Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT - Bengals @ Steelers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this divisional matchup?
Steelers
67%
 67%  [ 21 ]
Bengals
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 31

SteelTom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Week 10 GDT - Bengals @ Steelers Reply with quote

@

When Sunday November 15th 2009

Where Heinz Field

Steelers last outing : Won 28-10 @ Denver

Bengals last outing : Won 17-7 vs Baltimore

Keys to the game for the Steelers:

1) Stopping Cedric Benson. Probably one of the biggest suprises in the whole NFL this year, many thought this guy was a complete bust after he was picked 4th overall and played awfully for Chicago. However, he seems to have found a new lease of life with the Bengals and is running extremely well. He currently sits second in the NFL in rushing with 837 yards and 6 TD's.

2) The play of the O-line. Protecting Ben is always important for the Steelers, we've all seen what he can do to opposing defences when he recieves good protection from his blockers. It is also going to be key in my mind to run the ball effectively against the Bengals like we managed to do against Denver this week, if Mendenhall gets some lanes, he's a big play threat every time.

3) Ben Limiting his mistakes. Ben is having a stellar season, but he can't seem to lock down these erratic throws. Despite a good game yesterday, he still threw a red zone pick when the Broncos were still in the game. He needs to limit these mistakes against a much improved Bengals defence. The Steelers can't afford to give Palmer good field position.

4) Our secondary. It hasn't been great this year (some people blame Lebeau) and CB play has been inconsistant at best. Palmer is playing some great football and the steelers shouldn't sleep on the pass. I'm very glad Polamalu is 100% healthy now.

This is possibly the biggest game of the season for both teams and could decide the division title, if the Bengals win they will have the two game tie-breaker and the lead in the division. This team is definitely for real this season.

Here's to a good game, a Steelers win ( Cool ) and no injuries.

Jamison on the sig!
Pipes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a very tough game for the Steelers, and it's the most important game of the season so far.

Good thing for the Steelers, they've got 3 big things going their way different from last Bengals game:
1. Game is at home at 1pm. Much better than on the road at 4pm. Just look at the numbers under Tomlin.
2. Troy Polamalu will play this time around
3. So will Rashard Mendenhall
steeltrap

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipes wrote:
This is going to be a very tough game for the Steelers, and it's the most important game of the season so far.

Good thing for the Steelers, they've got 3 big things going their way different from last Bengals game:
1. Game is at home at 1pm. Much better than on the road at 4pm. Just look at the numbers under Tomlin.
2. Troy Polamalu will play this time around
3. So will Rashard Mendenhall

Numbers 2 & 3,,,very good points sir. However, we still aren't getting any
love. This morning, ESPN, even though they credited the steelers play last night, still are saying, " Oh, but now they have to go ALL the way back east on a short work week and play At Cincy. Well first off, they need to look at the schedule, the game is AT Pittsburgh. And two,,,the fact of your two points on Troy P will play this game. And Mendenhall as well.

However, something definitely will break this Sunday. We are 40 at home. And Cincy is 3-0 on the road. But I say the steelers haven't come all this way to win 5 in a row, just to lose now, and for the second time with a divisional foe, and co-division leader.

Pittsburgh....26
Cincy..........13
coleman397

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this game be flexed?
SG3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're going to give them a serious beat down. I just have that feeling.
steeltrap

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman397 wrote:

Yes it can,,but no it won't. The league cannot sub Monday night games, no matter what. And this sunday night game is the Pats/Colts game. And no chance in HELL are they gonna Bump that match-up for us.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steeltrap wrote:
coleman397 wrote:

Yes it can,,but no it won't. The league cannot sub Monday night games, no matter what. And this sunday night game is the Pats/Colts game. And no chance in HELL are they gonna Bump that match-up for us.

Usually flexed just means a shift in times. Not days of when the games are played.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
steeltrap

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
steeltrap wrote:
coleman397 wrote:

Usually flexed just means a shift in times. Not days of when the games are played.

Nat, I know that. I think the original poster meant can the Steeler game be moved from the 1 PM time to the night time game, and yes it can, and yes they would IF the scheduled game was say Tennessee @ Buffalo ?

But New England, and Indy ? Those are Roger Goodell's " Dream Teams "
And they won't get switched for nothing!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steeltrap wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
steeltrap wrote:
coleman397 wrote:

Nat, I know that. I think the original poster meant can the Steeler game be moved from the 1 PM time to the night time game, and yes it can, and yes they would IF the scheduled game was say Tennessee @ Buffalo ?

Oh, I'll agree with you on that. The Colts and Pats are the NFL darlings (by way of media attention).

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
coleman397

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steeltrap wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
steeltrap wrote:
coleman397 wrote:

I was actually talking about 4:15. For some reason I thought the NFL could flex to a 4;15 game if it deserves more prime time viewers, but I think I'm completely wrong.

I just could have sworn one of our games last year was supposed to be 1:00 and moved to 4:15.
Pipes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please no 4pm games!

Steelers regular season record under Tomlin at 4pm: 3-6
Steelers regular season record under Tomlin at all other times: 27-6
-DOA-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman397 wrote:
I was actually talking about 4:15. For some reason I thought the NFL could flex to a 4;15 game if it deserves more prime time viewers, but I think I'm completely wrong.

I just could have sworn one of our games last year was supposed to be 1:00 and moved to 4:15.

Yeah, it can be moved to the 4:15 slot. The Bears vs. Bengals game was moved from one to 4:15, but that move was made something like a week or two in advance. I highly doubt they move this game five days before it's going to be played.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's flex it to a prime time game

we know we'll win then Cool
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-DOA- wrote:
coleman397 wrote:

Yeah, it can be moved to the 4:15 slot. The Bears vs. Bengals game was moved from one to 4:15, but that move was made something like a week or two in advance. I highly doubt they move this game five days before it's going to be played.

Was just about to post this. I don't think they'll move it, though they should. This is a huge game for both teams and should be a great slug-em-out matchup.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Irish 11

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I friggin' hate 4 pm kickoffs for two reasons: 1. I hate waiting to watch the game 2. The Steelers pretty much suck when playing at 4 pm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: