Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"The Secret" (taken from Bill Simmons' Basketball
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PGeorge2


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 1716
Location: Columbia, MO
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlaskaMagnum wrote:
broncos67 wrote:


Funny you don't give that same advice to Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler or Tony Scheffler. Give me a break. At least the growing up part.


McDaniels is the head coach, he is suppossed to be the man, the leader, the rising and the setting sun. I EXPECT the kids to act like 25 year old kids gettting paid a king's ransom for playing a kid's game. I EXPECT the HEAD COACH to conduct himself like a professional and a man, and to figure out how to make these kids tow the stupid line. It is his job to keep these KIDS firing on all cylinders and on the right path. Sad that he cannot mentor and coach, only bullly and intimidate. Even sadder that he airs all of our teams dirty laundry for trail in the media. His nickname should be DRAMA.


But the professional athletes get a pass? They are kids at 25 but he's not a kid at 33? Why do these kids at 25, who have had four years of football in college, and 4 in the pro's, need so much mentoring and guidance. Quit giving them a pass and tell them to grow the - up and act like men.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21672
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlaskaMagnum wrote:
broncos67 wrote:


Funny you don't give that same advice to Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler or Tony Scheffler. Give me a break. At least the growing up part.


McDaniels is the head coach, he is suppossed to be the man, the leader, the rising and the setting sun. I EXPECT the kids to act like 25 year old kids gettting paid a king's ransom for playing a kid's game. I EXPECT the HEAD COACH to conduct himself like a professional and a man, and to figure out how to make these kids tow the stupid line. It is his job to keep these KIDS firing on all cylinders and on the right path. Sad that he cannot mentor and coach, only bullly and intimidate. Even sadder that he airs all of our teams dirty laundry for trail in the media. His nickname should be DRAMA.


Please. That's a straw man argument. If you expect the HC to act like a man, these guys should too. This isn't college or high school, it's the pro's. Time for professionals to ACT like professionals. McDaniels included.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8685
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
Who knows. What I do know is that regardless of whether I agree what Josh is doing or not, it adds yet more pressure onto himself to perform, and fast. Fans have turned on him already this year, despite having the chance to improve on last years record which was the goal for many early McDaniels 'haters'.

I thought next year would be a lot less pressure for Josh; if (or when) Marshall leaves, its going to be the same allllllllll over again.


That's a very good point about the pressure. A lot of fans didn't like Mac from the get-go and he's done his best to alienate even more fans. I understand and respect his desire to run the team his way and built it in his vision, but some of moves he's made personnel wise (not to mention his play-calling and other problems) have only served to make things harder on him. One would think a person of Mac's intelligence would be able to recognize this.


No you don't. Most of Denver, from what I can gather doesn't. They would be happier with flopping like this every season, as long as it was with Mike Shanahan. Josh McDaniels gets a terrible rep because he's not Mike Shanahan. Why is that true? Well it was shown even before the season. Everyone of his bigger FA signings worked out quite well for us in hindsight.

His playcalling leaves something to be desired, and yes, that does worry me and anger me. But again, give the guy more than one season of mediocrity, if you were willing to give mike since 1999 to be essentially mediocre.


I think the original reason people were sceptical was because we hired an offensive HC rather that bringing in spagnolo or fraizer to turnaround our D.

Then the cutler thing was another reason to worry.
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group