Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect to Watch next year: Dayne Crist Notre Dame QB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roachkiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Prospect to Watch next year: Dayne Crist Notre Dame QB Reply with quote

Guy has an NFL frame already, he will be next in line after Clausen. Hes about 6'5" 230. Hes got the physical tools to be great no doubt. Heres some of his high school tape and his first TD pass in a ND uniform, which was a rocket to Goodman. People forget that he was actually ranked higher than Michael Floyd and Kyle Rudolph who were both 5 star prospects as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJWDpXLLWRA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf-Yob-v2l8
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I am not a fan of him right now, but then again, nor was I a fan of Clausen this time last year. Let's wait and see. As far as I'm concerned, for right now he's just another QB getting his first shot in College football at a high pro-file school.

If you're gonna win a sig bet, at least do a better job than this.
STLRedHawk7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Personally I am not a fan of him right now, but then again, nor was I a fan of Clausen this time last year. Let's wait and see. As far as I'm concerned, for right now he's just another QB getting his first shot in College football at a high pro-file school.

How come? From a physical standpoint he has everything you want. Big strong frame, huge arm, and a very good athlete...well a very good athlete for a QB. ND actually ran some spread option plays when he came in after Clausen got hurt this past season.

Now, he could be a mental midget and not be very good at all, but at this point I'm curious as to what negatives you see in him.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRedHawk7 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

How come? From a physical standpoint he has everything you want. Big strong frame, huge arm, and a very good athlete...well a very good athlete for a QB. ND actually ran some spread option plays when he came in after Clausen got hurt this past season.

Now, he could be a mental midget and not be very good at all, but at this point I'm curious as to what negatives you see in him.

Well to be completely honest. I'm not really a fan of any player who get's hyped up before he has yet to do anything. Especially if they go to a high-profile school. I don't DISLIKE him, I just think he needs to give me a reason to give him serious consideration in terms of going to the the next level before I give him said consideration.

If you're gonna win a sig bet, at least do a better job than this.
ohiostate#1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be stunned if Crist doesn't become a really high profile QB next year. Not to mention he'll begin receiving a ton of hype. First of all he's going to put up huge numbers in Brian Kelly's QB friendly spread attack. Not to mention he has an incredible amount of talent around him. I think he could be a first rounder when he comes out. Surprising mobility as well.

All of this is void if he doesn't recover from his torn ACL.
roachkiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
STLRedHawk7 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

Well to be completely honest. I'm not really a fan of any player who get's hyped up before he has yet to do anything. Especially if they go to a high-profile school. I don't DISLIKE him, I just think he needs to give me a reason to give him serious consideration in terms of going to the the next level before I give him said consideration.

Well, he hasnt got the chance to play yet. Besides, we are just talking from a talent standpoint, theres no doubt the guy is talented. Ryan Mallet got this same type of hype also and I think Crist is a better prospect because of his mobility to be honest, thats JMO.
a2piece89

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn this kid has a nice arm. throws the ball on a rope. good measurables too. you've made me a believer roachkiller
patrick peterson is another. best pure cb prospect since champ Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: