Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bow Down to Brandon Jennings (55 points vs GS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packers89

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Packers89 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I don't want to be the party pooper here...but the behind the back is not that tight in the video. Like its obviously cool, but its not thaaaat difficult.

Jennings is playing really well. I love him. I hope he wins ROTY...he has a good shot for sure.

And that's why it was rated 2nd best play of the day, right?

Oh it was?? That totally changes my opinion!! I should base all my posts off of Sportscenter.

Sportscenter? You should know better than that, it was NBA.com. Sportscenter wouldn't ever show highlights of a Buck!
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers89 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Packers89 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I don't want to be the party pooper here...but the behind the back is not that tight in the video. Like its obviously cool, but its not thaaaat difficult.

Jennings is playing really well. I love him. I hope he wins ROTY...he has a good shot for sure.

And that's why it was rated 2nd best play of the day, right?

Oh it was?? That totally changes my opinion!! I should base all my posts off of Sportscenter.

Sportscenter? You should know better than that, it was NBA.com. Sportscenter wouldn't ever show highlights of a Buck!

Damn, I need to be more on top of my highlight shows. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front runner as of now. Dude looks like AI out there. Still too early though.
A.J. Hawk Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
Yeah, still way too early and anyone can be a front runner after a few games but he's going to be in it all the way.

Kind of cool that he opened up his career where AI started his...

3-Peat Footballs Future Elite Baseball League Champion
kyle21121

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
Yeah, still way too early and anyone can be a front runner after a few games but he's going to be in it all the way.

No doubt. He's been very impressive. I think he'll be the second best PG from this draft class behind Rubio.

I think it'll come down between him and Blake for ROY. Evans, Curry and Harden will be in the mix though.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:

No doubt. He's been very impressive. I think he'll be the second best PG from this draft class behind Rubio.

I think it'll come down between him and Blake for ROY. Evans, Curry and Harden will be in the mix though.

I like Harden a lot, but I really don't think he's going to be in the mix. He's a perfect compliment player as opposed to Evans, Jennings, and Griffin who are supposed to be young guys that take over their respective teams.
as11osu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:
A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:
kyle21121 wrote:

I like Harden a lot, but I really don't think he's going to be in the mix. He's a perfect compliment player as opposed to Evans, Jennings, and Griffin who are supposed to be young guys that take over their respective teams.
Agreed. Harden just won't get the numbers. He's his teams 5th or 6th option at best right now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I just see that as the season goes on Curry will focus more on shooting and less on his FG% and secondary statistics.

IMO it's between Griffin, Jennings and Evans; but it'll depend on how they hold up after their injuries. I don't think Flynn should be mentioned as of now, he won't be that spectacular and he's been shooting more than passing.
Illmatic74

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
Personally, I think the ROY will come down to either Jennings, or Jonny Flynn, IMO Flynns scoring and assists will start to go up, the assists definately will when Love gets back.

I think Stephen Curry will also enter the discussion.The major thing holding him back is the fact that his coach and some of his teamates are well crazy.
PackerFanDan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally an exciting player in this city. You all don't know how starved this city is for an exciting NBA player. This city basically forgot the NBA existed for a few years. Jennings can bring back the NBA to this city and probably even keep it here.
FrenchMyToast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on the Brandon Jennings hype wagon since before the draft.

I like his swagger.

I thought he would definitely give Blake a fight, but now it might be his.

Webmaster wrote:
Seriously, how have you not been permanently banned yet?
Iggles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called this the moment he went to Europe. But even I thought he'd have a longer NBA adjustment period.

I've been a big supporter of HS guys going to the Euro leagues. It's tougher competition in an environment closer to that of the NBA. I'm not sure some guys have the mental toughness to do it, but those who do and capitalize on the opportunity will end up being much better players. Jennings' minutes in Italy were limited, but the dude was spending a lot more time on the practice court than college players who split time between classes (okay, maybe not at Kentucky), the court, and other stuff.

Proof positive of the value of playing in Europe. Jennings is playing like a guy with a year or two in the NBA under his belt.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
I called this the moment he went to Europe. But even I thought he'd have a longer NBA adjustment period.

I've been a big supporter of HS guys going to the Euro leagues. It's tougher competition in an environment closer to that of the NBA. I'm not sure some guys have the mental toughness to do it, but those who do and capitalize on the opportunity will end up being much better players. Jennings' minutes in Italy were limited, but the dude was spending a lot more time on the practice court than college players who split time between classes (okay, maybe not at Kentucky), the court, and other stuff.

Proof positive of the value of playing in Europe. Jennings is playing like a guy with a year or two in the NBA under his belt.

The bolded part is key and I completely agree. I think many guys won't be able to handle this, but the ones who can will benefit greatly.
GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers89 wrote:
For some reason I just see that as the season goes on Curry will focus more on shooting and less on his FG% and secondary statistics.

IMO it's between Griffin, Jennings and Evans; but it'll depend on how they hold up after their injuries. I don't think Flynn should be mentioned as of now, he won't be that spectacular and he's been shooting more than passing.

That is because Flynn is honestly the only one on the Wolves that can do anything, I would know, I have watched all their games up to this point.

Last night, Flynn did pass more though, but what I didnt get, Sessions played 31 Mins, and Flynn played 19, and Flynn has been playing much better thus far, I dont understand.[/b]

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
You know this is a glowing endorsement for heading to Europe for a year or two to refine your game instead of going to college.

Some may rip me here, but the talent levels in the top 2 or 3 european leagues and most of the coaching is at a level above what you get in college, and they also have a more, team and defensive orientated feel to the way they play.

Jennings played small minutes in Italy, but what he did he did well, he was forced to work and hustle in trainings, he was forced to learn the basics again, defensive stance, movements, and he has come out the otherside far better for it.

Brandon is a far better player now (On a rough guess I would say 18-24 months) ahead of where he would have been as a rookie had he gone to, and dominated college for a year.

I agree. These leagues are in fact professional leagues, so that right there should tell you that you can get some goooood competition there. Not a knock on NCAA or anything, but I've always felt that what Brandon Jennings did was actually smart. Roddy Beaubois is another player that I think benefited from playing overseas in a pro-league as well. He obviously is no Jennings, but I think that he is better off b/c of the euro league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: