Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Barron's PRO DAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Barron's PRO DAY Reply with quote

From NFL.com

Barron was 6-7 and 320 pounds at the combine, but he weighed in at 312 here. On the fast track, he ran 4.86 and 4.83 in the 40, which is remarkable for a guy his size. He added a 38-inch vertical jump, a 4.62 short shuttle and he did not do the cone drill.

Hes worth the 6th pick.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of me says we should definately draft this guy if he's there, but the other part tells me that he's too much of a project and a slight reach.

The part that tells me we should draft him knows it's the most logical pick, he'd be our LT for 10 years, he had a good pro day, and he has unlimited upside.

On the other hand, the devils advocate in me says that he can't run block, he doesn't finish off blocks, he doesn't have a mean streak, he didn't put up too many reps, he was running on a fast track for the forty time, he's not worth the pick, and he's a project. Now some of these may be wrong but I'm just thinking about all the possible negatives.

Being a scout must be an extremely tough job. I'm not sure I'd want the weight of a top ten pick bearing down on me.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast track or not, a 4.83 forty for somebody that is almost 6'8" and 320 is incredible. He has EXTREMELY strong legs, remember the combine.

Walter Jones and Tra Thomas were thought of as not such good runblockers coming out of college cuz i remember. Barron would be great. I dont think he'll be a project. And if he has flaws we got Munchak. The only thing im worried about is that he had a ACL tear. But i think of it this way. That was years ago. Hes got a 38 inch vertical and runs a 4.83 that clearly says he perfectly healthy. Besides run blocking is easier to learn than pass blocking.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, true, but he just doesn't seem like a completely safe pick ( what pick is though?). I guess when your team picks this high you worry about the little things more so than when you pick at 20.

Your are right that leg strength is much more critical for lineman than arm strength, but he definately need to get his upper body stronger.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
titangreins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also has had some injury concerns over his college career.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think hes perfectly healthy.
And Hes a safer pick than Rolle, Edwards, or Pacman
seminoles1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been injury free for the last 2 years so at least he's getting healthier.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey seminoles have u seen Barron play alot?

if so tell us what u like about him.
I only seen him once play, and he looked great. He arms a freakin long, and he didnt let anybody go by him or even budged him.
Burton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he posted those great time, but it means nothing if he can't play. If someone is fast is doesn't make them a great reciever.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows that he has upside and great potential. I think he played great. 2 year all-american, hasnt been injured in two years. I think we need a LT now than wait next year and end up not havin one available as good as Barron was. Next year has Winston and Justice are the only 2 guys that i like. Ferguson really sucks for UVA, ive went to his games and he is highly overrated. If we draft LT next year he would start at LT. If we can get one this year he would start at RT. At least he has a year under his belt and knows what to expect. Barron played both LT and RT in college.
It would be a gamble to try and get OT next year since we dont know how good we are.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Barron play every game the last 2 years except Duke. He is a dominant Pass blocker, he won't give up more than 10 sacks his rokie year. He has very quick feet and can't get beat by speed-rushers (except the elite like Freeney). The only guys who could really give Barron problems are the bull-rushers like Kevin Carter.
But, He is an average run blocker. He doesn't finish off his blocks. He could get away with it in college, but if Munchak doesn't get him better, Barron will not be very good. He doesn't have that mean streak that every one wants in a LT. I think that if he is drafted by us, he will develop into a premier LT i this league We have arguably the best O-Line coach in the league and he will help Barron become one of the best.
I know i'm pushing it, but we could actualy see us pick three FSU guys in the 1st 3 rounds. If we get Barron, we would take a long hard look at Bryant McFadden i the 2nd. He is very underrated and roved at his pro day that he is faster than everyone thought. Then in the 3rd, Craphonso Thorpe would probably be looked at to be the slot receiver. He is freakishly fast when healthy and is a perfect fit for the slot.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say he'll be a great pro. It would be awsome to trade down and still get him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: