Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our first pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the first thing is that mike anderson just got traded to the Ravens so the likelihood of him being traded here is very slim...perhaps we could trade for Jamal Lewis, but who would we trade, not to mention he has a troubled past and who can be sure if somone changes or not.

The jets probably will not pick up a rb with the 29th simply because they lost their pro bowl center Kevin Mawai (dont know how to spell it). Most likely they will take the storngest C to enter the draft in long time, Nick Mangold.

Also, if it does look grim on draft day, you might expect the Colts to trade up or down. Trade up if it looks like the Jets/Panthers are gonna take a top four (maybe trade to 26 or 25), or trade down to get a 2nd round prospect (Drew, Calhoun, Addai). Even though the Colts arent known to trade up, anything can happen come draft day.

Hank Hill wrote:
Is there anything beer can't do?

Don't Click Here!
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see the Colts trading up. Teams in bad positions that would be willing to trade down would probably be Arizona, San Diego, Tampa Bay, and possibly the Giants. So I could see them catapult up to possibly even take one of the higher backs like DeAngelo or LenDale. (Supposedly Williams may drop to the early 20's, if Denver doesn't take him with 15.)

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
I could see the Colts trading up. Teams in bad positions that would be willing to trade down would probably be Arizona, San Diego, Tampa Bay, and possibly the Giants. So I could see them catapult up to possibly even take one of the higher backs like DeAngelo or LenDale. (Supposedly Williams may drop to the early 20's, if Denver doesn't take him with 15.)

I agree that its completely possible the Colts move down, i dont see Denver taking a RB with the 15th though, i hear a rumor that Mike Shanahan very interested in aquiring Javon Walker (see links below) which would mean that they would probably give up their 22nd pick and take the LB that the Broncos fans are beging for. Go to the Bronc's forums, none of them want a first round RB, so i dont know what they want to do. If the colts do move down, dont expect them to take Deangelo, he does not fit the scheme the colts play on offense. While he is prolific, he also has a past of wear and tear on his knees and if he plays in the Colts system he will get beat up and may not be the best back for the future (see Eddie George). White i would expect, but i think that maroney is coveted as the third overall RB on the Colts board. Bush, White, Maroney, Williams. Thats just the way i see it, i could be completely wrong.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=78097&ntpid=1

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_25365965.shtml

Hank Hill wrote:

Don't Click Here!
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your point about the wear and tear on Williams. I live in Memphis so I've been to a lot of the games and I've seen him get hit a lot, but I think it actually helped his game out. It allowed him to seek out holes better so he didn't get hit. You should've went to a game, it's ridiculous. When teams would literally go 10 in the box because they knew he was gonna have the ball. And then see him run it straight up the gut. He does have injury problems but I just can't see a whole lot of teams passing on his talents. I like the way you gave alternate info (Denvers). Good research. props

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
I like your point about the wear and tear on Williams. I live in Memphis so I've been to a lot of the games and I've seen him get hit a lot, but I think it actually helped his game out. It allowed him to seek out holes better so he didn't get hit. You should've went to a game, it's ridiculous. When teams would literally go 10 in the box because they knew he was gonna have the ball. And then see him run it straight up the gut. He does have injury problems but I just can't see a whole lot of teams passing on his talents. I like the way you gave alternate info (Denvers). Good research. props

Thanks for the props, and man do i wish i coulda gone to a Memphis game. I completely agree with you that besides Bush Deangelo might be the best equiped back to play in the NFL. He had the most all purpose yards in the NCAA. He is a great back. I think he could play for any team in the NFL and succeed. But you have to be scared of the injuries and the fact that he has a smallish frame. A good hit could really jolt him, and if its a low hit, man, all the fans for the team he plays for would start freaking out.... If he was the best back on th board i, personally would select him, but the Colts with their system and 7-8 years with a strong, struggle for extra yardage back, its gonna be a real hard decision to make if they trade up....remember all of the Colts precedents could be broken in this draft because this is the first time in about 6 years that they have had a major player really shake up their roster like this.

Hank Hill wrote:

Don't Click Here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: