Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mungro re-signs, Rayner, Cortez waived

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Mungro re-signs, Rayner, Cortez waived Reply with quote

surprise, surprise

this was reported by Adam Schefter of NFL.com, haven't got a link but will later.

After the signing of Vinatieri the releases were no surprise

Mungro's resigning was one I expected considering the uncertainty over who will be available in the draft.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Colton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, i was hoping that they would resign him. He was a good RB when rhodes and james were injured and made for a pretty damn good FB this year, even with his lack of size.
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mungro = SU

yea, keep as many SU guys on the team as possible, great re-signing

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like all of that except the release of Rayner, i think they should have put him on the practice squad, sent him to europe and let him learn. He has a good leg he jsut needs to be given an opportunity and if Adam gets injured he could have come in real handy.

Hank Hill wrote:
Is there anything beer can't do?

Don't Click Here!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndyColt#88 wrote:
i like all of that except the release of Rayner, i think they should have put him on the practice squad, sent him to europe and let him learn. He has a good leg he jsut needs to be given an opportunity and if Adam gets injured he could have come in real handy.

I think the big problem was that it was his kickoffs that lead to us bringing Cortez in at the end of the last season, he spent time on the practice squad last year and probably should have gone to NFLEL.
We became too dependant on a kicker who wasn't much good at kickoffs already and can't waste roster space like that if you want to maintain a winning team
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the big problem was that it was his kickoffs that lead to us bringing Cortez in at the end of the last season, he spent time on the practice squad last year and probably should have gone to NFLEL.
We became too dependant on a kicker who wasn't much good at kickoffs already and can't waste roster space like that if you want to maintain a winning team

It doesnt waste roster space if hes on the practice squad, and it is kind of hard to come down on the kid, he was a rookie and never got a real chance anyway. I say he should have been on the practice squad this year and should learn under Adam.

Hank Hill wrote:

Don't Click Here!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndyColt#88 wrote:
Quote:

It doesnt waste roster space if hes on the practice squad, and it is kind of hard to come down on the kid, he was a rookie and never got a real chance anyway. I say he should have been on the practice squad this year and should learn under Adam.

when I was talking about roster space I was ranting on Vanderjagt nothing really against Rayner, also you are only alotted 8 spots for practice squad and the only way to do that would be to cut him with one of the last cuts of the preseason and hope no one picks him up.

Nevertheless, I heard that he might get claimed off waivers very shortly, but not a word off by whom.
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok see, i had no idea that they wanted to resign him, its just that we got a great pick-up in Adam Viniateri, but i dont think the Colts should depend on one kicker like that....what if he gets hit and goes down, then theres noone there to pick up the job, unless your gonna make Hunter Smith kick, which is strange but might work. It just seems having him on the practice squad and having him there to fill in would be a smart thing to do. I mean they did draft him as the second kicker taken in the draft for a reason, right?

Hank Hill wrote:

Don't Click Here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: