Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Second Round RB's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which RB would you prefer in the second round?
Joseph Addai, LSU
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Brian Calhoun, Wisconsin
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Maurice Drew, UCLA
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Other, please specify
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Second Round RB's Reply with quote

I know nobody knows how the first round is gonna go, so how about the second round....of all the second round RB prospects, which RB would you prefer in the second round? After the poll give some insight as to who you chose and why.

Hank Hill wrote:
Is there anything beer can't do?

Don't Click Here!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that Addai is most suited for the Colts offense

5' 11 1/4" 214lbs. could probably put on 10-15 lbs.
patient and strong runner with good balance, outstanding receiver out of the backfield

weaknesses size, never carried the load in college, and had an A.C.L tear in 2001
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more of a calhoun person, he has great speed and great hands, which u need in the colts offense

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
panzer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calhoun and addai are neck in neck right now. i used to have calhoun on top but addai's good 40 time has me second guessin.

mad props to :colts: for the sig
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panzer wrote:
calhoun and addai are neck in neck right now. i used to have calhoun on top but addai's good 40 time has me second guessin.

yeah, not only his good 40 time, but also according to every analyst and critic ive read, hes ranked higher than calhoun on the draft board, he seems like a well rounded back, but could he handle the load and the beating in the Indy offense? You would have to say that about Calhoun also, but he may need to split carries with Dominic Rhodes and i dont know how th offense will adapt to that, for me this question is still up in the air

Hank Hill wrote:

Don't Click Here!
egrizzard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calhoun has great speed?
Colton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

egrizzard wrote:
calhoun has great speed?

Had slow combine times, but made up for it at his pro day (4.38 officially)

Addai is nice, but like you said, he never really carried a full load and has some real injury concerns with that ACL tear a few years ago.

Calhoun proved that he can DEFINANTLY handle a full load even with his smallish frame. He carried nearly 350 times this year (addai only had about 190) and he also has pretty nice hands. I just personally think that he fits that offense more than addai. Besides, you cant really deny his production either (1600+ yards and 22 TDs)

Maurice drew is also very versatile and could help bring explosiveness to both the offense and as a kick returner on special teams.

overall though, id say if all three were there in the second, id probably take Calhoun, but Drew would be great as well.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calhoun was slightly injured in his warm up run at the combine which is why he ran a 4.6
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addai hasn't been a workhorse, really. Thats the only major knock I have on him. Not overly worried about it, but still....

UW RBs don't really have a good track record, either.

I don't have a great understanding of the Colts offensive scheme, Addai reminds me more of Edge from the film I've seen. I think either could be good, but I'D go with Addai.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Colton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
UW RBs don't really have a good track record, either.

Most Big 10 RBs dont have good pro careers, actually
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that Addai might be the best fit, Drew's size scares me. I love the kid but this aint college anymore. I think he would be nice and explosive, but injury prone or only a 3rd down back.

Calhoun, had good numbers and carried the load, but played under 200 pounds, he says that hes already over 200 and wants to be between 205-210 pounds in the pros....but thats not enough for the colts offense who needs a guy who can run inside the tackles. I love his hands and catching ability, but think about this....Manning throws a screen to Calhoun and in comes Urlacher, *bang* Calhoun is on the ground and hes not getting up.(could substitute Urlacher for Lewis, whatever) That kid will go flying. Hed have to put on another 10-15 pounds after he got to 205-210 for me to consider him a Colts back.

I myself like Addai because of his strength, he also has great hands, and speed. He wants to put on about 10 more more pound on which would be perfect, around 225. The fact that he hasnt carried the load, IMO, is a good thing. He showed patience, poise and will be very fresh coming out of college, he also posted very decent numbers for splitting carries 781 yards and 8 TD's. Not to mention he has an Edge like quality that we need, not only is he hard to bring down, his legs NEVER stop moving til the play is dead.

Hank Hill wrote:

Don't Click Here!
Colton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya i agree that he is a really nice fit, but he hasnt really seemed to go a full year without some sort of injury, even while splitting carries. Thats the only thing that scares me about him.
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
Ya i agree that he is a really nice fit, but he hasnt really seemed to go a full year without some sort of injury, even while splitting carries. Thats the only thing that scares me about him.

All his injuries were minor and of no real concern... he played well in both his junior and sophmore season, showing great ability even while only getting about 180 carries. Hes not super explosive, but then again he didnt have the ball enough times to get the amount of opportunities to show how explosive he may possibly be. I think he is the best all round RB that may be available to the Colts if they can not get a top 4. I think that Calhoun is the best Runner/reciever, but Addai is a Runner/reciever/Blocker/returner....the list goes on, this guy has lots of talent.

Hank Hill wrote:

Don't Click Here!
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isnt much discussion on drew, mainly because of size, but if he's around and calhoun, addai are not, he could fill the rb void and KR void

If we go drew though, u gotta think we get a free agent to go along with him

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUfbondarebound wrote:
There isnt much discussion on drew, mainly because of size, but if he's around and calhoun, addai are not, he could fill the rb void and KR void

If we go drew though, u gotta think we get a free agent to go along with him

exactly now the question begs, what free agents are around that can produce and do we really want to have to split carries between two guys, because this is still an excellent team even though we lost edge.

Hank Hill wrote:

Don't Click Here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: