Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Edgerrin James

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Edgerrin James Reply with quote

I was reading the sun-times' story the Johnson visit, and near the end it said that if the bears choose to go the receiver route a la Edwards(god forbid) or Williams(praying and hoping), that the bears might make some major cuts to try and broker a deal with the colts for James(pending a very detailed analysis of his reconstructed knee). It also said that they would James would be looking to get a signing bonus in excess of 12-15 million. Anybody think he's worth the trouble of all that if his knee checks out? I certainly would not be opposed to it, unless one of the major players(mike brown) is the one of sacrifice because I still think Jones is a perfectly good back. Although there is major risk involved with a running back who has been endlessly for the past six years, James is a playmaker who can change a game. See what he did to the bears last season. The bears handled Manning's passing game for three quarters, but it was James effective running and plays that broke the game open. He is still only 26, going into his prime, and ran for 1.548 freakin yards last season. An offense with a healthy Grossman, Jones and james at running back, and muhammad and Williams at receiver, whew. They would have the best depth overall as an offense. James won't gurantee a super bowl, but he can damn sure secure a playoff spot. He would be well worth the 2nd round or lower pick next year, the price he is expected to fetch, or even a first. All the colts are asking is for at least a 2nd round pick. I think his contract would be around a 13 million dollar signing bonus, and 30-33 mil for six years, hopefully backloaded considering the bonus for a player just out of surgery.
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-spt-bear11.html

that's the link to the page.
The Revolution

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take him and get mw at #4, they would be a huge threat on both sides of the ball
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Revolution

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James was just on the dan patrick show and he mentioned the bears a couple times. That would be huge
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be interested. I'd rather get a 2nd rounder than this guy. He'd be a little salty for the fuzzy-bears and I would only take him for 2-3 years.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He signed a one year contract with the Colts... so he's staying home.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2014733
delakev

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god. I think Edge is a solid back and our offense would be great next year, but at what cost? I don't even know what kind of cuts we would have to make or what kind of cap hell we would be in, but I like the core of our team and I think we are a few role players on either side of the ball away from being a threat in the playoffs (Strong Safety, OLB, #2 WR, backup running back, and a healthy OLine). I think all of those needs are needs that can be met in the draft/second free agency, and within a year or two could be the tops of the NFC.

Thanks so much Scar!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: