Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rodgers or Smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adiddy22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Rodgers or Smith Reply with quote

Enough with the should we take Rodgers or Smith. I don't want either. The neither deserves the top pick and neither would have been a top QB selection in last years draft. If we can't trade down we should take Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards. We can get a QB prospect in the later rounds that could materialize into something. I still would like to see what Cody Pickett can do once he learns the system.
Any thoughts?
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed...although I don't care if it's Pickett, Dorsey, or Rattay who sees more time; none of them have had a chance to prove themselves.
MNorona

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the OL getting better I dont think we need to draft a QB this year because he will benifit from the protection. I think we take Mike Williams if we cant trade down (i cant stand Edwards). But if we can i'd love to get a DT or DE.
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that we shouldn't take a QB with the #1 overall, but I think we should take one with our second (Frye, McPherson, Walters, etc.) and let him develop for a year or 2 while we fit in the pieces around him. Heck, we have so many holes I wouldn't mind if we spent all 11 of our picks on positions other than QB and took McNeal or Leinart next year; but a second round QB would be less of a risk than a first rounder, so I'd rather go that way.

Last edited by Mr. Brightside on Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Brightside wrote:
Heck, we have so many wholes I wouldn't mind if we spent all 11 of our picks on positions other than QB and took McNeal or Leinart next year

Question Question Question Question Question

Reggie McNeal? I agree with damn near everything else though...well said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: