Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pace Visiting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bullred

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that might make the rams hurry is if they do not trade or sign pace by wednesday they lose their franchise tag for next year. If the trade goes through I think it will be a good deal for both teams. Niether team will walk away screwed.

Your right about Dunta though. Not only is he very talented but a good kid too.
Big Clark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys r insane if you think pace will go to texans without us gettin at least one if not 2 1st ROUNDERS and more pieces however i do understand duntas goin nowhere
Bullred

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were going to give up 2 first round picks we would have just signed pace to an offer sheet. That automatically gives the rams our next 2 first rounders. We will work out a trade so we only have to give up 1 and later picks.
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Chronicle mentioned the 13th pick this year and the two 3rd round picks we have this year. After thinking about it, I would do that. We would be drafting a OT in the first anyway (Barron), so essentially we are giving up two 3rd round picks to get a proven commodity. The draw backs are price and age.
I would also consider the 13th pick this year and next year's 2nd round pick.
The Texans are getting closer and every draft pick means a lot right now so I don't want to see them give up too much.
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you dont see them giving up too much i dont see them getting him and thats the bottom line because mike martz said so.
texan0305

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: ya Reply with quote

well i know we got a young stud with dunta but no way we trade him hell dunta right now is worth more than pace straight up so if we trade dunta i see it as the rams owe us, he's younger he plays the toughest position in football and hes that good so your just in a fantasy world right now thinkin we give up dunta
texan0305

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: haha Reply with quote

so what if mike martz said so, no team is going to give up that much for pace, if you guys think his career is going downhill and your looking to get rid of him how are u expecting soo much? everyone is doubting this guy saying he has nothing in the tank so why would we give up a prospect plus a first round pick, just because mike martz said so doesnt mean anything it's a two way street both teams have to agree, casserly wouldnt give that up for pace look for the 13th pick and 2 3rd rounders
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, Pace is still a pro-bowler, but is definitely on the downside of his career. You can't make a trade based on where he was before, but rather on where he is right now. He'd be a tremendous addition to the texans line, but I can't see us giving up more than a 1st this year and 2nd next year. If they want more than that, I'd prefer to just grab some O-line help in the draft. We need our picks to get better and can't invest them all in one guy. Plus, I'd love to get Merriman in the first this year.
MIkeMartZisMyIDLE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: so what if mike martz said so, no team is going to give up t Reply with quote

he still has 2 years left in his prime so what the hell are you talking about
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying he's not still good. But he'll be 30 years old this year, so questions have to come up about his age and durability. I don't want to invest 2 first round picks on a guy who might only last a year or two.
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Clayton is now reporting Rams and Pace are close too a long term deal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: