Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

team needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macksb13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: team needs Reply with quote

Ok. I have thought DJ was the best defensive player in the nation for about 2 years and i would love to have him come to the vikings but we all know he's not fallen to number 7. So here's what we should do sign Hartwell who is still available and completes a good linbacking core, then trade up and get Mike Williams who will be better than Bolden this year next year and the year after ect.... One way or another we need a big time #1 reciever and a better than good linebacker. I think this is the best possible solution. What does everyone think?
Hornblende

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the linebacker. If we can get a stud linebacker or maybe if Henderson breaks out then defense will be really tough to contend with.
Serick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Hartwell Reply with quote

I'm hearing that there isn't a lot of interest in Hartwell among the Vikings brass and around the league. Rumor is that he's average, but has looked better than average playing alongside Ray Lewis.

Sounds like the Vikes still like EJ as their middle linebacker and see Hartwell as a step down - and that they only project him as a middle linebacker on their team - hence the lack of interest.
Hornblende

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think EJ can become a very solid LB in the years to come. A lot of the mistakes I noticed can be fixed with some experience.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, seems my school of thought kinda keeps shifting about our LBs. The past 2-3 yrs we've drafted a LB in Rds 1 or 2, plus added a former 1st rnder. One thing that held true over that course of time was that the D-Line wasn't really solid. Bromell, Tony Williams, Hovan, and Rogers didn't really consume the opposing OL coach or OC.

This year, so far, we have Harris (1st rd), EJ (2nd Rd), DT (2nd Rd), Smith(2nd Rd) and a couple others. Everyone of them is younger, and most have speed to burn. Then we have to factor in a more experienced and more talented front four.

Anyone else remember how Mike Merriweather, Scott Studwell, and Jesse Solomon looked behind the D-Line of Doleman, Thomas, Millard and Noga? Can the corps today approach that level?

Hartwell's a good LB, but we really don't need him, especially if we happen to land DJ or Merriman. Give this core smart, tough coaching, and no injuries, and by game 5 next year, we'll see how this offseason has panned out.
Helter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if the LB's we have study film enough and then apply what Contrell is trying to teach them we'll be fine ... if not we could be in alot of trouble

is Harris a good cover LB ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: