you think he's a particularly bad play-off QB?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-prime-time-


Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 178
Location: Dallas
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colsrob wrote:
-prime-time- wrote:
DWillyMVP wrote:
So because he isn't in the top ten of worst quarterbacks of all-time in the postseason, that means he isn't bad in the postseason?

Does that logic still work if I say, he isn't top ten when it comes down to the greatest quarterbacks of all time, so he isn't a good quarterback?

Just saying. I agree with you, kinda, but I fail to see how that proves anything other than he isn't one of the ten worst in postseason history.


because I have been reading TONS of "Romo is the biggest choker ever blah blah blah..."

gets old...and I am sure most of the idiots doing that praise half the QBs listed there...

Romo has only been playing a few years...give him time fellas, stop pretending he has choked up more games than Mcnabb has...


Man, you sure do get your panties in twist over meaningless comment.

Just about every day there is thread started by you defending someone/something about the Cowboys. We get it! You like the Cowboys and don't think anyone in the league is better than any of them at their prospective positions.

And we all know that bias has no bearing on your thought process either.

Besides all that, none of those guys on the list have less than 7 appearances in the playoffs. How about waiting until Romo has a decent enough sample size before declaring him to be a great PO QB? His name should not even be mentioned in the same sentence with most of those guys, as far as career accomplishments go. The least of which being Kelly.

pretty sure this is my 2nd thread ever made in here...

and the "larger sample size" is what I am trying to tell people also...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22531
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-prime-time- wrote:
Colsrob wrote:
-prime-time- wrote:
DWillyMVP wrote:
So because he isn't in the top ten of worst quarterbacks of all-time in the postseason, that means he isn't bad in the postseason?

Does that logic still work if I say, he isn't top ten when it comes down to the greatest quarterbacks of all time, so he isn't a good quarterback?

Just saying. I agree with you, kinda, but I fail to see how that proves anything other than he isn't one of the ten worst in postseason history.


because I have been reading TONS of "Romo is the biggest choker ever blah blah blah..."

gets old...and I am sure most of the idiots doing that praise half the QBs listed there...

Romo has only been playing a few years...give him time fellas, stop pretending he has choked up more games than Mcnabb has...


Man, you sure do get your panties in twist over meaningless comment.

Just about every day there is thread started by you defending someone/something about the Cowboys. We get it! You like the Cowboys and don't think anyone in the league is better than any of them at their prospective positions.

And we all know that bias has no bearing on your thought process either.

Besides all that, none of those guys on the list have less than 7 appearances in the playoffs. How about waiting until Romo has a decent enough sample size before declaring him to be a great PO QB? His name should not even be mentioned in the same sentence with most of those guys, as far as career accomplishments go. The least of which being Kelly.

pretty sure this is my 2nd thread ever made in here...

and the "larger sample size" is what I am trying to tell people also...


If your going to excuse and justify Romo being 1-4 and not on the list because he's only played 5 games (qualifies by your own criteria by the way) don't compare him to (McNabb, Kelly, Marino) with 3x the playoff experience and 2 of the 3 with a winning record. Until Romo "sniffs" a NFCCG/SB don't ever compare him to those 3 in a positive way!!!
_________________


Last edited by Nabbs4u on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29011
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I think calling Romo a choke artist/bad playoff QB is a little unfair and early.

I also think putting up a list of QBs who played in lots of playoff games for years to compare to Romo is also dumb
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TJ_Titans


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 4205
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about this guy?
Jake Delhomme
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44683
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
one of the worst playoff performances by a QB in NFL history in his 9 of 29, 91 yard, 2 INT, 12.3 QB rating winning performance over Dallas.


I hate you for bringing that back up ... Wink

Sounds like Joe Flacco's 4/10 34yd 1INT 10.0 QBR winning performance over New England
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mozwanted


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 16955
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nothing you say can stand in the way of mozwanted's unbridled man-lust for Peyton Manning! NOTHING!


This is coming from the biggest tom brady homer? Everything i have said has become true. Brady will never win another superbowl. He won 3 his first 4 seasons without having to carry a team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
reissing87jets


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 3825
Location: Manchester, England.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ_Titans wrote:
What about this guy?
Jake Delhomme


He had that one terrible game other than that, Delhomme was very good in the postseason.
_________________
Adopt a Jet - Clyde Gates
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
DWillyMVP


Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Posts: 3321
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-prime-time- wrote:
DWillyMVP wrote:
So because he isn't in the top ten of worst quarterbacks of all-time in the postseason, that means he isn't bad in the postseason?

Does that logic still work if I say, he isn't top ten when it comes down to the greatest quarterbacks of all time, so he isn't a good quarterback?

Just saying. I agree with you, kinda, but I fail to see how that proves anything other than he isn't one of the ten worst in postseason history.


because I have been reading TONS of "Romo is the biggest choker ever blah blah blah..."

gets old...and I am sure most of the idiots doing that praise half the QBs listed there...

Romo has only been playing a few years...give him time fellas, stop pretending he has choked up more games than Mcnabb has...

I've always like Romo, but it seems lately a lot of Cowboy fans are acting like people are bashing Tony Romo to death when actually, it seems like most of this site, not all, but most seem to think he's a top ten quarterback. Where has anybody said Romo is the biggest choker ever? Exaggeration?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
KingofSTATS


Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 9262
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyinDawkins wrote:
Philip Rivers has to be on this list over McNabb. Look at his numbers: 3-4, 58.5 completion percentage, 8 TDs to 9 INTs, 79.2 QB rating.

And Rivers has had everything going for him - a great running game, excellent receivers, and a very good defense. McNabb has had zero receivers, no running game, and a very good defense. And as for that 2003 NFCCG, two of McNabb's INTs hit his receivers in their hands and they tipped them into the hands of defenders while the third was the WR (Todd Pinkston) refusing to run a slant in the face of press coverage so the ball went right to a defender. None of Donovan's 3 INTs that game were his fault. He's had his bad games, sure, but no QB in history could have done better that game with that slop at receiver.

But the bottom line is that McNabb has taken his team farther than they should go based on their talent, whereas Rivers just craps the bed in almost every game in the postseason. Rivers is a downright terrible postseason QB. And yes, he is worse than Romo otherwise it would be Tony at 10.


The fact that you said Rivers has had great running game in the playoffs, proves you speak non-sense and seem to just be a hater.

In his last 6 playoff games his running game has avg'ed 60 yds rushing.

Mcnabb has had a better defense in the playoffs and lessor opponents. Rivers meanwhile has faced THREE #1 defenses a #2 a #4 a #5 and a #7 defense in all of his 7 playoff games.

Rivers is much better than Mcnabb in reg season, overall and in the playoffs.

Any time Mcnabb and Philly has had success in the playoffs they were #2, #2, #2, #4, #4 and #7 in PPG on defense.

Best Rivers ever had was #5 in 07 and he lost to 17-0 Pats on 2 bad knees.
_________________


How QB's Should Truly be Judged Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobikus


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 8620
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piro wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
WarnerHOF wrote:
Well considering Peyton Manning only has a 8-8 playoff record and won a ring mainly because of his defense and Rex Grossman...


Hes also the only qb to ever beat #1,2, &3 defense to win superbowl.

Holds the record for biggest comeback in championship history.

Hes #5 alltime in yards, and top 10 in TD's (Postseason history)

4th conference title game (Top 5 all time)

O yeah, did i mention he also holds the record for the best game by a qb. *Most Yards *Highest QB rating *2nd highest td in a playoff game

Cant really argue against a QB that holds pretty much every playoff record.


How many awful games did he have in the postseason?


Depends on how you define awful. For comparison's sake, let's take a QB that most people consider to be a great play-off QB--Tom Brady.

Throughout his post-season career, Brady has compiled the following:

62% cpct, 228 yds/game, 6.45 YPA, 28 TD, 15 INT, 85.47 QB rating

Peyton's line looks like this:

62% cpct, 297 yds/game, 7.33 YPA, 24 TD, 18 INT, 85.03 QB rating.

Without considering any intangible or qualitative aspects (I would venture to say that both would be similar anyway), you can hazard a guess that both performed strikingly similar in the playoffs. What makes you think he's a particularly bad play-off QB?


Brady has been a lot more consistent at not playing awful, he just doesn't blow out teams in the postseason either. The lowest rating Brady had in a game up until the Chargers game in 07 was 73.3. He's fallen below that mark 3 times, all 07 or later. He's only had 3 games below a 70 QBR. Manning has had 6 games below 70, and had 3 games below 40 (Brady's 49.1 against the Ravens was his worst postseason game)

Manning's also struggled in close postseason games. He's 2-5 in the postseason in games decided by one possession. Brady is 7-2. For all the talks about Brady's defense, Brady's team has scored at least 20 points in 12 of 18 postseason games, the lowest game being 13 points. Peyton's team has scored 20 or more 8 times in 16 games, has twice scored single digits, including a shut-out.

The big thing on Brady was just how good he was in his 3 first 3 years, with 11 TDs to 3 INTs in his first 9 posteason games. Manning's never had that sort of consistency.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anti404


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 1511
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning was having some of his best performances before the infamous game that has caused the after 5 yards penalty to actually be enforced in games. from 158.3 to 138.8 with 8 touchdowns and a single sack to 35.5 with 1 touchdown, 4 interceptions, and 4 sacks against NE. in '04, his game against NE wasn't terrible, but the entire offense was completely stagnant. also, the game prior to that he posted like a 130+ rating. in '05, against PIT, he had a solid game and led to the game-tying FG, which Vanderjagt, the most accurate kicker in league history at the time, botched horribly. in '06, his game against KC looks terrible, but there were a lot of unfortunate picks, and aside from that he played a fairly solid game, and his game against the Ravens was terrible as well, but they had a great defense and we ended up winning the AFCC and SB with some Manning heroics and solid team play.
his past three post season games haven't been too bad, I must say, with a solid to very good range of 87.9 to 97.7.

in a lot of his early career, he did indeed struggle, but if you look at the boxscores and actually watched the games, you would realize it was more of a complete team meltdown than just him losing the game for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group